Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Imbuing 101

Started by Jar Jar, June 12, 2010, 07:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jar Jar

Forenote: I enquired to staff about imbuing caps and asked if it was possible for me to make a post about these caps and general info ive found. Ive been given permission by staff to write about some of the rules, caps and things ive found

Welcome Pandorians to jar's Imbuing class 101. This is a collection of what i have learned from ingame imbuing, to share with you all in the hope that it helps out.

The basics of imbuing are already stated in the "Rune imbuing" thread, this is all about %'s (as accurate as i can get them) the intensities given by each 'hit', what mods can be added to what items, and how best get the best chances at getting the imbues you are after. However all is based on what i have personally done ingame so far.. IT MAY NOT BE 100% FACT as it is just from my experience. However i hope what i do have helps..

So what items CAN i imbue master jar?

Im glad you asked. From my knowledge these are items that CAN be imbued.
-Armour, runic or looted.
-Weapons runic or looted.
-Jewelry looted.
-Lesser tots

JUST as important are the list of items that CANNOT be imbued, these include:
-Clothing
-Talismans
-Artifacts
-Pets (duh)
-anything you cannot place on your character as a useable item.
-trees

MOST importantly, this is a list of items that can be imbued BUT SHOULD NOT BE. These will get fixed in the future, for now DO NOT attempt to imbue the following items. Im not sure what staff will do to you if you do, but it might not be pretty...
-Artifacts (without a artifact rarity rating) and GREATER tots.
-I think thats it :)

-Ok cool, so what mods can be imbued to what items?

Well, its quite easy really. Any mod that can be found on a specific type of item (armour, weapon, jewels) normally through looting or crafting (not including mods found on artifacts) can be added to the same item type through imbuing. Example:
-I can add lower mana cost to armour and jewels, but not to weapons.
-I can add hitspell to weapons, but not to armour or jewels.
-I can add mana regen to armour, but not to weapons or jewels.

-Awwww wickid! ok, so what about this... can i make like a 80 fireball, 70 harm, 100 lightning, 40 swing speed increase 200 damage increase weapon and pwn all who oppose me!?!?  aaaarrrrggghhhh?

:?

ok.. well no. You cant. why?

Because even thought it is 'possible' to do this at the moment because the imbuing is so new, normal mod limits still apply. Confused? ill try to explain....

-Normal craftable and lootable weapons are only ever given a max of 1 hitspell and up to a maximum of 50 of that hitspell. PLEASE DO NOT IMBUE ITEMS PAST THEIR NORMAL CAPS/LIMITS. For those who are new ill try to jot a few down below:

-Hit chance increase and defense chance increase. Max 15%
-Swing speed increase max 30
-Hitspell max 50 (and only 1 per item)
-hit lower defense, attack, damage increase & all leeches and area hits max 50
-resists max 15
-lower mana cost 8%
-Any regen is 2 i think?
-stat increase 8
-hit point increase 5
-damage increase (non weapon items) 25
-spell damage increase 15.

Honestly just be sensible about the imbuing and youl be fine. I mean having a player running around with a weapon like the one above mentioned would kill in 1 hit. Where is the pvm/pvp equality and fairness in that?

-Meh.. got any pointers on how much intensities each hit gives?

Yeah sure, from my experience so far this is as close as i can give to what intensities are added. Sorry but i can only add the intensities of mods i have personally imbued. If you have added others and have an idea post em below..

-Hitpspell = around 5-20 per hit i think..
-stat increase = around 1-8.
-swing speed inc = at least 4-10.
-hit chance & defense chance increase = around 3-10

Sorry they are about the only mods ive imbued with so far...

-So what are the chances of imbuing items?

Well, this depends entirely on a few things:
-your inscription skill (mainly)
-your magery skill (not as much)
-your luck irl
-maybe if your hungry or full? (not sure about that 1 heh)

I tried imbuing around 6 items with 100 inscription and 110 magery. every item failed.. id probably rate the chances of 100 inscription + 100 magery at around 5-10% success rate of actually imbuing the item. On the other hand someone who has 120 inscription and 120 magery (and even an inscription bonus talisman) would probably have close to 60-70% success rate.  
*note 120 magery can be gained from any champ spawn ingame, however 120 inscription ps can ONLY be donated for.
Sure most ppl cant get the 120 on both skills but there are players online who do and will imbue FOR you for a small fee. So other take your chances with the skill level you have, or find someone you trust and pay them to imbue for you..

Disclaimer: As  i said up top, i have been given permission by staff to write what i have written here, please take the rules i have written above seriously as they are true. IF i have put any wrong or misleading information in i apologise :)  im sure staff can edit it or put in the correct facts.
  I hope this has helped you all in your quest for imbuing, if you have anything you can add please throw it in..

Best of luck with your imbues compadres!

Class dismissed..

Statin

You can't imbue trees? Wrong.
Mine has Hit Apple 48%.

On a less serious note, nice post J, seems to have just about everything in it, should be handy to know the Intensities and Caps on the items. :)

Jar Jar

UPDATE
Upon further investigation, hitspell seems to add an average of 9 - 10 per imbue.

Gargamell

Thank you.

That cleared up some of my confusion on the subject.

Gizmo

if you look at the files that come from the RunUO Forums, lets take the Aglo.cs Rune..
int DestroyChance = Utility.Random( 5 );

so basically a 1 in 5 chance the item will be destroyed. This is, only true if they did not modify the script itself to contain any scalar values from the current players skills.

Rival

the script has been modified heavily to make them less likely to succeed and it is based off of skill

Dleatherus

mana regen is getting me 1-4
stat increases have been 1-7, and won't work on a piece that already has 8 in that particular stat

Dleatherus

oh .. only tried a couple of lrc imbues, but they were getting me around 5

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111