Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Why Herro There

Started by b33tlejuice, October 29, 2012, 05:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b33tlejuice

Hey pandora, Just started yesterday, thought I'd say hi to everyone, u know ask for any tips on where to hunt or what to craft n what not to make money, i feel like a broke noob

Horns Nigel

Hails and welcome, I would be happy to show you around, I will be on tonite and tomorrow, please feel free to PM me...Nigel Horns

Unless the storm knocks out my power...hehe
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Thatperson

Hail! Welcome to pandora..
This is a great shard with people from all over the world and many unique pandorian features and monsters etc.
The first tip i will give you is to use your 3 skills at 90 ball wisely.. it's power hour all day here and skill gains come thick and fast (i was over 6000 skill points in 3 months) all skills can be raised or macro'd easily except a few, these are poisoning, animal taming and imbuing, if you dont use your skill ball on these skills you will regret it later.
The second tip i will give you is to STAY YOUNG, most people renounce young status because you cannot vet pets here when young (to stop exploits) and its a bit crap being seen as young, however whilst you are young you can tame dragons and g-drags in stygian abyss all day without being attacked so you can get your taming up and pick yourself a winner. also doing the mini champs is a breeze when nothing attacks you. If you do it this way by the time your young status runs out you will have trained your char, tamed your perfect drag and gathered all the imbue mats you need to make a pimp suit!
Treasures of tokunu is always a good way to make money even when the event is inactive, the monsters in there give good money and are not too hard.
The great thing about this shard is you can be completely self sufficient, making all your own gear and imbuing it yourself, i love the fact that my sampire uses weapons he made himself and has his name on it, this also reduces the money you need to spend but is also why you wont find so many basic items for sale.
If you want to talk privately to people just type [c and hit enter, this gives a list of players online and you can message them. feel free to message me (That person) if you need any help ingame (though im broke too atm hehe)
If you like pvp there are great automatic pvp events, however there is a huge patch coming soon with a tonne of new features and pvp battles are off untill then so if it seems a tad quiet right now, please dont be deterred :)
The best thing about pandora is it offers exactly what you wish from a free shard, you can either play the classic uo we all remember and love, with normal pets n stuff. Or you can play "outside the game" by collecting special coins looted from certain monsters or donating to the shard. With these coins you can buy the kind of items that paid shard users have wet dreams about!!! So dont forget to check out the donation house, p-coin, o-coin and pvp coin stores to see what goodies are on offer. (use public moongate)
Anyway that'll do i think, have fun and untill i bump into you.. Take care :)

b33tlejuice

thank you thatperson, i was thinking of renouncing my young status, now i know better ;) and i can tell, less than a day of play and 2000+ skill already, though i did mess up and not take poisioning with my skill ball, oh well, gotta level alchemy anyways, might as well do the old alchemy training with poisioning. I'm still trying to figure out where these dragons are in SA, I stopped playing UO way back shortly after Renaissance released so I'm not familiar with the SA zones and what not. I like the community here so far, everyone seems really helpful, So thank you guys! I expect this UO experience to get even better

Saturn

...I macroed poisoning. you can poison the same food item over and over again.

...Anywhoo, my recommendation is to join a guild. There are 3 guilds that i can think of that are very helpful to new players (SoP, SOUL and NPA). Considering all the differences you'll meet from shard to shard, having some people show you the ropes will be a tremendous time saver. No question is a bad question.
The best place for a new character to hunt would be anywhere in the abyss. Most creatures drop valuable imbue mats, which you can use to make some nice gear or sell to get some starter funds.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Thatperson

Your welcome.. As for your poisoning you can train it from 90 on a different char and then wait 3 months till you get your soulstone and transfer it over to your main, along with all and any others :D vet rewards every month

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman