Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 46 - Hot Patch

Started by King Kong, March 17, 2013, 02:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxarus

Quote from: Vorspire on March 22, 2013, 11:34:48 AM
Your trade skills depend on materials. I don't think everyone with 100 in all skills is gonna always have a giant hoard of every resource available, or am I wrong?

Crafting update tonight, I will be shouting for people to test beforehand.

To the materials: That's right, i forgot that.^^

To the update: refering to imbuing? ^^
Tys

"My name is my name."

Beryl

Gray,
I completely understand where you are coming from, I am also primarily a crafter (although I do love PVM to keep my blood moving) but....most people do not want to spend the time it takes to gather the materials and then craft them and then put them on a vendor. It takes a lot of work! So I really believe that regardless of all skills being gm, most people just want to fight or hang out and yak with friends or whatever it is they do. I still buy carpentry items - I know I can make them but I find chopping wood excrutiating and I just don't want to.
So you are not only still needed but very much wanted too!!!
WHAT is THAT???

Voxpire

Yes, you will be able to create Imbuing Runes Stones that contain the properties you can imbue.
You will be able to use the Runes on items to apply the properties.
The only time you need Imbuing skill is when you craft the runes, applying them doesn't require any skill (unless it's a very unique rune)

Imbuers will be able to create the runes and trade them, you won't have to pass on an armor part to a trader and hope they give you it back (and your fee).

Horns Nigel

That sounds outstanding Vor,  next patch?.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

zaxarus

Quote from: Vorspire on March 22, 2013, 01:38:00 PM
Yes, you will be able to create Imbuing Runes Stones that contain the properties you can imbue.
You will be able to use the Runes on items to apply the properties.
The only time you need Imbuing skill is when you craft the runes, applying them doesn't require any skill (unless it's a very unique rune)

Imbuers will be able to create the runes and trade them, you won't have to pass on an armor part to a trader and hope they give you it back (and your fee).

Genius. And property counting...?
Tys

"My name is my name."

Voxpire

This is pretty much a new imbuing system and will be a lot more lenient when it comes to penalties and imbuing equipment.

Total counts and weights have been improved to allow for more props to be imbued on items.

I've also factored in imbuing for Talismans.

Items will give you direct feedback (via the hover-props) on your current equip rating (aka weight/intensity), rune slots and how many times the item has been imbued.

The amount of times an item can be imbued has been substantially increased - you can imbue an armor piece up to 100 times.

You can either max out the rune count, or max out the weight - whichever first.

And yes - next patch - later tonight - will open a test for people to come help debug it all :)

The imbuing re-write also prompted me to re-write the item craft gump (the one that shows resources etc) - it's had a total overhaul and will give you all the feedback you require to make your crafting decision.

Horns Nigel

Nice Vor, please let me know how to log on to test site, I will make every attempt to help out this time....Nigel

Thatperson

This is what ive been waiting for :D
*rubs hands*

Dwarvey

Would it be wrong for me to say Vor's news just made me get squishy?

Lookin forward to trying this stuff out.

Horns Nigel

jamisoncrzy

I have been thinking about returning to this shard lately. I have a done a ton a shard hopping lately and this one is the only one im really attracted to. I logged in to find all my currency is gone from bank... So that kinda pushed me away. But then I read this thread. These updates sound awesome, but now I have no money to test anything out. The server population is still pretty low. there was only 14 people online the other night when I logged in.

What can we do to bring in new players, and vets that have left?
Have you guys thought of returning some things to normal?
Ore/Wood respawn rates? Before I left a few months ago it took hours for those to respawn. I guess I could understand why. (to many resources in game) Thing is theres so many resources stuck in the houses of players that no longer play.
Have you guys thought about modifying the IDOC system to start letting some old houses fall?

And will a GM ever contact me about me issue I said above? With my currency missing?
I posted a thread and also wrote a ticket in game. But no reply.
Or is it just gone?

Horns Nigel

PM me in game, we will hook you up, great to have you back....Nigel

Saturn

I agree with Gray on the 100skill ball thing. I really enjoyed gaining my skills, and it gave me a sense of accomplishment to gm them all. After i worked up all my skills, i felt a little to committed to the shard with all that time i invested to go anywhere else...

Also, I'll hop the test shard when i get home tonight. I think the address/port is saved onto my razor, but could you re-post it in case im wrong. Thanks.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Saturn

Quote from: jamisoncrzy on March 22, 2013, 04:52:14 PM
What can we do to bring in new players, and vets that have left?
Have you guys thought of returning some things to normal?
Ore/Wood respawn rates? Before I left a few months ago it took hours for those to respawn. I guess I could understand why. (to many resources in game) Thing is theres so many resources stuck in the houses of players that no longer play.
Have you guys thought about modifying the IDOC system to start letting some old houses fall?

1) There is now a suggestion board on the forums if you had anything you'd like to see returned to Pandora. I feel as if the admins take notice of it when putting in updates.
2)Ore spawn seems to me as normal rate, but the wood rates are still a pain.
3) IDOC is back. There are NO ageless houses anymore. All houses go into decay after 30days, and collapse after 7days or so.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Voxpire

Yea, and 30 days from the date of the patch when we changed the decay for housing, any abandoned houses will start the 7 day IDOC process - my guess is there are a few houses that will go on the same day.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman