Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 44 - Feb. 3rd, 2013

Started by King Kong, February 03, 2013, 10:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voxpire

Unless you'd rather have us just make the excess resources disappear into thin air, yes it makes perfect sense.

zaxarus

A while ago you wanted to clean the shard from unused resources or too many resources not storaged in resource boxes. Now i am not able to put new resources into the box if i've got more than 100 k of those. So i will storage my stuff in hundreds of boxes instead.
This is how it should be?
So i hope you will make the resource box with only 10 k storage per resource cheaper for new players?
Tys

"My name is my name."

d35tr0y

So do we get to have our resource boxes look like the new ones  :D I hope lol not a worry if not. As far as the new menu goes imo I acctually like it alot change is sometimes a good thing I do agree the menu is a bit funky not being able to manage what type of resource but at the least it does have a filter for ease of access. All in all thank you kon and Vor for all the hard work and dedication you have showed over the years and many more to come.
Founder of Lost Souls (soul)

Falada

Please explain to me how the filter works. Cause it seems it does not work for me.

Example:
Options -> Filter -> Gems --> I still got the menu unchanged.
greets Fala

Voxpire

At the end of the day, anything in this game, donation or not, is subject to change at our discretion.
We're sorry we can't please everyone, we do try.

Full refunds are being offered to those who want one for their resource box, so long as they return it empty.

Feel free to store it all in chests, we're not worried about the item count any more, we have a memory management module running that takes care of the excess used memory.

The main reason we've added the upgrade option to the resource boxes is because we're trying to drive donations, although you can still upgrade the resource box with trash tokens (see the Trash Collection vendor in Luna)

I personally hate the whole donation thing, if we could afford it, we wouldn't even bother with donations, but the server bill on a monthly basis is huge and we usually end up paying for it out of our own pockets.

We're considering offering upgrade tokens in exchange for gold too, so people can upgrade their resource boxes freely.

We are going to give you a choice of different gumps to use on your resource box, one of them will be the old style gump that you've become accustomed to.

All we ask is for your support and suggestions, we're willing to compromise on things to try and keep everyone happy, but that becomes difficult when people approach us in such negative tones. Positive constructive criticism is what we're looking for, not complaints and such.

Voxpire

Falada, it should show only Gems if Gems is the only thing highlighted on the filter menu.

(I'm going to move the filter menu to the main page, like the last gump)

Mercathane

I think that all sounds reasonable Vorspire.  I know the vast majority of us truly appreciate the work and time Kon and yourself put into the shard. 

Players, lets also all remember that typing something out that has any sort of emotion behind it can become completely misconstrued.  It simply doesn't translate..most times makes you look like a jerk.

All..On the other side of that as you read keep the above in the back of your head and if the guy/gal isn't usually a dbag..give him the benefit of the doubt.  Most the people on the shard are adults, lets act like adults..not a bunch of e-commandos.

This sucks, this is broke, etc.  in a post does not help the Devs,and looks like whining..or b****ing.  Having a high post count is #1 to some but trust me if you want to be heard you have to back up what you say and what you think. So if you think something sucks that's ok..but why does it suck, what is actually wrong, and maybe an idea for a fix make your time typing it all out all the more worth it for not just yourself and the Devs but the community as a whole.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Voxpire

+1 Mercathane

I do try to read every complaint and put myself in the player's shoes, there are times when someone is upset and there's a perfectly valid reason for it that I concede to.

In the case of resource boxes, I can understand the negative reaction, big changes in such short time can confuse people, put them out of their comfort zones or even sometimes scare them which is usually backed by aggression or cynicism, I get that.
This is why I'm happy to compromise with those who are upset - but those people also have to understand and respect the fact that whatever compromise we come to, affects everyone else in the same position - and they might be happy with the changes.
Further changes could make one half happy and upset the other half, it's pretty much like flipping a double-headed coin and calling tails on it.

I must admit though, I didn't take into count that people would really have more than 100,000 of any resource, I guess it's been a long time since I've played and it looks like resources are far more easy to get now, than they were back then. Granted if I knew that some resource boxes actually had 999,999 of any resource, I probably would have left the cap at 1,000,000 because my perspective on the resource economy would havebeen sufficiently shifted in order to make the correct calculation.

-The compromise currently is that we have given all current resource boxes an initial limit of 100,000 PER resource.
-Any new resource boxes will have an initial limit of 10,000 PER resource.
-Upgrades can also be done using Upgrade Tokens, which can be bought on a Trash Vendor (Luna), which gives the alternative to donating for upgrades.
-We're considering offering upgrade tokens for Gold coins, too.

In theory, with the trash system's daily limit of 1,000 tokens, you can increase your resource box maximum storage by 1,000 PER day, if you did this for a full 365 days, that's +365,000 added maximum storage (approx $365 worth in donations).
We did this because we want people to have to spend some time earning things, we don't want everything to just be given out right away, then be forgotten or become a trivial thing within the first week, leaving people begging for new content.
We focus on the long-term more than the short-term.

Mercathane

I just logged on this afternoon and went to check out the resource box.  The filter button makes a tremendous difference.  If the option is given to make that filter page the main page..imo MOST people would be more than happy.  One thing i did notice and am unaware if i can personally change it is that while i can read the green the "material" is listed in..the "quantity" at least for me is a hard to read dark green. 
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Voxpire

I'll make the color a lighter green :)

It's supposed to interpolate between green, yellow and red as you increase towards the cap.
Currently it only interpolates between green and yellow (the math is a little off)

If anyone would like to grab a copy of Gump Studio ( http://www.gumpstudio.com/ ) and start designing interfaces, I will be more than happy to check them out and use them! Just upload your .gump saves or email them to admin@vita-nex.com

Horns Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Horns Nigel

Just out of curiosty how much are the new garden sheds and can they be placed outdoors by your home or inside the courtyard of a castle?........Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

xcalibre

Quote from: Vorspire on February 04, 2013, 10:34:34 AM
We are going to give you a choice of different gumps to use on your resource box, one of them will be the old style gump that you've become accustomed to.

Thanks ;)

Dr. Kevorkian

One subject nobody seems to touch on is the voting per IP. I have 2 accounts and my wife has 1 account. We share the same IP. Does this mean if I vote, she can't because we share the same IP?

xcalibre

Quote from: Dr. Kevorkian on February 04, 2013, 05:34:37 PM
One subject nobody seems to touch on is the voting per IP. I have 2 accounts and my wife has 1 account. We share the same IP. Does this mean if I vote, she can't because we share the same IP?

Dr. Kevorkian : Anyway if you vote with the same IP your vote is not count on voting web site..  So that make sens no ?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman