Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

King of the Hill (PvP) - *starts ~6pm EST - thursday 6th

Started by GM NollKoll, September 08, 2016, 08:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

forgot to update:
Big gratz to Team Chicken, but also avenging angel, johana and winter for being runner ups!
Hopefully next one will be a bit better!

**Another update**
Hard coded some bits of the event, should run ALOT smoother now.
The levers will be active for roughly 15-20 seconds, before turning off again, and will take 0-5 seconds before it "kicks" in.. Just to reduce lag furthur.

Have fun!

**Update!**
Ok, managed to get all stuff running, might need some finishing touch tomorrow (gotta hit the bed)
Basicly, i made it start at 6pm EST give or take, if my timer works, there will be hourly warnings, and then after, there will be warnings every 15min, and 5min in advance (before points being taken), so 45,30,15,5 minute warning.

The hill: as shown in the picture, the aztec looking temple
lever 1: the fountain area near the hill
lever 2: the large area to the east of the "hill"
lever 3: South, South, South West of lever 2. (like 3-4 screens south, 1,5 screens west of lever 2)

Be in the main room at the top, inside the doorways when the timer reaches 0, bam, you get a point..
Wonder how much points after a long night fighting? Find the event npc, north of the luna bank gate! Stand near him and he will tell you how much points you got!

The levers will drain hits/stam/mana depending on lever, and how much points the player got, and the drain will affect everyone around the hill aswell, not only those in the little room ontop. (Do notice,  its no use to use them in the beginning, the drain in the beginning is quite weak, and if u got 0 points,  there will be no drain)

I will be checking teams and such, my reward idea is still legit i think, 6-10 decos total for the winners, plus a possible other goodie (decos can be choosen by the leader, and distributed among the team fairly)
(and less for the others)

Do not want to see Team A and Team B fighting togheter, and helping each other out, then at the end, they say they are 2 teams. So Team B can get second price... I will (and hopeuflly with help of king kong, get to know whos with who, so dont try!)

Feel free to spare me some time, and send me a pm on forums, or on discord, regarding who your teaming up with!

Ok, something new for you all.
Have been testing out some stuff, and managed to get it going pretty well.

Summary of event:
(Event will be taking place in a small area of Eoden, where i held my last years halloween event, for those that was there)

Every 30 or 60 minutes, a warning broadcast will be .. well.. broadcasted..  Saying you got X minutes left, until points are given.
During that time, a team, or a guild, or a solo player(s) will need to stand ontop of temple, in the 9x9 room ontop of that temple. (And you need to be alive to get the points). When the timer reaches zero, everyone ontop will recieve a point.

Possible side tasks: 1-4 Levers will be located somewhat nearby, guarded by a monster or monsters.  Pulling the 2-way lever will apply negative effects ontop or ontop+near the temple. Could be constantly poisoned every 3-10 seconds, or mana/stamina draining effects. This could open up some more tactics, both for attackers and defenders.

Main area around the temple, will have a zone that makes everyone grey, and killing some of the more powerful donation pets (including doni pets that resses)
And around the lever areas, a zone that makes everyone grey, and possible even the pet deal there aswell.

Unsure how i will give out the reward, due to it being a guild or team or possible solo pvp event, depending on players choise. (Since you wont get a point if your guarding a lever).
Possible reward outcome is that first place got 10 Deco pieces, and will be evenly distrubited to the winning team, where the player having the most points wins, so not an accumulated win.
(To make it fair that, a team having a leader, taking the points, while the others are securing the leaders position AND controlling the lever areas.)

Feel free to give feedback for the whole event as per, and if the lever things are something that i should include, and how the reward could possibly be best given out.

a pic will be included, for those that want to scout the area in advance.

The event will run for the whole weekend, if i manage to get it going by then..  or for 2-3 days, depending on when i start it
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

GM NollKoll

Ok, even will be postponed a bit.. kon decided t o do a pvp event this weekend, so i let him do it, since im dead tired.. so the event will possibly be in 3 weeks.. 3 weeks you ask?

Well going to turkey in vacation next thursday, for a week.. since i wont be home thursday the week after, unsure when i get home there.. but yea, most likely 3 weeks..

But for the event, now you got more time to prepare!

Thinking of keeping the levers, which will emit "auras" near and ontop of the temple. Think i figured out a way to drain hits/stam/mana depending on how much points the players have.. So it will be sort of an equalizing drain, the best will have the toughest time.
But..

Empati

seems great pvp event coming ;)i like pvp alvvays lets get some more fun! thy

GM NollKoll

But..

GM NollKoll

will disable the levers until king kong tells me if its those or not (could cause the crash, even if they are deactivated? who knows)

Wont do much now anyway, since the drain wont be that big anyway
But..

King Kong

Paused the event has it was creating intense lag on shard. Will talk to Noll when he's on and report back.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

GM NollKoll

But..

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman