Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 43 - January 10th, 2013

Started by King Kong, January 10, 2013, 10:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mercathane

Also on a side note I was only getting pvp coins from daily pvp today..not any [battles despite winning once.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Thatperson

I have to say i think that NO coins except voting tokens and pbucks should be blessed. it was the only thing in your pack left to lose. i have absolutely no reason to go back to my corpse. just a thought

TheGrimReaper

Ofc you don't have to go, just use corpse stone.

Thatperson

wouldnt need to, my corpse is completely empty :) thats the point, death has no consequence. I wonder to myself, what do pandorian thieves steal?? muffins?

Mercathane

Guess u could put your blessed bag in the bank and risk it.  Lol
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

King Kong

Quote from: Mercathane on January 11, 2013, 03:54:03 AM
Also on a side note I was only getting pvp coins from daily pvp today..not any [battles despite winning once.

Fixed. Sorry. Forgot to turn it on.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Saturn

Quote from: Johana on January 10, 2013, 08:59:04 PM
Peeps are going to hate me for this:
I think 5% chance drop rate for 120 power scrolls is really high (too high).  Sorry guys.  Might I make a suggestion on introducing scroll binders back into the game.  That way the players can save and trade 115 to make a 120.  It has the added benefit of eating up extra 115 power scrolls from the shard and or lesser ones too.
Again don't hate me for this guys but I'm just trying to point out an alternative to increasing drop rates (5% is crazy high).

5% drop rate is high, but when you consider the fact that they haven't been dropping in ages, the 5% seems like a drop in the bucket. I'm not quite sure what your concern is with the rate increase. As it stands, 115s aren't all that easy to come around either, so to be re-introduce binders would not only change the flow of 120s but also dynamically change the market of 115s so that only the already established players even have a shot at them. So it would largely create a field where newer players can only attain 110 skill level without monotonous strain.
Also, at 5% drop rate, you would need to do 100champs (solo) to get 5 120s. There are 58skills in uo, thats not even 10% of those skills. Even if an over ambitious Player decided to chain them at 30min a spawn, that would take 13.54 consecutive days (325hrs) of non stop champing to get all 120 skills. (obviously there are some you dont need, or can get elsewhere, but still!).
Also, with the new drop rates, more people will be doing champs, which increase the pvp field that so many players crave.
By camping/chainning a champ like you said, you already have shown that the increase drop rate is a beneficial thing. You have also created a field where pvp is more likely, and a potential increase in the market for scrolls.
Not to mention the chance for players to better their characters, and reconsider their view on pvp and willingness to venture into pvp areas. This game is about more than who gets what. We have to consider the entirety of the server, including its market, its potential for players to maintain interest, and dynamic between new and seasoned players.

...So, yes, i am very pleased with Kons decision to increase drop rates and think it is one that is good for the shard...Side note; I already have most of my skills at 120, so my view on the 120 drop rates is not bias on the fact that i need them.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

TheGrimReaper

I'm just wondering how much will the first 100, 120's cost as they will be dropping well soon so people are trying to take all they can get. :D Ohhh boy... Since i remember when the new Pandorian Pirate hate came, and the Heart Of the Lion, Polar Bear mask. The first Polar bear mask was sold for 15mill if i remember right. ;)

Saturn

Yeah your right! I remember those damn polar bear mask being so expensive at first!!
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

dollpartz

Quote from: Thatperson on January 11, 2013, 06:59:47 AM
I have to say i think that NO coins except voting tokens and pbucks should be blessed. it was the only thing in your pack left to lose. i have absolutely no reason to go back to my corpse. just a thought

agreed, and I also think those gold token things should be cursed too.

any news on expanding voting coin rewards? I asked in game and somebody directed me to the forums and the only thread I could find regarding them was this one =/

Horns Nigel

Any news on expanding trash rewards as well?......Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

King Kong

Quote from: dollpartz on January 13, 2013, 02:43:09 AM
Quote from: Thatperson on January 11, 2013, 06:59:47 AM

agreed, and I also think those gold token things should be cursed too.

any news on expanding voting coin rewards? I asked in game and somebody directed me to the forums and the only thread I could find regarding them was this one =/

hehe please read the update.

Voting Token rewards will be expanded soon enough. See stone in Insula.

Don't worry nobody will be able to buy anything for a bit anyways :P

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Gray

Thank you for the new voting system :) I have checked out the vendor..and you are right...at least I will not be buying anything in the near, near future..but something to work towards :)

Again, Thanks!
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people that annoy me.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman