Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 47 - Crafting & Imbuing

Started by Voxpire, March 31, 2013, 02:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

Quote from: Vorspire on March 31, 2013, 04:51:14 PM
I've already said that we're giving it a couple of days to sink in and we're gonna increase the different ways to obtain Rough Stone, you will be able to craft it, mine it, etc.

It doesn't make sense to me why it's not readily available already, it is rough stone after all... And why would monsters carry stones around with them anyway?

The option to craft rough stones again would be great for new players and vets alike, considering the amount of them that will be required with the new system.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

An Evil Llama

I'm i missed something? How i can unravel items and gain Imbuing? Where is the gumps?

King Kong

Quote from: An Evil Llama on March 31, 2013, 08:35:52 PM
I'm i missed something? How i can unravel items and gain Imbuing? Where is the gumps?

Use Inscribe / Scribe's Pen & make Unravel Runes

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

An Evil Llama

And every time i need rough stone? Not the cheapest process

King Kong

Quote from: An Evil Llama on March 31, 2013, 10:16:35 PM

Ahh to just simply unravel a normal item? -- Ill have to ask Vorspire about that.

I do see what you're saying.

So a rough stone to remove a imbued property / unravel an imbued item... something much cheaper just to unravel an item that hasn't been imbued..

We will have to find a happy medium with this... As Imbuing really is the end game of the shard & you start with 100 off the bat..

So if you want to imbue up to 120, it should be tough & take a long while (even tho skill gain is very easy) -- Maybe Rough Stones obtained easier...

Llama, to your knowledge can you list every place you get Rough Stones now?

An Evil Llama

QuoteLlama, to your knowledge can you list every place you get Rough Stones now?
From champs/mini-champs.

xcalibre

Do you really give 97% chance of success (120 imbuing skill/human) with the new imbuing system ?

Not for complain, but it's a bit high ? no ?

King Kong

Quote from: xcalibre on April 01, 2013, 12:38:21 AM
Do you really give 97% chance of success (120 imbuing skill/human) with the new imbuing system ?

Not for complain, but it's a bit high ? no ?

Oh which things to be specific? We are still smoothing out the balance.

zaxarus

When calculating the success chances you should not forget that this new system deals much more with crafting skills (-> Inscription + Imbuing) than the old one did. So it seems clear to me that a character who skilled Imbuing up to 120 for a LONG time (like i did btw) should be rewarded with good chances.
If you are a legendary crafter and you try to "produce" something you also got high success chances. And the new Imbuing is directly conducted with the crafting mechanics. So i don't see why the chance of success should be so minimal or even discouraging like it was, even for a 120 Imbuer?

Of course there could be a risk, especially when you are making relic based runes. But also there you should not forget that atm it takes a while to get relics since the drop rate has been nerfed - in my opinion - dramatically (which is okay, considering the chances of success for a 120 Imbuer) and Rough Stones are obtainable, but not really in huge numbers per hunt.
You need a rough stone + 5 relics + other mats to create a rune for a maxed relic property. With the old chances there was a pretty high chance to fail (also with not relic but snakeskin based property Spell Channeling - and skins are a pain to get) - it would be a mistake to nerf the chances back to like they were before. Because now with better chances in the end you need more mats. This should be remembered. ;)

If there is the need to balance it or lower any chance (i don't think there really is, but anyway), just don't make it the real pain that it was. Collecting snakeskins for example and then fail 5 or 10 times in a row (and this happened, not only to me) was no long term fun, it was just annoying and a pain after the fifth one... ^^
Of course there could be a little nerf. Let's just say a maxed property (doesn't matter which one) gets a success malus of 5 to 10%, a relic based maybe 10 to 15%? This seems like a not so big deal, but i am pretty sure the system itself will let us fail. Cause we all know in computers there is no real random event, only the illusion of coincidences, right? ;)
Also: If you fail (Imbuing) you'd lose ALL your mats. Well, collecting stuff can be fun (and forces people to leave the bank or their houses^^) - but there is a point in time where it stops to be fun. This is when you collect and collect and fail and fail and it doesn't end. Then it starts to be mega frustrating. And sometimes you just give up. So what if you get SOME of your mats back when failing, like 50% or like chance for stone, chance for relic, 50% of used enchanted essences or residues, 50% of other mats and 80% of used (regular and/or big) gems? Because now you need rough stones + relics and/or residues or enchanted essences + gems + maybe big gems + other mats (especially persistence, void orbs now for 4 properties!) and also you need more of everything cause items have more slots than before.
I mean: How should a new player ever get geared and imbued up if he is spending his time fighting medium and hard monsters, spending all his money to us (lol) to get back to the failing that was?

These are things you have to keep in mind if you want nerfed chances... Like i said: I don't think it would be the wisest decision to "punch it down" the hard way. I am not paranoid, but i am thinking of newer players, medium geared people who will suffer a lot - just cause you need more of everything now and the risk to fall into the pit of infinite collecting and failing will be there when the success chances would sink dramatically.

ty

Tys

Tys

"My name is my name."

xcalibre

Exactly Tys.  My opinion is less than 10 or 15%. I dont want to see this feature turn into a pain like 50% chance of success.  Everything with relic should not be over 85%.

I just don't want to see everyone full imbue cause, imbuing need to be a bit difficult and rare.  This is a part of the fun in UO.

Now you have a lot of slot for armour, wep and jewel..  So it's more easy to caps everything. And i'm need to say I LOVE, Critical hit and Resilliance ! We need more thing like that !

More you add at imbuing, more you can add in donation store :)

Thatperson

i am 120 elf imbuer i get 88% chance. iv had a few failures thats for sure :] but after i blew over 150 relics in the first day after crit/res came in and they were 10 relics each to imbue on pink named items.. at least for the first day or 2, i feel i deserve it :D
as for unravelling i would make it so you can unravel a whole item and receive a handfull of mats, the same as what it used to be. But then also use more expensive rough stones to remove individual props with a higher yeild of mats (like it is now) a simple combination of then and now would be beautiful. im loving the new unravel mechanism, but then i dont need to gain imbuing anymore so what do i know hehe.
Lets get these new props in the [mystats please
might as well add enhance pots while were at it
cheers guys...

xcalibre

Yes a new mystats with everything you can have should be great !

Cyrusmcvale

New mystats showing actual and cap amounts and the new items would be great, With garg/120 imbuer with portable soulforge i only had a few fail on me.

Love the new crafting menus and system
thanks guys!

Voxpire

Yea guys, the MyStats will get an upgrade this week, I'm also intending to have a MyStats you can use on individual items, so you know exactly what props/bonuses make up the item and how it will modify your char when equipped, etc.

Dwarvey

Quote from: Konstantine on March 31, 2013, 10:51:05 PM
Quote from: An Evil Llama on March 31, 2013, 10:16:35 PM

Ahh to just simply unravel a normal item? -- Ill have to ask Vorspire about that.

I do see what you're saying.

So a rough stone to remove a imbued property / unravel an imbued item... something much cheaper just to unravel an item that hasn't been imbued..

We will have to find a happy medium with this... As Imbuing really is the end game of the shard & you start with 100 off the bat..

So if you want to imbue up to 120, it should be tough & take a long while (even tho skill gain is very easy) -- Maybe Rough Stones obtained easier...

Llama, to your knowledge can you list every place you get Rough Stones now?

To answer the question on rough stone drops.

Every champ drops one.
Mini champs drop 0-4 per kill are as listed below
Wyvern peerless
Fire Elemental peerless
Skeletal dragon peerless

As far as I know those are currently the only places that drop rough stones.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman