Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

A few questions before joining please..

Started by Phel, October 19, 2011, 10:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phel

Hello. I'm interested in joining the shard I just have a few questions that I couldn't find answers to any where else.
I'm a returning player of UO. Played from 98 to 01, and numerous times throughout the years on private and the official servers. One thing I've noticed that dominates on private servers is pets. I remember playing about a year ago and the only way to actually stand a chance was to have two or three over power pets. Does this server balance that out? Will I have the same chance to kill a powerful monster if I'm a swordsman type character as a person with 3 to 5 pets?

I am mostly a pvm player. I do occasionally enjoy some pvp but don't enjoy being ganked every 10 to 15 minutes. I loved the thrill of the early days of UO when you would be running for your life, but unfortunately, newer mmo's have made me soft over the years. When I'm mining/chopping wood I'd prefer to do just that and not have to worry about some kid running up and thinking it's funny to pk me. I noticed it says there are 3 versions of the different facets.. I'm not quite sure I understand what that means.

I'm basically looking for a new home in the UO universe. I hope this is it. I'm not trying to troll, be an arse or anything along those lines. Just so tired of wanting to get into UO again every now and then only to find the only servers that have a decent population require you to rely upon pets. I don't want pets. I want to shoot a bow, swing a sword, cast a spell and have the same exact chance of killing something (with skill of course) that a person does with 3 to 5 pets.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Will hopefully be seeing you in game soon.

King Kong

Like every shard I have seen, pets are very important. But no one has 2 or 3 really, just 1 good one that can tank a monster while you attack it.

Some monsters will require a pet to do it in a timely fashion, but most of your monsters you do not need a pet. We have more content than any UO shard out there, including OSI. I believe we have something for everyone.

90% of the monsters you do not need a pet with, but like anything, the harder the monster, the better the loot, the harder it will be to kill just being solo. Pet's do help.

We have a nice balance, 6 facets, currently 3 trammel, 3 felucca, so 3 huge lands you cannot get attacked in. In the next patch coming sometime this week, one of the felucca based facets will be moving to trammel rules, so it will be 4 and 2, since we host numerous pvp battles and tournys on the hour every hour for people to get their pvp fix.

I hope it comes across as the answer you want, I do believe you will find a home in Pandora. Every human/player is different with different needs and wants, but I do believe we have a little something for everyone.

I mean we even have 2 completely separate pvm currency apart from gold to get very cool items.

- Oceanic Coins & Pandora Coins

- All the best.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Phel

Sounds great, and coming from the King, sounds even better. Guess I have to get it installed and set up. Perfect time to do so as the wife is a sleep :D
Looking forward to joining you all soon!

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman