Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

PvP With AI is it Overpowered?

Started by Electo Jason, September 16, 2013, 08:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxarus

QuoteIF AI was so overpowered and no way to escape how was I able to kill off every member of WSF in that fight and not die once?

I am very curious (well, not very, more a little^^) how this quote does make any sense at all?

Anyways...

The "problem" with AI is not the extremely high dmg itself. The problem is that PvP is reduced to it now. You, Jason, are the living proof that basically everyone with an AI Weapon (Bow) is able to pvp...^^ (I say that in case you missed reality here.)

Another problem is a thing with the calculation:
The more HP a player has the higher will be the AI Dmg by his opponent. It's hard to see the logic in that.

Besides these facts I'd like to say that personally I won't complain about AI since everyone who wants can use it. It's an ability, nothing more and nothing less. If I die by it, I die by it. It has become a game of luck: Who hits first and gets lucky to hit again? That's it. There is no skill at all. ;)
However:
Things always change. After that one there will be another thing. There are always... things. At least some people - as Jason and some others - feel good. And it's always nice seeing people happy. ^^
Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

I must admit that that battles and daily has become more fun for us pvp flunkies    :P.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Voxpire

Quote from: zaxarus on September 23, 2013, 11:44:56 AM
Another problem is a thing with the calculation:
The more HP a player has the higher will be the AI Dmg by his opponent. It's hard to see the logic in that.

You don't see the logic in that? For real?
For every 100 HP, it does 35 damage max.
It's a simple percentage... 35% cap instead of just 35 actual cap.
It's logical, because now you can have as much HP as you can get, you're not capped around 200 HP any more.

I do the math, you guys do the crying, that's how it's always been :P

zaxarus

And i always thought that you want high HP to prevent death.^^

Tys

"My name is my name."

Electo Jason

QuoteIF AI was so overpowered and no way to escape how was I able to kill off every member of WSF in that fight and not die once?

I am very curious (well, not very, more a little^^) how this quote does make any sense at all?

Anyways...

The "problem" with AI is not the extremely high dmg itself. The problem is that PvP is reduced to it now. You, Jason, are the living proof that basically everyone with an AI Weapon (Bow) is able to pvp...^^ (I say that in case you missed reality here.)

This is the same reason that I started killing you guys you think you are so much better than anyone else and criticize people way to much.....Just because I have AI I can pvp as Drake stated it isn't in the kills its escaping the kills so my question is if I can only PvP because of AI how come 5 people all using AI couldn't kill me??  Again I killed everyone of you at least once most of you 2x+  but did not die once that is where the skill is involved is escaping being killed which I did quite well every single time.

So please don't be cocky and say the only reason I can PvP is because of AI take what it is.
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

zaxarus

Quote from: Electo Jason on September 24, 2013, 08:38:41 AM

Anyways...

This is the same reason that I started killing you guys you think you are so much better than anyone else and criticize people way to much.....Just because I have AI I can pvp as Drake stated it isn't in the kills its escaping the kills so my question is if I can only PvP because of AI how come 5 people all using AI couldn't kill me??  Again I killed everyone of you at least once most of you 2x+  but did not die once that is where the skill is involved is escaping being killed which I did quite well every single time.

So please don't be cocky and say the only reason I can PvP is because of AI take what it is.

So much talking, so few insights.

We were talking about you and made a very simple decision: Just don't say anything more. So I'll let you keep your opinions and we all are happy. :)

QuoteThis is the same reason that I started killing you guys you think you are so much better than anyone else and criticize people way to much
If you have something to say then do it in a PM. We all know you like to talk a lot, based on no or false informations, so maybe we should do this in another way. People may get bored.
Although i am very sure from where these "insights" are coming. Maybe that's why i call them false or not existing.^^

Back to topic? Or are we done? Hope so...
Tys

"My name is my name."

Electo Jason

Oh sorry I will go back to what Dragonik says in order to get the complaining over with:

"You are Always Right Everyone Else is Always Wrong"

And I you want to keep it to PMs you might want to tell your boy Sheldor not to talk crap in world chat again about how I cant beat any of you guys without Silent.

Beat Him and Keebler in Bedlam 2 on 1 no problem so if you want me to keep it to PMs tell your followers to do the same shame I have to respond to comments like that.  And shame I have to defend against remarks like yours that anyone can be a PvPer with AI if that's true you would've done a lot better against me than you did.

Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

zaxarus

Mhh. Well, I don't claim to be always right. I was just responding to some interesting thoughts...
And about that thing with Dragonik: Seems in this point i was just right... i am sorry for this tho.^^

QuoteAnd I you want to keep it to PMs you might want to tell your boy Sheldor not to talk crap in world chat again about how I cant beat any of you guys without Silent.
I am very sure (and we all know) that you seem to be an expert in letting the "world" (in world chat) know when you are not satisfied with something. It happened the last weeks - a lot. You will remember, I do, everyone does. So maybe you're in the wrong position to demand anything?

Anyway... it is proven that these discussions have no end until one does stop. So i will be this person. Feel free to continue, but without me then.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

Jason is a very fair and good player on this shard, I have found him to be very knowledgeable and extremely trustworthy, hes worked his way up the chain here doing things the right way.
I have sat back and listen to people constantly criticize and even accuse him of exploits and hacks... Well no more, we are all very tired of it, just play the game the way its set up and move on  JEEZ....Nigel

Electo Jason

Quote from: Horns Nigel on September 24, 2013, 01:39:07 PM
Jason is a very fair and good player on this shard, I have found him to be very knowledgeable and extremely trustworthy, hes worked his way up the chain here doing things the right way.
I have sat back and listen to people constantly criticize and even accuse him of exploits and hacks... Well no more, we are all very tired of it, just play the game the way its set up and move on  JEEZ....Nigel

Thx for that Nigel people will think what they want and let them.

Considering last week I just gave one of them access to my chests in castle told him to take whatever arties he needed for his museum and didn't charge him anything at all for it kind of shows :)
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Electo Jason

Also getting really aggravated at the fact that every time you say anything to Tys that he doesn't like he takes away a karma point from you this is what the third time he has done it to me??
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

zaxarus

Tys

"My name is my name."

Electo Jason

Quote from: zaxarus on September 24, 2013, 03:51:09 PM
uhm... what?

IDK every time me and you get into an argument on here I seem to lose all of my karma.

So apparently this means don't post event idea's that people like.
Don't post bugs that need to be fixed.
Don't offer up services.

Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

zaxarus

First, i didn't do that...

Second, i don't worry about that karma thing. It is a number. Doesn't change anything at all, does it?

I've rewarded good ideas in the past, but i did not take karma away from you - since this might be the first real argument we have? (Excuse me if i don't remember much of the past?)

Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

LOL  I must be hated  I have 0 karma  lol.....Nigel

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan