Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Community Input, Have Your Say

Started by Voxpire, November 21, 2012, 08:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voxpire

We're looking for your community input for new content on Pandora!

But first, I have a suggestion myself which I would like you to discuss...

The item count on Pandora is getting quite high, a lot of this stuff is hoarded items, but some people just can't part with their spare dagger or longsword these days, so I'm going to target the second biggest cause of loose items by introducing a new command that allows you to sacrifice monster corpses using the trash system, meaning you will get tokens for removing these extra corpses.

All you have to do is use [Sac - any corpses in an 8 pace range will be checked and will be treated as a container by the trash system, processing all of the items.
Any items that can't be trashed, like bandages and gold, will be placed in your pack.
Only corpses that have been dead for at least 5 minutes, and you have full looting rights for, will be included in the sacrifice.

This is not set in stone, it's a suggestion based on the need to reduce our item count.

What makes the game more interesting for you?

Do you want more things like the fun throwable items?
The Stink Bombs, Haunted Momento, etc?

How about convenience items?
What do you find to be a great inconvenience when playing?
We're not looking for bug reports and such, more of things to do with reducing the amount of time you spend grinding something that just isn't fun?
Of course things like stat and skill training can't be changed, but maybe there's a way to make it more fun?
How about other small convenience items like the Broadcast Scrolls you can get?

Winter's coming and the Pandora Winterfest will be warming up soon, but the traders don't know what to sell, so they've asked me to do a market survey to find out what the most popular Ultima toys are this year. So, what do you suggest for Winterfest?

PvP Battles and PvP Coins.
We'd like to see the battles become one of the gems of Pandora, but safe PvP doesn't attract many eager heroes without rewards, sure you have PvP Coins, but the traders have not yet show face. I think it's high time we brought them in.
We want to offer pure PvP-based rewards, armor, weapons, potions, anything that you can thinkof that would both benefit PvP'ers and keep the balance.
We're looking for suggestions about full armor sets with bonuses, we'd like to find out what you deem the most important attributes that PvP armor and weapons can yield, while showing us what you think is more geared towards PvE/PvM.
The seasonal reward for the PvP battles, the Battle Necklace, will always be unique to each seasons' winner.

We also want to offer more battle scenarios, we currently have active Team-Death-Match and Free-For-All battles, but we'd like to extend that list to Capture-The-Flag, Bomberman, Counter-Strike, etc. Any kind of PvP scenario ideas are welcome!

If you have input on anything else, feel free to comment.
Don't comment about loot drops or rates, buffing or nerfing bosses or bugs - we'll cover that stuff another time, another place on these forums.

Thank you all for your continued support!

Alifanfaron

I'd advise caution when considering adding more armor and weapons. This will further damage a crafting economy that has already been weakened by Imbuing.
"Stop quoting things I never said"  -Maggdalena

Voxpire

Quote from: Alifanfaron on November 21, 2012, 08:58:13 PM
I'd advise caution when considering adding more armor and weapons. This will further damage a crafting economy that has already been weakened by Imbuing.

Why don't you suggest something that would then strengthen crafting and make it better? ;)

Horns Nigel

First and Foremost...AWESOME!!!
I really want to take the time to fully read your entire post and respond, but just wanted to comment about the trash idea now...

I have personally unloaded every chest in all 5 of my homes in the trash system, dumping every item that I could think of, I know others that have done the same.
Promoting the trash system in any way possible will be a plus to the shard for all obvious reasons.
I like the monster idea and the more items you can put for sale on the trash vendor I think will be a plus in recruiting more use of the trash system.....

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Jiggy

1} Statue maker for other people. Ex. a guild house can have the statues of its members in a hall or meeting room.

2} a chest or bag that u can assign people to access it like a vendor house can have a bag next to each vendor the owner of the vendor can access only.

3} a donation dungeon donate to gain access for unique mobs and loot.

4} a Auction system to action off items

5} More slasher pvm events. when was the last one?

6} make it easier to unravel items make a unravel container option

7} make a containers like the resource box for decor items like the stealable items bush's trees's ect ect

8} make a taming bod book there is probly millions of them things clogging up the server

9} make a embalming potion for donation house to make any corps in to a container ex. i can have a stuffed peerless i killed or DF thats a container make it heavy

10}make some realy cool stealables that can show up any were no spacific spot

here is 10 for now i can go on for ever lol

Alifanfaron

Quote from: Vorspire on November 21, 2012, 08:59:26 PM
Why don't you suggest something that would then strengthen crafting and make it better? ;)

Well, my suggestion wouldn't really be feasible at this point, but the market for runic tools and player-crafted gear was much better when Imbuing had a chance to break your items. I can't recommend going back to that system though because it wouldn't be fair to any new players.

Maybe give the very high end runic tools an extremely small chance to produce something with one property over cap? Even if the chances of doing so were maddeningly rare, it would certainly change things a lot. Of course, I don't even know if that's possible. After all, you're the brains here, I'm just the looks :P

Alifanfaron

Quote from: Jiggy on November 21, 2012, 09:16:00 PM
4} a Auction system to action off items

We had one back when Pandora was young, and it was great. Unfortunately, some bad apples exploited it and tried to cheat others, so it was axed. Would love to find a way to have that system again though, it was a lot of fun.

Jiggy

just make no containers or make it able to open bags before u buy them what were the exploits maybe we can find a way to axe them

xcalibre

Quote from: Vorspire on November 21, 2012, 08:39:24 PM
What makes the game more interesting for you?

#1 - We need more players : You can introduce something similar than trash system but for voting system.  More you vote, best is the reward.

Champions attracts players.    So I think your need to make easiest champion
Easier they will, more players will start making PVM. If there are several players will do PVM again you will see PVP raid. In exchange you could reduce the number of PowerScroll received and reduce the resources received per champion.

#2 - It might be fun to bring pet battles.  But for this, we need more kind of pet.

#3 - We need more PVM event : Slasher 1x per month? Objects received (Deco) may have a particular color. All on a 12-month period ..

#4 - PVP : Cities of Luna, britain, moonglow may belong a PVP groups. Thereafter there could be a system of "Capture-The-Flag" that could be introduced. At the end of the month, the city PVP Team, would keep the flag the longest is the winner of a prize. That should be fun people protecting there city from other group of PVP players ;)

d35tr0y

Here is a thought maybe a guild robe set with possibly a guild emblem on it or maybe like a 2 tone color. Have it set to where each guild needs a minimum of 15 people or possibly a small donation to qualify for the robe set. Possibly have a tool made to where the guild leader can craft the specific robes. just a thought on a guild type of item. Could also make the robe say the guild name u are in like Lost Souls something along those lines.
Founder of Lost Souls (soul)

Thaggis

Well, one thing to reduce the junk could be to have a turn in for imbue mats, similar to the powerscroll one, theres a ton of imbue mats that are totally useless out there (who ever uses essence of feeling, crushed glass, balanced scales etc..)

The same could be done for major ToTs, allow for them to be used as minors when turning in.. i wonder how many chinese sea kasa's are sitting around in bank boxes??

Or have something like the library turn in for these, make the useless items useful so that they get consumed instead of just sitting around in banks.

Another way to reduce junk would be to reduce the time it takes for houses to fall, i do a lot of idocs and at the moment it takes about a month from the time it starts to decay to fall, and the vast majority have THOUSANDS (litterally) of junk items, dyes, useless weapons/armor. If these houses were changed to 2 weeks to decay for example then it would seriously reduce our item count. (not to mention the 100's of inactive ageless houses out there)

Also, with the trash system.. the rewards arent exactly great.. perhaps we could introduce some rewards for everyone into it, such as collectable bells (like the christmas bells on OSI years ago) even imbuing mats but make them a high price in tokens

Diana

Reduce item count - Encourage good habits by giving freely to new players:
A power scroll book
Bod books for smithing and tailoring
Map book and if possible, develop taming bod books and SOS map books. 
Give each new player two iron beetles and explain these are storage pets that you expect them to use to minimise item count.
Tell players they must use the [grab facility to remove corpses, so many players on Pandora leave their kills lying around.
Do a regular sweep to remove bowls of hard dirt.

Mrs Soul

I think PvM coins would keep a lot of the players interested in spawns and events. Maybe have deco items or weapons with certain stats when you turn them in similar to pvp coins.

Daemona

What interested me about uo back in the day was the camaraderie.  A good bunch of guildmates was crucial to success.  I remember hunting in dungeons and a team of reds come in and start wasting everyone. You call out for help to your guild and they come charging in to the rescue. It was great.
     I think guilds should have more reward and more risk.  Risk so far as you must choose a faction.  Forgive me if I have no idea how hard my ideas are to implement because I really have no idea  :) but for reward, i would love to see different cities or territory be able to be claimed and held by guilds. Maybe statues or something throughout the towns that can be attacked? If you do enough damage to them, you claim them.  Claim all of a cities statues/monuments and your guild lays claim to that city.  Advantages to claiming a city could maybe be discounted goods.  Or maybe more effective spells while fighting in a city or territory you control such as a bump in damage.

Another reward could perhaps be increased power of beneficial spells cast on guildmates.  Maybe if Greater heal does 30 for yourself, it could heal 40 on a guildmate to encourage teamwork in battles and group pvm? 

There are of course those players who want no risk in UO at all and never leave trammel and they could still enjoy thiis lifestyle while unguilded but if they wanted the benefit that guilds offer, they must sign on for some risk. 

One idea I think i read was on adding the [grab command onto the trash system.  Maybe we can reward guilds further with this function so as they gain points for their guild which can have value to the group if certain tiers are reached.  These points should decay over time, but a guild that is going out and collectively ridding the land of all sorts of horrible monsters should have some tier or goal they can collectively reach for some reward while maintaining that tier.  Fellucia monsters should be double points to once again reward risk.  This would give daily purpose to PVM guilds, not just gathering of personal resources and gold.  It would hopefully bring back group hunts with defenders watching for raids and such.

Gosh, just talking about this stuff makes me excited.  Hope you like my ideas.  Happy turkey day all.   :-*

Daemona

After giving it more thought, I'm going to concede my idea of all guilds having to join a faction.  I accept that that is too scary for many folks.  Everyone should have access to a guild just for easy communication with guildmates.  I think that the rewards I mentioned should only be available to factioned guilds. (being able to claim a territory, increased spell damaged in owned territory, increased beneficial spells to guildmates.) 

Non faction pvm guilds can still exist in their bubble free of all danger but I still think a tiered point reward system for guild pvm would be great and higher payout for feluccia monsters might encourage the weary to get their feet wet once in a while. that is all.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman