How to connect 3d?

Started by Dreablin, October 02, 2012, 02:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreablin

Try as wiki said, but connected to official server((
UOSA loader do nothing(
How can i use new 3d client?

Angel0178

Download this attachment. It contains the easily Launcher, and two files named Cheese.cfg and Cheese.dll. The cfg is already loaded with the IP address and port number for PandoraUO. However, do remember that the EC is currently not supported here so any bugs or problems you may have are will not be dealt with by any member of the staff. I would suggest if you really want to use the EC, keep a copy of the Classic Client as well, just in case. Also, Kon, if you could place this file on the Wiki, i would appreciate it.

Horns Nigel

Hails MH, sounds like you ave some experience with it, have you used it here?...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Angel0178

Allo Nigel. I have actually. A couple problems I have discovered are mostly gump issues. For instance, when you use the moongate, it'll only show the towns where you are, but if you cancel, and go back, it will do it normal unless you move to another facet. Also, a funny one is that when you feed your pet, the falls dead animation goes, but your pet is fine. I'll make a list of all the problems I come across, and post them when I get a chance.

Arczii

How to connect here using 3d client? I downloaded all required files and still nothing.
I have the newest client verson 4.0.27.9
Any solution?

Angel0178

Check my first message. There is a working copy of UOSA Loader there at the bottom. I assure you it works, and is not spam. All you do is download the three files and place them in your EC folder. The IP address and Port number for Pandora is already filled in so after you have placed the, simply double click on the executable file. Remember to use Run as Administrator if you are running Windows Vista.

Arczii

Thank you Angel0178, it's working now but... people still could got allert message: "missing MSVCR71.dll file". I've downloaded it from google but would be nice if you add this one to your ZIP file.
Regards.

Angel0178

My apologies. I will. Here is an updated Zip File with the dll that Arczii is referring to.

wickedfox

Hi - Is there a new version of these files?  When I click the executable it gives me an error window that says: "ARGGGHHHH!  Failed to start client!"
~ Wicked Fox, Sira, Summer Rain ~

Voxpire

I still have plans to revamp the launcher, or write a custom one for Pandora in order to use the enhanced client, but right now it's low on the priority scale with the large addition of publish #49 in the works :)

Angel0178

I do apologize. I'm currently downloading EC to check this out. I'll keep you updated. What OS do you use, also cool, Vorspire.

Voxpire

If people manage to get the EC working, logged-in, etc, I'm happy to modify the server code in order to reduce the amount of glitches that appear when using it. Most of them appear to be caused by differences in the packet structures for the two clients.

Horns Nigel

I personally never cared for 3D on UO, but i never cared for everquest either, i like the old school look of UO....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Angel0178

Vorspire, I got the file in my second message working. You can download it and use it to fix the stuff. Also, the death gump sometimes goes off to the side, but I am not sure if thats just my monitor. To add on to Emerists message regarding the moongate, if you cancel and go back, it usually rights itself, but again, that may be my monitor. Also, WickedFox, you have to place the loader files in the UO Enhanced Client folder in Program Files.

Emerist

Once we get all the bug's listed I will update the the wiki with the latest 3d set-up and bug info. I don't have time to find all the bug's myself but I know context menus don't work there all saying missing string for everything. Moongates are a pain as stated moveable menus on them would help a lot with this. Tool bar shows no text and go text is missing from the moon gates. The vendor stone menus are same as moongates so you have to close and open a few times.

Note for moongates if you can see where go text should be click it and it will fix the location

Quote from: Angel0178 on May 03, 2013, 01:25:54 PM
Vorspire, I got the file in my second message working. You can download it and use it to fix the stuff. Also, the death gump sometimes goes off to the side, but I am not sure if thats just my monitor. To add on to Emerists message regarding the moongate, if you cancel and go back, it usually rights itself, but again, that may be my monitor. Also, WickedFox, you have to place the loader files in the UO Enhanced Client folder in Program Files.
I removed that post as I hadn't read full thread when I posted. So my set-up help wasn't needed but I would say where two for on the gump bugs. I'm using fully patched 3d and I have a 2 or 3 patch old 3d as well and its the same on both.

Windows 7 1600*900 screen res.

Screen Cap/Video from first post

http://youtu.be/fdJcMGrNJYg
*Throws computer off closest bridge*

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin