Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Some questions I have

Started by BigE10, February 09, 2010, 10:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigE10

First off I should say that I played retail UO for about 4 years. I quit 6 or 7 years ago when I was hacked for the second time and lost everything. Even with that happening my best friend and I still missed playing UO. I can't explain to you guys how awesome it has been to join your server and relive some of these oldschool 2D memories. So down to a few questions I have. Since I used to be a tamer you know I had to do it again. I'm wondering if the bonding process is the same on this server as in normal UO. I was reading another thread about server shutdowns/crashes and someone mentioned "bond your pet" almost as if it was something we could do with a command. I think in normal UO the pet bonded after 1 real life week- if i remember correctly. I'm also wondering if it is necessary to feed the pets. It seems like they are always wonderfully happy. When i use a piece of food on them it is consumed, but it doesn't really make the same sound like retail did. It's almost like I just dropped it into thin air. Kind of hard to explain, probably trivial depending on the answer. Lastly I had bought a boat last night to sail to Fire Island to try to tame a dragon. For the life of me, I couldn't get a boat to place on trammel side. I tried in Vesper, Magincia, Moonglow, also went along shorelines- wouldn't work. Went to Felucia Minoc gate walked straight to the shore dropped it instantly. When over to Fel Magincia again the boat placed. Is boat travel in Trammel not available? I was hoping to possibly place a home near Trammel Deciet. Thanks guys and again loving every minute of this server.

MadMan Martigan

I have to feed my pets constantly to keep them happy infact I have to feed it quite often,

Your pet will go unhappy and leave you.

[size=150]MadMan Martigan[/size]
Overlord of Citizens of Pandora

Talon77

you guys will be happy to know that on the new server "comming soon" the animal taming system is osi-like. Being an avid tamer myself since UoBeta, I have a good feel for the issues of taming and pet commands in the current version of runuo (or pandora shard). Honestly (I looked) there is ALOT of animal handling issues corrected in this new version, and yes some are sounds and AI.

As far as the boat issue, is anyone else having this issue? Possibly another tile issue from switching over to sa...

King Kong

The pet thing will be fixed and as for boats in trammel it's no bug, I set no boats there when shard didn't have trammel and only place in tram was Insula , so I didn't want people leavingthe island.. I will change it back soon

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

BigE10

Thanks guys that answered my questions perfectly. But one more question just happened... Shrink my pet and put it in the bank? I didn't know that was possible. I used the stablemaster.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman