Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

VOTE: Should you be able to attack a murderer?

Started by King Kong, January 24, 2012, 05:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Wanting to know what people think for a future update. For some reason, somewhere along the lines we changed the rule set where reds cannot be attacked in trammel facets, unless they are Order/Chaos of course.

Was leaning towards putting this back, how UO is suppose to work.

HOW IT WORKS
Reds cannot attack blues in cities of course or they get guard whacked. But a blue can attack a red, in turn the red is allowed to defend himself at no cost.

I think this would create some pvp, for those who want it (cause it's totally optional, if you don't wanna fight don't attack) in some of the old school towns like Brit bank etc. Also it's fun to try and gank a red running from West to East Brit bank 4 times.  :lol:

ps. Non of this applies to safe zones like Insula, Luna walls, etc.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

kristianvanags

Yes YEs YES YES !
i think this is a great idea !

infact from talking to the girls, we all do,

we have a choice.. :>

based on that, we proberly gona go a red guild and march in to town stealth and draw them all out :> Whooop Whoop

MinaLisa

What game are we playing again? OH Yeah! Ultima Online! A game of virtues and Heroes upholding the laws and helping other players. It is the very essence of this game to kill the REDS! Oh and for the reds to kill US as well.

I am a living vampire and when I get a good connection you will all find out what this means.
I will be Strutting my REDness around the Brit bank and if you are brave, foolish or both enough why not try me? I will be standing over your corpse laughing at you for not insuring that great new weapon you had in your pack and thank you in front of all who are in range for the new addition to my collection!

As you can see in this rant above it may be a fun new addition to have posts of boasting from both the blue and red sides as long as we all remember it's just a silly game {NO really is is!}. We are all just here to have fun and if it's not then you should consider playing another type of game friends.

I too have fallen prey to the "Evil PK" that snuck up on me and killed me before I had a chance. HEY! No one says 123-GO in real life either, but at least in the game you get item insurance Resurrection and can make plans to ward off future PK attacks and failing the ability for that... live your life carefully, don't bring your best gear when you gather materials or are crafting out of guard zones, and be aware of your surroundings when your hunting because you may not be the only hunter at that spawn... No, you are likely also being hunted!

Danger is part of this game.

Only things I don't like about PKing is as follows:

IF you are going to pk me, don't act like my friend and hunt with me then kill me when I'm nearly dead! Your a mighty PK! Not a wimpy backstabber. Have the courage to just walk up and kill me in the first place. Even the Murderers should have some form of honor.

IF you kill a person just loot them have some time to gloat and mock our corpses {because we are no doubt already looking for a shrine or healer and are not there to listen to you ranting}
BUT don't be cowardly and REZ-KILL! Wait for us to be full health all geared up and looking for revenge then you may kill us again, chances are we will be more ready to defend our selves at that point and your victory will be that much sweeter and so will your risk of us gaining our revenge. This is the way PK-ing was meant to be so why don't you rez killers get some back bone and stop being so cowardly.

WE need a bounty system. I believe this will make playing on both sides more fun BUT we can't have ANY reds EVER able to collect on Murderer's because they would just kill friends for profits.

What about a RED's Bounty system? They could post a bounty on BLUES as well *evil laugh*

What about faction Rewards? I say anyone in a party that kills a Order or Chaos should get some kind of group reward related to the Faction they are in like a faction Point system able to be spent on either titles, ranks or even in game items like repair deeds or powder of fortification ect.?

Just some ideas folks no need to flame me. *runs and hides*

... My 2 Cents.

Palpatine

I say BRING IT ON! If someone wants to attack me, have at it!

Opaloka

The current system in Pandora does allow them too much freedom, and, as far as i can see no real punishment, however i wouldnt have written most of this if you hadnt asked for a vote on it, it could carry on as it is, i dont have a problem wityh the current system, just thought id voice my opinions (something i can rarely resist doing)

Yes murderers should live with the danger theyve put themselves in

However nothing is as simple as that, if you allow them to be attacked *anywhere* youre allowing PvP on all facets, or are they gonna be un-lootable on tram facets? If they win will they be able to loot the blue?

It kinda goes against the rulesets for each facet
Ive nothing against PvP but tram was made for PvM, Fel is for PvP.
I'd rather see them stuck in Fel facets, but that would deny them too much of PvM and Champs etc (unless of course they had alts, which is what we used to do anyway isnt it? have a red toon and a regular)

I feel its... hmm want to say wrong but no not wrong, maybe odd to blur the rulesets of the facets.  
I like the idea of being able to attack reds, but deep down i dont think they should be in tram in the first place, my concession would be just to keep them out of tram towns (guards attack them on sight)

Reds should have penalties/restrictions, they should be elusive hunters and sometimes prey, they should not be banksitting at Brit hoping to be attacked, its too close to the old Noto-PK or Grey-PK (which was deliberately being grey in order that others attack you, then you kill them without getting a murder count which is fine, in Fel)

