Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Regarding the nice global fight yesterday.

Started by GM NollKoll, January 05, 2015, 05:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Got a nice chatlog to read, even though there was alot of players foult  that it went to that extent (some wanted to hear the arguments and smash talk.)
i would just like to mention that keep the smack talking to pms, for a massive argument between several players like this, i will create a new area for those mass-conversation. (will probably create the area later today)

And there was a mentioning of a staff member there aswell. Even though it might be obvious who it is, it shouldnt be mentioned anyway. A counselor have 2 accounts, one as "staff", which have practictly no powers, and one player account.  The Staff account should ofcourse act proper and be helpful, but how the player account acts is totally up to the person in question. (Ofcourse to some extent, shouldnt be too imature or inproper etc).

Take this thread as a warning, furthur smash-talking fights will be held at the area i will create, or keep it in pms.
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

zaxarus

Quote from: GM NollKoll on January 05, 2015, 05:09:21 AM

(...)

The Staff account should ofcourse act proper and be helpful, but how the player account acts is totally up to the person in question. (Ofcourse to some extent, shouldnt be too imature or inproper etc).

No arguing at all but the quoted passage keeps me thinking. Without commenting it.

Tys

"My name is my name."

The Winter

I believe that if we do have a player/staff member, that person MUST be on their best behavior while on their staff account and their player account. If people know who the staff/player is, they will connect the actions of the person TO the person, whether or not that person is their staff or player account.

It's similar to a pro athlete, actor, politician, etc. Public figures are judged by their "on the clock" and "off the clock" actions.

A police officer can't ram his civilian vehicle into someone and say "it's okay, I'm off the clock". We are who we are, no matter which mask we're wearing at the moment.

The public views a public figure...police officer, judge, politician, athlete, celebrity, etc. as those things even if they aren't working at their job. Public figures are associated with their position at all times. It may not be right, but that's how it is.

If someone is playing a player character and a staff character, that person should be required to represent Pandora Staff at all times, period. That's a part of taking on the role..responsibility. Responsibility to Kon, Noll, and the Pandora players to be a representative of the Pandora Staff at all times.

Best,
Mike
"If I take your life, it's nothing personal...just a boy and his toy gun dying for attention" J Lane

GM NollKoll

Quote from: James Hendrik on January 05, 2015, 12:15:54 PM
I believe that if we do have a player/staff member, that person MUST be on their best behavior while on their staff account and their player account. If people know who the staff/player is, they will connect the actions of the person TO the person, whether or not that person is their staff or player account.

It's similar to a pro athlete, actor, politician, etc. Public figures are judged by their "on the clock" and "off the clock" actions.

A police officer can't ram his civilian vehicle into someone and say "it's okay, I'm off the clock". We are who we are, no matter which mask we're wearing at the moment.

The public views a public figure...police officer, judge, politician, athlete, celebrity, etc. as those things even if they aren't working at their job. Public figures are associated with their position at all times. It may not be right, but that's how it is.

If someone is playing a player character and a staff character, that person should be required to represent Pandora Staff at all times, period. That's a part of taking on the role..responsibility. Responsibility to Kon, Noll, and the Pandora players to be a representative of the Pandora Staff at all times.

Best,
Mike

That is why it should remain a secret. Even though some bad judgements of undressing in a windowed phonebooth in this case (It was under the circumstances to help).

Remeber people, everyone is not great at the start of a new job, and the power said person has is limited, and a reason why i think this whole ordeal went out of hand, apart from the fight in global.. Is that the staff acc was brought up as a taunt.

And i would disagree with the public figure idea to some parts, ofcourse they shouldnt go bananas, but no beer and no tv makes homer go crazy =P.. If said person enjoys an argue there and then, sure why not, but keep it strictly to said player account.
But..

Tyrone Biggums

i TOLD u all someone would say keep it in PM's but NOOOOOOO dont listen to me.  :P :P

GM NollKoll

Also, take a look at the verbal pvp arena, its completly safe!.. all spells have been disabled to encourage a nice argument without having to see everyones macros going nuts =P

The room is pretty freaky!, so go there just to see... And.... If your going to argue with more then 1 player, invite them there, or face the consequences =P
But..

Tyrone Biggums

Quote from: GM NollKoll on January 08, 2015, 05:50:54 AM
Also, take a look at the verbal pvp arena, its completly safe!.. all spells have been disabled to encourage a nice argument without having to see everyones macros going nuts =P

The room is pretty freaky!, so go there just to see... And.... If your going to argue with more then 1 player, invite them there, or face the consequences =P

+1 ........... Tyrone

P.S. reds don't have access

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111