Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 27.0 - 10/23/2011

Started by King Kong, October 23, 2011, 06:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

10/23/2011

This patch is focused on a number of things that will over all be better for the shard in the long run. Some things you might not care for, but there is for sure something in here for everyone. It's a pretty nice patch.

***PATCH 27 - PANDORIAN WAR & MALAS / DOOM PATCH / ECONOMY ***

***Pandorian War, Malas & The Guantlet

- the facet 'Malas' now is Trammel rule set to allow all types of players to use the hunting grounds and bring back PvM in a big way. This includes the dungeons, but not limited too, Doom, Guantlet, Fan Dancer Dojo, Yotumino Mines, Outside Luna, anywhere in Malas, etc. You cannot be attacked in those dungeons or lands by a player or anywhere in the facet.
- Guantlet now has a chance to drop new artifacts, called "Pandorian War". Like the [Pandora Doom] tag they will have the [Pandorian War] tag. These new artifacts are just like the Pandora Doom ones but they are Imbuable. The Pandora Doom Artifacts still have a chance to drop randomly inside Guantlet, along with the Pandorian War ones. 1 is not harder to get than the other, it is totally random.
  If you get a Pandora Doom one instead of a Pandorian War, you can keep it or smelt it for a relic etc. (All Guantlet artifacts are effected by this except for clothing ones.
- Along with all of the Pandora Doom Artifacts, the Pandorian War Artifacts, Gargoyle's now have the Pandorian War Imbuable Artifacts also. They have the same random chance for it to be Gargish or not. If you get one, and your not a Gargoyle, you can sell it to a Gargoyle or smelt it too a relic.
  So bottom line, when you are killing things in guantlet, when you get an artifact, it will randomly choose (even chances) of a Pandora Doom one, Pandorian War one, or a Gargish Pandorian War one. There are a total of 95 different Artifacts that can pop in your back while hunting in Guantlet. Including 30+ Gargoyle ones.
- All Pandorian War (Gargish included) will be Artifact level 15.
- All Pandorian War Artifacts will be Volcanic in color. (Now keep in mind, this is a dark color, might be hard to see in pack. So pay attention for the notification in the corner of your screen when it says you got an artifact! It will automatically go in your pack. Make sure to insure it!)
- Some Guantlet Artifacts have Self Repair on them. If so they are made from bone, so that's how you repair them. (Spirit of Totem, Ornate, Hat of Magi, etc)
- The new Gagroyle artifacts will be displayed in Artifact room, via moongate on 2nd floor of Insula bank soon. The Human/Elf ones are the same as they are now but all imbuable.
- There are several new Gargoyle artifacts in addition to the classic ones inside Guantlet.
- So Monsters in Guantlet have a chance to drop 100+ different artifacts.

***Tweaks & Economy

- You will no longer be able to sell food created from 'Create Food Spell' to vendors.
- You will no longer get Apples from 'Create Food Spell'. (This is to prevent massive macro of items for Enchanted Apples)
- Mana Potions will give you more mana when drank.
- Instead of putting a timer of Cure Potions, they will just have a less of a chance to cure you depending on the intensity of the poison.
- Good Luck Deeds, when bought will be unmovable. It will go in your backpack and it will be bound to that char inside the backpack until you use it.
- Sea Horses are no longer immortal, you will have to retame/rebond one. All will be deleted shortly. They will still res you even if they die. This will prevent them from cluttering the server if the owner disbanded them.
- You will Mine slightly longer when hacking away at the cave. Also the mountains will not respawn ore as fast.
- You will not get as much wood from one tree as before when Lumberjacking. Also the respawn rate of the logs is a bit slower.
- The Walking Dead have been greatly weakend from the month long war! Their economy is low! Some only have 10 Hit Points! Also the chance to get a Halloween Artifact has increased!
- You will have a better chance of getting powerscrolls that seemed to never drop for you before.
- Gargoyle Mystic Vendor sells Sea Moss again.
- Dark Father & the other mobs in Guantlet have a bit more hit points, but same toughness.
- Fishing casting time is a tad slower.

***Housing

- Small Classic Houses are only 20k now.
- Smallest custom plot is only 5k now. Refer to it as an apartment.(7x7 - 2 Story) (This will allow all new players a place to put their stuff)
- The rest of the Classic Houses & Custom Plots will be much more expensive on the House Placment Tool now. There is many houses in Pandora, and I believe to own a nice home it should take work and savings. The biggest house, Castle, will be 6 million gold. This will
  not only be great for economy for a gold sink, but also will create a housing economy in the long run. Houses now have much better value. So if you own a house, you just made money. This might take time to get used too, but new players will be able to buy a small house just voting for
  2 days on the voting stones. If you want a big house, you will have to work for it. All current House Placment Tools will be deleted. Please visit the architect to buy a new one.
- The House Placement Tool now looks like a mini house and now costs 25k. It is reusable and you will have it for life.

***Mysticism Updates

- 'Bombard' the Mysticism spell does a heck of a lot of damage, but also costs a lot of mana. It's more of a "end it" spell if you still have the mana left. We will try it out. It will also knock the victim back, making them stumble a bit. (please PM me and let me know your thoughts)
- 'Nether Bolt' the Mysticism spell does nice damage and costs more mana then before.
- 'Eagle Strike' the Mysticism spell does nice damage and costs more mana than before.
- 'Animated Weapon' the Mysticism spell is your new best summoner tank. Coming in at 1000 hp, 1 pet slot, and very high resists. He is the perfect partner to take all the damage for you. Need at lest 55 Mystic to cast him! Once your finished use the spell Dispell to get rid of him! (Make sure!)

***WIKI

- Thanks to our player OAN, the Pandora Wiki is updated even more!
- There is also a full Imbuing guide on there, with screenshots and all from the help of Michael Dean & OAN.

** On a side note, some new battles and CTF testing starts this week for patch 28.

- Your King, Kon

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

OAN

All good, one thing though.. do you have to melt the artifacts or unravel them? (you wrote melting). just making sure.

Other then that, very nice that PvM gets a boost. Will be looking forward to this one:)

Great update once again.

King Kong

Quote from: "OAN"All good, one thing though.. do you have to melt the artifacts or unravel them? (you wrote melting). just making sure.

Other then that, very nice that PvM gets a boost. Will be looking forward to this one:)

Great update once again.

LOL Melt, Smelt - same thing :)

keglevich

Sounds like an awesome patch. I can't find a thing wrong with it.

King Kong

Quote from: "keglevich"Sounds like an awesome patch. I can't find a thing wrong with it.

Thank you for the kind words.

Worked really hard on it, put a lot of thought into it for long run of the shard.

Tyrone Biggums

I'm so glad I placed a castle within the past 2 weeks :)

Love EVERY part of it Kon, one question though, you said malas was trammel and all dungeons in the Malas facet were as well, however you also mentioned the Fan Dancer Dojo and the Mines which are technically in the Tukuno Islands facet.  Now i know that this facet in general was trammel but the dungeons were fel.  So did you just change those dungeons to trammel?  Just trying to clarify =)

jamisoncrzy

Im excited about this patch, very nice that I can now go down to the gaunt and not get ganked when I leave haha. But there is one thing im becoming not a fan of, the ore respawn.. Ore hasnt respawned in about 3 hours now. Other than that, great patch King!

Abe

Heading to Doom now! :)

Godric

Yes! No PvP in some of the best areas in the game! I am soooo happy about this :D

I hope Doom Gauntlet does pick up... I'll be heading there next weekend maybe - depending on whether I get time during the week - would be good to actually stand a chance of soloing Dark Fathers because them SOBs are tough!

King Kong

Quote from: "Sticky"Love EVERY part of it Kon, one question though, you said malas was trammel and all dungeons in the Malas facet were as well, however you also mentioned the Fan Dancer Dojo and the Mines which are technically in the Tukuno Islands facet.  Now i know that this facet in general was trammel but the dungeons were fel.  So did you just change those dungeons to trammel?  Just trying to clarify =)

Dojo and Mines are actually inside Malas. This is OSI doing. Their entrance is Tokuno, but the dungeons themselves are Malas facet.

Nemesis

Here are my thoughts about this, that's my opinion so you do whatever you want it.

With doom, dojo and mines now being trammel ruleset that will allow players to farm arties basically 24/7 without any worries at all, absolutely no challenge. Meaning the server will be filled with artifacts and they'll all become basically worthless which will directly affect the economy and not in a good way. While those were still PVP zones there were atleast PVPers keeping those dungeons from being farmed, but now what's keeping someone to farm all day everyday?

To me if your gonna go through with this you need some kind of balance, and to me that balance should be that ter mur should now become entirely fel ruleset. Why is that?I remember when i first started i was reading about imbuing and remember seeing '' imbuing should be only a end of game tool to perfect your gear '' with that in mind, shouldn't imbuing mats be hard to get? Or atleast be expensive... Right now any noob can go to ter mur and farm pretty much any mini champ as long as they have a greater dragon and some skills, if you know what your doing in less than a week you can have enough mats to get yourself a fully imbued suit of armor, not really a end of game tool to me. Making ter mur a PVP facet will make it harder to farm imbuing mats, meaning imbuing will be alot more expensive, that way even tho there would still be ALOT of arties out there, there would still be some value to them because people wouldn't be able to get imbued stuff that easily. Atleast keeping some balance into the economy.

Like i said that's my opinion take it or leave it.
-Nemesis

Akira

Great patch, this should make doom very active. Huge nice changes, nice work. I do see Nemesis point about people farming the ToT arties 24/7. Honestly though most of them are somewhat worthless now, if they were imbuable that would be another story though...

One thing I noticed so far:

18x17 Houses are 1.9m
17x18 Houses are 1.4m
etc. not a big deal but figured that might not be intentional.

another concern
We might see some pretty high swing speed going on, but that was already possible...

I hope we see the ToT artifacts imbuable also.

King Kong

Quote from: "Nemesis"Here are my thoughts about this, that's my opinion so you do whatever you want it.

With doom, dojo and mines now being trammel ruleset that will allow players to farm arties basically 24/7 without any worries at all, absolutely no challenge. Meaning the server will be filled with artifacts and they'll all become basically worthless which will directly affect the economy and not in a good way. While those were still PVP zones there were atleast PVPers keeping those dungeons from being farmed, but now what's keeping someone to farm all day everyday?

To me if your gonna go through with this you need some kind of balance, and to me that balance should be that ter mur should now become entirely fel ruleset. Why is that?I remember when i first started i was reading about imbuing and remember seeing '' imbuing should be only a end of game tool to perfect your gear '' with that in mind, shouldn't imbuing mats be hard to get? Or atleast be expensive... Right now any noob can go to ter mur and farm pretty much any mini champ as long as they have a greater dragon and some skills, if you know what your doing in less than a week you can have enough mats to get yourself a fully imbued suit of armor, not really a end of game tool to me. Making ter mur a PVP facet will make it harder to farm imbuing mats, meaning imbuing will be alot more expensive, that way even tho there would still be ALOT of arties out there, there would still be some value to them because people wouldn't be able to get imbued stuff that easily. Atleast keeping some balance into the economy.

Like i said that's my opinion take it or leave it.

Nemesis

Didnt say it was forever bud :)

Balance is the chance of getting the artifacts etc.

Godric

Quote from: "Nemesis"With doom, dojo and mines now being trammel ruleset that will allow players to farm arties basically 24/7 without any worries at all, absolutely no challenge. Meaning the server will be filled with artifacts and they'll all become basically worthless which will directly affect the economy and not in a good way. While those were still PVP zones there were atleast PVPers keeping those dungeons from being farmed, but now what's keeping someone to farm all day everyday?

A life, maybe? I have maybe 3 to 4 hours per day to chill - this includes TV, reading and computer games, more on my days off work admittedly, but last night I went a bit silly and spent about 5 hours in Doom Gauntlet and I got 0 artifacts. Whilst I was there, nobody else said they had got one either, so I think it is balanced pretty well so far. Anybody who can seriously play this all day every day needs a job or a life :p

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman