Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Animators Wanted - Prizes On Offer

Started by Voxpire, March 03, 2013, 09:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voxpire

It's high-time we thought about making a short movie or trailer about Pandora...

If you have skills in animation, whether it be Flash, 3D modelling, or even just editing videos (clipping together), we'd like to hear from you.

Anyone interested in taking part in the construction of a trailer-style clip for Pandora should let me know by replying here or sending me a PM.

If you're a one-man-team and have a passion for creating animations, then we're happy to offer you the opportunity to take a stab at it and potentially earn yourself some rewards.

We'd like to start putting out videos on YouTube to promote the shard in the best light via raw footage and animations of various features.

I've done 3D and Flash animation in the past and I would personally love to do this myself, but as you all know, I'm extremely busy coding all the cool stuff you'll be recording or animating in your videos.

Any videos submitted to us that are chosen to represent the shard will net their creator a whopping 100 Pandora Bucks ( $100 value ) as the top reward, followed by eternal recognition for their work and a customized house decoration of their choice with a special name.

This is not a competition, everyone will receive these rewards if their video is chosen.
The best of the chosen videos will be used on our landing pages as an introduction.

We're looking for videos that focus on things like intense PvP, epic boss battles, guild wars and general game-play.
You don't have to worry about adding a sound-track to your video, we can arrange to have something composed on your behalf.

Your videos should be thrilling, exciting but most of all, informative.
There must be no offensive content, like swearing or harassment, keep it clean.
Ideally, your video will be at least 1 minute long, however, if you make a shorter clip, we will still look at it and will still reward your for your effort if it is chosen, but the main reward of 100 PB will be reduced.

If you have a special idea that would require staff assistance to achieve, let us know and we'll work with you to make it happen!

Thank you for reading, now go get animating! :)

ChickeN

Wish i was an animator, i'd def make a video.. but what i can do is star in someone eles.. so im offering up my services.. myself and my PawN Shop are up for the task.. PM me here or ingmae if your looking for the Next Utube Star!  ???  but really, Another great idea.. Great Job guys

Horns Nigel

Me too, no experience, but sure have had many dreams of a UO movie complete with a soundtrack, sure would like to assist if there is anything i could do to help....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Dwarvey

I'm gonna have to read up on this and see if I can make the time to try. Awesome idea.

So will this also apply to things like basic tutorial videos as well?

Voxpire

I'm looking more for things that will promote the shard, along the lines of advertising.

Tutorial videos are always welcome too, if they are accurate and of good quality, I don't see why we can't reward people for that too :)

Empati

thats great idea :) i will share this video on my facebook:)and i think we need organization for this video :)

Angel0178

I can help with an "Introduction to guilds" video.

Thatperson

I am not a video editor but i am a sound engineer/music producer with a home studio so anyone who is making a video can contact me and i can do the soundtrack/effects/scoring/vocal editing and all the audio stuff.

Empati

nice my friend:)but i think  first we need a lot of people to make this video:)not importand reward for me.i want more people on this shard.because this shard certainly best shard:)this server deserves it :)

Voxpire

We reward you for the time you spend making the video, not just based on the quality of it.
I don't expect people to volunteer their time, but it's nice when they do :)
Even if your video doesn't get used, we would still reward you for it if we believe you put a lot of effort into making it.

Saturn

I am actively toying away with this while im at work when its dead...But so far, as it turns out, im horrible.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Elrik

Flash has been a hobby of mine for several years. I've done several websites for RL business, gaming clans and an EVE corporation. Are you still looking for help with this?
Earl Grey AKA EG
1% - Napa Valley Original
- Everything is negotiable

Islander

Elrik,
i think this post was about when they were making the intro video on the primary page of the website, but that is good to know!!

Horns Nigel

Alas, Im like Saturn, I gave it a shot I am HORRIBLE at this :(....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Voxpire

We'd still be happy to accept submissions to replace the homepage video - feel free to submit at your leisure :)

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman