Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

PvP With AI is it Overpowered?

Started by Electo Jason, September 16, 2013, 08:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horns Nigel

I take that back I now have -1 karma   LOL....Nigel  How is that even possible???   ::)   Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Electo Jason

Oh wait now -1.  Well if it isn't him I wonder who has been doing it.  Getting very annoying.
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

zaxarus

Wasn't me. I'd have no problem admitting that.^^

Tys

"My name is my name."

Electo Jason

Well than sorry for jumping to conclusions it happened the last time when there was the CTF issue to I went from 1 karma that time to -1.  Had 1 now from my bounty hunter idea and was taken away during this discussion.

BTW whoever added Sephiroth to the available Avatars is awesome :)

"Best Video Game Villian of all time"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Cyrusmcvale

This is just my thoughts in general and not directed at anyone.

I've played tons of games and 90% of the drama is from pvp.. now if i am in a pvp area then i have no problem with someone trying to kill me, if i talk smack then ress kill me over and over. but when you talk smack that your the best when you killed a noob or a pvmer then you should be riding the short bus.

I have seen some true hard core pvpers over the years and watching two of them fight it out is a great thing to watch or getting PKed and the guy offers a res says a lot about his character and gains my respect and who knows for this old pvmer and item trader may get an item that the pvper is looking for cheaper then the norm vs the little dirt bag pvper that wants an item from me and i might just jack the price up on them or just ignore them.

I could of unloaded on a few of our pvpers when i came upon them at a spawn and their half dead and took their champ or whatever but i don't and a few of them have come upon me and either helped or left me alone.

This of course does not happen everyday but the server needs both pvp and pvm/crafter/traders to make the economy strong. when this is in check i make lots of gold :P

(Now this is Karma :)

There will always be smack talking this is UO, there will always be people riding the short and narrow path with how they play the game but if you don't like getting killed by other players stay out of those areas. Now if you want to see more people in pvp areas put something in those areas that makes us pvm/item hoarders to want to be in those areas :)

(Risk Vs Reward:)

Cyrus

Horns Nigel

Agreed Cyrus, well stated, I am like you mostly PVM, I just never cared for PVP, what you find on this shard unlike many others is that most of the PVPers are really good players who will not even loot sometimes, heck some will even Rez ya afterwards.

Maybe im too close to it as I know most of the players on the shard, we are a pretty tight knit community, its not anything like it was when I started here years ago, back then there was so much trash talking I can remember people begging them to take it to Pms  lol...you just dont see too much of that anymore here....Nigel

Electo Jason

Ill admit I do use world chat more often than I should which I will try to stop.

As for rezzing I do rez players that I feel deserve it the ones who talk smack or accuse me of looting when I haven't or follow and camp res spots I will let loose on which should be expected.

As was seen yesterday at Lich spawn I only res killed tys and Sheldor...why you ask? 

Because Sheldor doesn't stop running his mouth and also looted me and Tys accused me of looting people when I have not until I was looted as well as following my members to healers so they cant rez.

As for Tazi, Falada, Keebler I did not res kill any of them an in fact told those with me not to either.

As for Cyrus and Jinxy if I see them I will leave them be unless otherwise attacked they have stayed out of it and I have had some good conversations with them :).

I don't claim to be one of the best pvpers here in fact look at the thread about top pvpers nowhere did I mentioned myself as one of the best.  I am just trying to have fun now that im done leveling my Tiers.

Also trying to bring back PvP and factions.
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

zaxarus

I think i've never before stated in the forums who i killed and why. It's... uhm ... boring? Of course i could and yet i don't...

Ok back to topic, since there is nothing else to say. I will try to be constructive here, ok Jason?

1.) Making Glaives and Compbows even (damagewise) was a great decision and it still is. The difference was too high and now everyone can see how high it has been...

2.) AI is now THE major ability in PvP when it comes to damage. If you want to hit someone, fast and heavy, you have to use it. Everybody does and that's understandable, since there is no alternative with an equal damage output.
Of course there are several other abilities. Not so effective at the moment, but still existing. Paralyze, Mortal and some others, maybe Bleed. But none of those will kill someone or even closely help to kill somebody. Mortal me, i just don't care. Eat my apple and move on.
AI someone, hit him twice, maybe with backup, he will be done.
Spellcasting? Nada. Didn't see ONE spell by you, Jason. And that's just an example. Cause i have no problem admitting that i also don't cast any huge spell or even a combo anymore. Maybe Poison, maybe sometimes Flamestrike/Explosion. That's it.

Because:

3) There is NO USE for spellcasting anymore. The damage is just too low. Everyone who is on Tier 5 has at least 330+ hitpoints. And more to come. Now check spell damage in PvP. As we know it is capped. You heal it in 2 secs and move on.
I don't say you have to be able to defeat someone by casting only. But spells have to play a more prominent role. At least to compensate the boredom PvP now has become. AI, boom, dead. That's basically it. And as we have seen: Also in the field. Every death on our side was by AI. Every death on your side was by AI. No spell, no combo, no other ability helped killing you or me. Maybe some Moving Shots while we were running. That's all.
And that's sad...

And before Konstantine or Vorspire tell me to make a suggestion - I alrdy did in the Suggestion Board: Increase SDI cap for PvP!

@Jason:
I've tried to be constructive here. Maybe you move this around in your heart and come to the conclusion that this is the only way to keep this thread clean from accusations and childish garbage.
You say Sheldor "doesn't stop running his mouth". When i told your GM the same about you he said to me that's on you and not his concern. The same counts for me. It is his right to complain as it is yours too.

Ty

Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

I don't ever remember having a connversation with you about Jason, but I do suffer from CRS, so maybe it happened.  I don't think that would have been my responce, usually I would go out of my way to find common ground to end any potential conflicts.  Again, not sure if it was me,  maybe it was a diff guild leader?......Nigel

zaxarus

Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

Electo Jason

Ok Tys you really need to remove the silver spoon from your mouth cause all I was doing was answering Cyrus's post so your 2 paragraph explanation  "Which btw got tired of reading halfway through and stopped because its all the same stuff you always say" had no bearing at all on what my post said.

Also as for spells I cursed everyone of you before attacking as well as did poison.

On top of that I also cast a lot of spells on myself so you are wrong there.

As for accusations again I was answering Cyrus's post about his thoughts on PvP not asking you to get all pissy and start running your mouth on something that was all done already  after your last post yesterday was done talking to you cause in your eyes as proven before you are always right everyone else is wrong.

So seriously everytime I answer someone elses post it doesn't give you the green flag to jump in and attack me I swear you stalk to forums to do so if I say anything right away you are there to try and correct me get over yourself.

Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

zaxarus

Seriously? Omg... lol

You got me, i give up.^^

QuoteSo seriously everytime I answer someone elses post it doesn't give you the green flag to jump in and attack me
A little paranoid maybe?^^
Tys

"My name is my name."

TheGrimReaper

I have to get back to this! PvP never was about 3hit and dead in here Pandora now it is... The PvP now is based on AI spam with  psn spam and HP, healing increase Which i find really sad... All the spell combos i used to kill many many many players are WORTHLESS, i proved it, 118dmg by 1 AI... Seriously? Where's all the fun spell casting gone and the moment the other half fails the casting and you get the chance to fill him up with combos. The time people said Para psn is OP it seriously wasn't... They just didn't realize 1 arch cure and it's gone... I know i'm posting here half a year later but i just had to and i also have proved that even with 140k rating doing PvP against people with over 100k more than i have is possible, untill they raise their AI weapon and all the chances are gone.... Every weapon used to be on balance, i had over 20 different weapons they all were as good as the others and none was better, just had a favorite and the one i was used to use. Think this proves something has to be done with the AI? I remember when hammer pick wasn't OP, look at it now... Or a comp bow seriously the lamest PvP weapon and now THE BEST?! What really happened? And i have to say this outloud, becoming a ''pro'' PvPer atm by using AI to actually win or disarm which no one ever used when weapons were balanced, makes me laugh HARD. Yet haven't used it once with 0% healing increase and not even tier 2... And doing this good might tell something. I stick to old days, Cleaver, Scepter, War mace! (Tho War Mace Needs To Be Fixed, Bleed Doesn't Work)

GM NollKoll

Grim, feel free to send me a pm regarding -ALL- weapon abilities, and how you rate em in pvp. See if i can balance the others up, or make em funnier to use
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman