Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

UOSteam graphic issues

Started by Scarletlace, January 05, 2015, 05:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarletlace

I have been playing Pandora using Razor for some time without issues however, my guild all uses Steam.  Has they are teaching me, they keep referring to settings Razor doesn't have so I downloaded it.  When I run the game in Steam everything is tiny,. very very tiny. Yes, we managed to get my playscreen enlarged but my backpack, journal etc are all still way to small. I changed the settings in the Exe files to run more compatible with Windows XP Service pack 2,.. didn't help. Changed the resolution on my main computer.( and laptop) doesn't help.  Anyone have other things I can try??  My PC and Laptop are both running Windows 8.

GM NollKoll

Hmm first time ive heard about that?.. What resolution do you have on your desktop? I had no idea that razor made EVERYTHING bigger? Could you send a printscreen to me?
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

zaxarus

If the default setting in Steam is the same as the client setting this shouldn't happen at all.

Client:
Full Screen: 1024 x 768
Gameplay: 800 x 600

Steam: 800 x 600 (do not resize)

The desktop resolution has nothing to do with the game resolution as long as you're not trying to build a macro to get paperdolls and healthbars with steam.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Scarletlace

Ingame RAZOR. Notice that the bags and paperdoll etc are much larger/Closer up.

Desktop Computer resolution is 1820x1080 (recommended) running Windows8

Scarletlace

VS Steam with game window at 1400x950

Scarletlace

Steam with Client and Steam screen at 800x600,..even worse. Game screen is less than half the size of my monitor.

zaxarus

I am using Windows 7, with the settings i posted in my first reply - working well.

What you are describing could be an issue caused by installing an old game on a 64 bit system. Try to reinstall UO and Steam / Razor, all as admin (so not only by changing properties after installing, do it also with the setup files -> run as admin).
Try if this helps.

Because normally this should not happen.

Tys

"My name is my name."

GM NollKoll

tbh it seems like razor just zooms everything.. With steam you actually get a larger gameplay window and larger range perception then razor. Well hope that Tys advice will help, since it was far too long ago i used razor
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman