Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

New player guidelines.

Started by OAN, September 21, 2011, 10:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OAN

Welcome to pandora.

First of all i'd like to mention that this is a beginners guide for players that are allready known to the basics of Ultima Online.

I will be adding to this in the future, so feel free to comment any advice to put in this essay.

Creating your character:

When you start in pandora, you will be given a LRC suit (90%) and a skill ball for 3 skills at 75.
Do not choose any skills that don't require much efford with your skill balls.

Some skills that may be chosen:
-Animal Taming (hard to train, takes long)
-Poisoning (if your pvp orientated this is a good choice)
-Inscription (same)
-Provocation

Some skills that might look good but are not a good choice to begin with:
-Magery (easaly gained with LRC suit)
-Resisting spells (Cast weaken on yourself untill gm takes about 2 hours)
-weapon skills (can be trained on training elementals in an hour or two)

First steps:

As soon as you enter the game set your skills and equip your LRC suit.
Important things to start with: West of you you find 5 voting stones, vote and gain a bit of gold and Pandora coins (can be used to buy special items when you have enough). This starting gold is enough to get you started on your way.

Next step is to walk up to the Moongate (south east IN the same room) and goto: New Pandorian Citizens -> Training elementals.

Training up:

Time to train up! You have just entered the training area, in this place you can find training elementals that dont hit back, a donation box wich can be opened by new players for some starting equipment. IF the weapon you need to train is not in there you can walk to the house SOUTH of the training room to buy anything you need. Gargoyles need to hear to Luna bank (moongate-> Malas-> Luna) to find a Gargoyle Blacksmith for their weapons.

Don't leave this place untill atleast your Fighting skills are 100.0 and your magery skills.

Now what?

From here on its all up to you, you got your starting armor, decent skills, but what to do?

Fighting: Best place to start fighting is the Newby dungeon. All caged up and easy to handle. This will be a nice source of money and items to get you started too.

Training further: Try to obtain a book of Chivalry, necromancy and Bushido (can be bought around luna or at their normal ways) and train those up. will help a great lot in your adventures.

Crafting: The house south of the training room will have all your needs, for mining you'd best start in the brittain mines (north of brittain duh). This mine has its own forge, blacksmith, bank and miner guildmaster.

helpful links:
All in one skillguide

I'll be adding more to this later.

Points to be added:
-Money making for beginners
-Becoming familliar with the Pandora system
-Donation, Why? How? and When? and whats in it for you?

Please feel free to comment on this with idea's.

Best regards,
-OAN

Vortex

Good start, thank you!

Kreul

hi i'm new here i want to ask how can i level is there a level system ? how can i train dex str or change stats

zaxarus

You will find all important infos in our Wiki:
http://www.pandorauo.com/wiki/index.php

Also there are some new player guides that could be interesting for you. You find them in the Wiki under "New Player Guides"

To your questions:

1.) There is no level system per se. Although you can (and should) level your gear (armor, clothing, jewels, weapons, quivers, talisman). Every item has a certain amount of rune slots in the beginning. These are slots for imbued properties (check the Imbuing Guide in our Wiki too). If an item gains one level it also gains one more rune slots (so 1 slot per 1 level). These levels are called Tiers.
The experience points you gain by killing monsters apply to every item that is not Tier 5 (which is the maximum tier per item), they split up. You can gain tier xp by killing any monster, naturally you gain more xp while doing (champ) spawns.

2.) Of course you gain in stats and skills by using skills, fighting etc.

3.) In the beginning you have a stat ball. If you double click it you can readjust your stats (keep the total cap in mind). You should wait until you used all stat scrolls (see below) before you use the stat ball.

4.) There is no cap on Int, Dex, Str on Pandora. But there is still the total cap of 335 (refering to your base stats). With certain items and imbuing you can raise your base stats.
Keep in mind that there is no skill cap on Pandora, you can train and use every skill and max it. This means you might want to consider to prioritize your stats: Max strength and dex, then intelligence (you can gain mana via items and imbuing). You wanna have max hitpoints (no cap) and also dex/stamina for swing speed and bandage speed.

5.) You train your basic stats and skills by using skills and fight. There are training elementals in Insula to train certain skills and therefore your stats.
Intelligence: train magery
Strength: train wrestling or lumberjacking (also on training elementals) or swordsmanship
Dex: train fencing or archery

6.) There are powerscrolls to raise your skills above 100 up to 120 (eat scrolls in proper order: 105, 110, 115 and 120). You get powerscrolls from champions and their spawns.

7.) There are statscrolls to raise your base stats and reach the 335 total cap (after that you can raise them via items and imbuing, then use statball to readjust). They exist in this order: +10, +15, +20, +25, +30. Keep this all in mind when training. You can also adjust while training, using the up and down and lock arrows next to the stats in your status bar.

8.) With your [Young] status ingame you can also fight in the newbie dungeon (entrance is in Insula) and get some gold, items etc.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Kreul

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]