The Thing is by all means allow some penalty for reds, but it shouldnt necessarily mean PvP in trammel, restrict them to fel, but allow them free reign there (no guards, lawless towns), encourage blues to go to fel to hunt reds, some sort of reward - doesnt have to be coins or whatnot, could be titles or leaderboard type reward
What about the virtue system? i'll be honest i havent read up on it yet, it didnt exist when i last played UO, but maybe make some of the virtues only attainable by hunting reds, Valour or Justice sound likely candidates

If you just blur the rules for the facets you may as well remove tram rules, or remove fel rules.
Why not just duplicate the other facets, so there are Fel and Tram version of EACH facet, Malas, Ilshenar, Ter Mur as well as the existing Britannia & Lost Lands duplicates, sounds drastic, but this allows reds full access to every spawn, dungeon and resource, make it impossible for reds or greys to move into tram facets, encourage blues to go to fel facets much as you already have (higher yield of resources, loot too maybe?) with the addition of something else to encourage the hunting of Reds

If you blur the facet rules too much you may as well have the same rules on each facet, but have a pop-up system
" RED-dewd is trying to attack you, do you wish to allow this?"
Okay / Cancel
or
"Type Accept to allow this" kinda thing
This way you only need 1 of each facet... but its a little silly maybe
Of course then anyone who got PK'd wouldve allowed it, therefore it wouldnt be fair making someone red for it...

I also think many reds just want a red name cos its cool to be "different", make it Pink instead see if they all still think its cool :)
Perhaps offer PK Hunters a coloured name for maintaining a acceptable red kill rate - kill x amount of reds a week to have your name be purple (or something)

Red is a choice and should have penalty, they commit crimes to become red, if the penalties are too much for them they shouldnt have commited the crimes.

I think best tihng is restrict reds more, confine them to Fel, but encourage blues to go there more, this doesnt fundamentally change the rules of the facets, but does make being red a punishment, and hunting them a "virtue" and as has been said, UO is a land of virtues

Remind them that just because you meet another red this doesnt make you friends, kill each other, give some reward for red on red action too

I guess im just rambling, and not sure any of what i said makes sense to you, but wanted to share my thoughts on such a subject, no matter how disjointed and mixed up those thoughts happen to be :D
Ingame Name - Autumnstar

LittleGrim

I reckon yes and just have the rules as Kon has said.
No attacking inside Luna walls or in New Insula, maybe even have the guards not be insta-wack everywhere  :D .
Would be kinda cool and reds could play "How many guards can you tank?", the russian roulette of UO  :lol:

Some reward for murderer hunting would be good too, and one for the reds as well of course but for killin blues, or maybe just for defending themselves if thats possible.

King Kong

Good stuff Opaloka

Pantelima

As long as the safe zones stay safe I'm all for it!
Pantelima of FocalPoint Labs (FPL) Guild
Miku\'s Animal World Luna North]

Gasper Le Marc

I welcome this idea,

Just remember you might kill me eventually, but i will take all your stuff and clean you out.

Being a Red myself i know the pros and cons regarding this system, but the more risk the more reward so lets get this underway asap.

Good day
Legendary Thief of Pandora

fruitbodywash

I like the ideas that MinaLisa and Opaloka had. I do kind of miss the old bounty system.  I think it would be awesome to have it work both ways.  Blues putting out bounties for murderous reds, and Reds putting up bounties for the do-gooder blues.  I like the idea of drawing blues into fel to hunt reds. I personally can't pvp, but when i decide to learn the ins and outs of pvp, i would love to be able to hunt for bounty and things. Titles for reds killed (with a timer, like fame and karma) and titles for blues killed would be really cool. The red killers could get titles along the lines of "Protector of the Innocent" and/or "Bane of the Treacherous" and Blue killers get titles like "Scourge of the Innocent" and/or "Murderous Man of Mayham" lol.... I dunno, i would be neat to have a lot of titles based on number of kills. (like the karma and fame system)  and have it show on their names over their head (like their guild titles do) :)

King Kong

You guys voted for this so it took effect in Publish 31

and Bounty System can be exploited too easy, but maybe there will be something if you kill a red in the future.

Gasper Le Marc

Hmm bounty system, interesting idea.

Could be something like, every time you kill a red you accumulate there heads, thus trading them in to the Bounty hunter for gold or some prize, that could be interesting development, obviously there would be exploits regarding it as people would purposely make a red character and kill it over and over.

But maybe if we could make so when you kill a red all witnesses around the area will get a notification of the death of the red, thus playing witness to the murder, thus counting in your favor, the more favor that builds up the more the rewards increase.

Something along those lines could be something for future thought.

My daily contribution for the day

Good day
Legendary Thief of Pandora

Jupiter

Note to fellow blues; Be carefull when hunting and using range spell (like wither), as it will hit reds now and give them the right to attack you. I found this out the hard way.

King Kong

Quote from: "Jupiter"Note to fellow blues; Be carefull when hunting and using range spell (like wither), as it will hit reds now and give them the right to attack you. I found this out the hard way.

Yes this puts a small very easily preventable risk to blues. But I like the idea cause it makes you think before you just run around wither spamming mobs. Actually have to put maybe 2 seconds of thought into it.  :lol:

Belegerandh

Shoot, if I was red I'd be stealthing into the tram champ areas to get hit by an earthquake spell or run through a poison field.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman