Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Power Scrolls and training

Started by rocktuff, August 13, 2013, 10:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxarus

If you go by chances the categories should not matter. Even if there was only one harvesting skill: If the chances are equal, then it has the same chance to drop as any other skill.

All math you made does not matter, simply because if you see the total of all possible scrolls, a category may not matter (or chances wouldn't be equal).

Hypothesis:
"The drop chances of each PS are equal."

Then it won't matter if there is a scroll in one or another category. The categories are categories. For chances, that's my THEORY, you should regard all scrolls for themselves.

If not, then the chances are not equal, because they are not the same then for each category. ;)

Don't get me wrong:

I understand the math you just did.

BUT:
Do not think in categories. Think for each single scroll. If the chances are equal (and that has been said here), then the chance for an Imbuing PS is the same as it is for a Mace Fighting PS.

May i give an example then:

1. Imbuing is in the category "Magic".

2. Magery is in the category "Magic".

How often did you get an Imbuing Scroll (doesn't matter how high) and how often did you get a Magery 120 PS?^^

--

Let's say you are right:

There are 10 different skills in the category "Trade Skills" and 12 in "Magic".

1. Why are Imbuing PS drops so rare then (see above)?

and, more important:

2. If the difference between "Trade Skills" and "Magic" is only 2, why do i get Magery PS all the time (including 120's!) but no Fletching 105?^^

There are 11 skills in "Combat" and 10 in "Trade Skills":

Why do i get a Healing PS at almost every champ then, and in 5 of 10 times even 120, but no trade skill PS?

There are only 4 (!!) skills in the category "Bard", but there are 10 in "Trade Skills":

So why do i get a Discordance, Provocation almost every time, why do i get Musicianship in 9 out of 10 champs, but no trade skill PS?

So where is the error then?

Please?

Tys

"My name is my name."

Silas DroSakhar

I'm only going by what Vorspire has told us.  With that number of skills, and that number of scrolls, each scroll has an individual .5% chance of dropping.  Now, if there is something else being figured into that equation, maybe that changes things.

The fact that some people are getting some of these drops, though, attests to the fact that they ARE dropping, albeit too slowly for some folks' tastes.

I can't account for the reason magery 120 drops often and Imbue does not.  I can only calculate using the given parameters.  And, given the fact Vorspire has said it is working correctly, I would assume he's checked it and is satisfied with how it is running, so our debating it here isn't going to change much.   ;)
Build a man a fire, and you warm him for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

sebastian

%5 drop crafting scroll champions ? ohhh  ohhh noooo  :o

rocktuff

Funniest thing happened to me last night after tons of bitching I got a 105 and 110 lumberjack during my first champ of the day even though I need 120 now atleast I saw a drop...
Long Live John Elway

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]