Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 29.0 - 11/30/2011

Started by King Kong, November 30, 2011, 06:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamisoncrzy

Hmm, nothing much to help new players except for lowering the taming difficulty on Greater Dragon and a 30k check. Everything else makes it more difficult on the new players. The the runic tools update is cool but a recent update drastically effects the resource gathering. In my opinion between the resource gathering and the runic tool updates some one counteracting themselves. I mean why would  you make the runic tools better but it it harder to get the resources to get the runic tools and use the runic tools.

Other than that cool patch.

Just my opinion and 2 cents along with everyone else's.

Kaeltas

How does adding new content make it harder for new players?

Lowering the rate of resource acquisition does not dramatically affect the ability to acquire runic tools.  Need more valorite ingots? Go use a prospector's tool and gargoyle pickaxe.  Or kill Valorite elementals.  Play the game as it was intended to be played.  Giving players something to strive for so they feel a sense of completion when they achieve a goal keeps players on a shard.  If everyone has the best stuff, people tend to quit due to boredom.  (WoW fatigue anyone?)

Kaeltas

Also, BODs are what control the runic tool market, not ingot/leather availability.

Wendell

Yea but Ignots/Leather availability controls completed BODs so therefore they also have a part in the Runic tool market. You can get all the BODs you want but without resources you cannot complete them and get the reward.

Kaeltas

My past experience is getting the right bods to turn in for a worth while runic tool is much harder than getting the materials to fill it.  Just my opinion though.

Wendell

I doubt your past experience was on a shard that delayed resources spawns such as on Pandora. I am in no way complaining as I do not farm resources, but I do like this discussion I'm having with Kaeltas  :D

Kaeltas

*shrug* I tend to jack up the difficulty on any game I play (when available) for a fuller experience.  Harder times for all rewards the effort put in by the few who do so.

flippers

I just started playing so I obviously do not know what the last status quo was, but as someone who came back to this game to be mainly a craftsman and gatherer, I find the current spawn rate of resources perfectly agreeable.

I'm only macroing actions to speed up the process, not making scripts that do the gathering for me, and though it took me quite a while to get enough wood for GM Carpentry, for instance, I never felt it was an unfair difficulty curve. So now I'm wondering, what was different about gathering before? Could you stand in front of a tree and chop endlessly without it ever running out of wood? Because unless it was that way, I don't see how it would affect manual gathering speed, it would only affect scripters.

Tyrone Biggums

Instead of one chop you got 3-4 and the respawn rate was faster. Not sure the exact time between respawn. Maybe around 30 mins?

King Kong

Quote from: "flippers"I just started playing so I obviously do not know what the last status quo was, but as someone who came back to this game to be mainly a craftsman and gatherer, I find the current spawn rate of resources perfectly agreeable.

I'm only macroing actions to speed up the process, not making scripts that do the gathering for me, and though it took me quite a while to get enough wood for GM Carpentry, for instance, I never felt it was an unfair difficulty curve. So now I'm wondering, what was different about gathering before? Could you stand in front of a tree and chop endlessly without it ever running out of wood? Because unless it was that way, I don't see how it would affect manual gathering speed, it would only affect scripters.

Finally someone with some wisdom who can see the big picture.  :shock:

8-)

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

flippers

Quote from: "Tyrone Biggums"Instead of one chop you got 3-4 and the respawn rate was faster. Not sure the exact time between respawn. Maybe around 30 mins?
Forests are big so I didn't run into any issues with the respawn. 3-4 chops would make quite a difference in my gathering speed, that I recognize. But I found an area where all the trees are perfectly lined up east to west over a very large area, so I can just run in a straight line looping a macro that chops the tree just north of me, so it's still pretty painless.

Was mining changed that way too?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]