Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Hello everyone

Started by Rameraz, August 15, 2011, 06:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rameraz

Hello to all in Pandora

My main char name will be Rameraz but will start shard with a mule.
Smith, mine, Arms L, tinker, tailor, magery(75), focus(35), and carpentry.
Any suggestions on starting char skills points. I know you get a skill ball once in game but worry about losing starting gifts like full mage book ect.
Any advice would be great.
I have not played UO since Mondain Legacy so it has been a very long time.
A lot is new and very over whelming, or just a lot to explore.
Hoping a start with a mule gets me a good start building cash, buy a house and explore.

Look forward to joining you all in Pandora.

Godric

It's no skill cap here so you can have everything on one character - saves logging different ones. But if you want to focus on crafting I'd recommend starting with magery (as few points as possible) (for a full spell book) and combined gather/craft skills so you can make a bit of coin early on - so mining/blacksmithy, lumberjacking/carpentry or fletching.

Use your skillball for magery (defence/recall/mark/invis) and if you know you're going to be adventuring at some point use the other two choices for your preferred combat skills (sword/mace/chiv/taming/bard) because you can afk macro (Razor/EasyUO) gathering so mining/lumberjacking will be easy to raise. You cannot afk macro adventuring so these will be more difficult/time consuming to raise.

If you have no desire to adventure put the other two points in your other crafting combo - so if you started as a miner/smith pick lumberjack and carpentry/fletcher.

Skills to avoid starting with or skillballing;

Animal Lore
Arms Lore
Hiding
Focus (lol - walk forwards, gain 0.3 focus)
Musicianship

A bunch of others that can be afk macro'd or level up quickly alongside it's counterpart - animal lore levels up extremely quickly when taming, for example.

Hope this makes sense, I'm at work so don't have access to much UO stuff, but this was my feeling on the matter after starting last week.

Rameraz

Thank you Godric just the help I needed.

Godric

You're welcome... but if any of it is wrong, I never wrote that and will deny all knowledge  :P

Co Kane

You should always start a char with Animal taming, hiding, and (poisoning if you pvp) Discordance.
L|D

Rameraz

Is there an issue if patch goes past 7.0.16.1 - mine went to .3?
Works ok but look slike it needs to go higher? Not sure if I shoud though.
Hard to sort through all the info just following the main page instruction to go to 7.0.16.1

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman