Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

P^M why Join CoM??

Started by Articus, August 23, 2010, 11:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rival

mmm sorry mate but i have all my characters still. would love to know how that is linked to me, unless its one of your top secret conspiracies! What is it this time?

Dleatherus

hrmmm ... mebbe it's just me .. and i'm happy to have it pointed out to me if my rationale is wrong:

you get a bankstone, 5,000 use tool from the ingame toolkit, you go to heartwood, you run your macro that opens bankbox, gets your resources, makes your items, converts them to quest items, and you get rewards and a good shot at a heartwood fletchers kit that sells in the donation room for $30.00 all while your afk .. totally legal

you get a bankstone, 5,000 use tool from the ingame toolkit, you go to the soulforge, you run your macro that opens bankbox, gets your resources, makes your items, converts them to quest items, and you get magical residue/essences and converts to relic fragment that sells in the donation room for $10.00 all while your afk .. a bug and an exploit????

Mahavira

Let's all set macros to make residue and we won't have to hunt at all. Brilliant! Never mind that in game you will only collect 1 relic frag for unraveling a Greater Tot, but for the price of some ingots and some rune chisels, you expect to be able to afk craft relics? Forget the risk vs. reward, you can get the best gear afk! Then when we get caught, we just grease some palms, no worries mate!

The sad thing is -- this whole affair, with these denials, -- is just proving that you knew it was an exploit. A frank confession and apology would of been fine: "Sorry, it was wishful thinking. I feel like an idiot." Instead, you keep insisting on these bullshit excuses which aren't fooling anyone.

What would happen if the whole shard started crafting residue? People would be geared in what, a few weeks? You're telling me you thought that would be perfectly legal? Not buying it, sorry. Staff is constantly working on making this shard harder to get a suit. You know this as much as anyone else. Remember grinding Ele's for hours to get a few Fire and Toxic essences? But crafting relics would be fine???

Rachel

QuoteForget the risk vs. reward, you can get the best gear afk!

So how about those bods and those heartwood quests. Explain to me the difference. I am not saying it should not be changed but I do not think people should be punished for doing something that is allowable through the game and available for everyone to do. Do you suggest everyone does bods, hw quests, and even mining by hand?

Mahavira

What's wrong with collecting BODs? You collect and fill. I don't see the connection. Sure you can use EasyUO to collect them, so what? I don't, but many people do. I don't see a problem with this. You're still filling them. You can buy runic armor cheap as hell, it's the imbued gear that's valuable. Runic is just the base.

As to Heartwood quests: I paged a month and a half ago about someone afk at the fletcher, but like all my pages, it went unanswered. I suppose it's because they have limited staff and are extremely busy, so don't feel like constantly checking heartwood to see if people are afk or not. I'm not staff, but I would make it illegal.

To the last point, "anyone can do it." Anyone could exploit any bug, that doesn't make it legal. The fact that "anyone can do it," doesn't change the fact that it's obviously screwed up. If you can gear up to god-like in a few weeks, afk, while some people have spent half-a-year gearing up, grinding away in pvp zones; it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to see it's an obvious exploit.

Deadmau5

Maharvia go away you are nothing but a piece of shit that you can't get rid of.  I am going to poop in your cereal tomorrow.

Mahavira

That's right, I'm your constipation.  :?

Jaxtron

QuoteNew postby Dleatherus ยป Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:07 pm
hrmmm ... mebbe it's just me .. and i'm happy to have it pointed out to me if my rationale is wrong:

you get a bankstone, 5,000 use tool from the ingame toolkit, you go to heartwood, you run your macro that opens bankbox, gets your resources, makes your items, converts them to quest items, and you get rewards and a good shot at a heartwood fletchers kit that sells in the donation room for $30.00 all while your afk .. totally legal

you get a bankstone, 5,000 use tool from the ingame toolkit, you go to the soulforge, you run your macro that opens bankbox, gets your resources, makes your items, converts them to quest items, and you get magical residue/essences and converts to relic fragment that sells in the donation room for $10.00 all while your afk .. a bug and an exploit????

Ok, I want to play.  

First, if I am doing the heartwood quests, I have harvested the correct material required.  I have went out, chopped the wood or mined the ingots or perhaps purchased them but I have the resources that would be required for creating the quest item.  

Now if instead, I could stand there, convert a bandage to the wood by some bug and then use the wood to craft the quest item and get my reward, I would consider that exploit.  Would it be easier to purchase bolts of cloth and cut them into bandages instead of running around chopping trees?   Shoot yea but I would suspect this probably shouldn't happen.  If I decide to do it anyway, I shouldn't be surprised if I am punished for taking advantage of an exploit.

If you use EUO to script the entire process, from gathering wood, to crafting, to completing the quest, you are still following the process.  If you use EUO to make bandages, convert it to wood, craft and then complete the quest, yea, you are following the process but taking advantage of an exploit while doing it.

I know this had nothing to do with bandages turning into wood, it was just an example.  :)

Jaxtron

Ok, found another post.  Apparently it involved crafting something, unraveling it and converting the unraveled resource with the quest?  Not sure what was crafted but I assume it wasn't with a runic hammer?  I certainly have ideas but haven't tried it and wont.

Sure, I would have thought "This is great, easy fragments!!" and maybe wanted to take advantage but really?  Does that sound like something Giz and Kon meant to be?  I would have questioned it and verified it was as expected before going on.

Sorry, ignorance is no excuse.

Belphegor

I haven't seen Mahavira actually accuse anyone directly of anything yet he's a PoS? Not getting that when we have an obvious troll trying to get the staff set against opposing factions, one who benefits from the problems he provokes.

Mahavira

Yes I have Bele, many people, and I'm right.

Shirey Jenkins

I am beginning to think that people believe that life in PandoraUO is "real life." ROFL :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I can see the end of my road coming on Pandora...to much "friendship" between players and shard owner(s) which is FAR from balanced. The fun is quickly fading.

Belphegor

Ok, I had some reading to do to catch up. I'm backing off of this.  :lol:

Trinsic Mayor

Rival you commented on my sig so i changed it , just for you sorry if you dont like it.
I see the same 3 people trying to defend cheating when called out by another player on this shard. I mean you have all had a week to practice vs me, i think you can do better this time. Really someone might actually  think your right this time? I dont want to see people quitting do you? Maybe you should just be like yeah i messed up ill take my punishment like an adult.
                            To tell the truth i dont want to see people quit this shard,I would like to see it really grow. If i was a new player ,i came to any shard heard someone was exploiting/ sharing accounts( dont even give me that to refresh my friends house bs line) i would be like yeah right im not playing here.If you owned a place of business someone stole from the cash register 20 bucks would you fire them?One of  you found this out then obiviously passed it on to your friends right? Why didnt anyone send a page to ask to see if this is ok? I page with dumb questions all the time ,ill be the first to admit it. Half the times i bet they roll thier eyes, going this idiot again why? Better to be safe than sorry though.
                              Also I dont think a half price off sale on every item, wasnt a great idea either from a retail prospective.Also for the people that have paid full price on items.I myself didnt buy anything this time though.Thatis a totally diffrent topic that maybe we can  make a new post  thread about anyone want to discuss this?

Trinsic Mayor

Hey rachel ill try to explain:
"I find it humorous that you(trinsic) never said your guild uses an ingame system to get mats. I did not make the residue but I do not see how it is illegal by any means. Maybe I need to freshen up on my uo ethics but scripts for gathering other resources are legal such as mining, heartwood questers, bods etc etc. The rule "8. Do not use 2 characters to PVM or PVP, or to macro items or gold." is very ambiguous as previously mentioned. Although you can get gold from imbuing materials you can also get them from bod rewards and hw quests and mining and lumberjacking and so on. I honestly do not see the difference. Not being a smart ass but how is this an exploit when the others are not?"
I mean this is pretty much a simple math problem with some common sense.This is an example here :(sorry this is kinda long)
Alright bods= on a timer system i cant create a bod every what i dont know 2-5 seconds like a weapon. I cant create 125 of them then go  unravel them in what 10 mintues? I dont know the times sorry we are using these numbers as  just a value marker.
       Let say all 3 of my account are bod guys 14 of the guys at 50 1 at 120. The guy at 120 can collect a bod every 6 hours because of the high skills. Now this will reset if i fill one and turn 1 in. Now the other 14 can get 1 every hour not every 5 mintues .i sign in get first bod let say for the reason i do have a tailor in my house. I takes me 25 seconds to sign in 22 to collect bod 12 to sign out( these numbers are all  fictional). While your still making weapons to unravel or teleport to unravel.Now let say i get a large bod for anything well i cant fill that 1 without the smalls. But i can make another weapon to imbue no matter what right in 2 -5 seconds. Now let say i get 5 out of the 6 some lucky way(its really not that easy) out of the 15 i still need to go find someone with the  last 1 to trade right. while im away your still making  your weapons. you have teleported we will say 1 or 2 times.
This is actually how the system is set in place on every osi server well was when i played. this imbuing is new to me also im not very familiar without nor do i claim to be.I dont think they intended you to be able to make something for such a cheap material value to be able to break it down.Someone can correct me if im wrong here?
                  Minning  and doing boards i paged and was told it was legal to do  so i dont really have 1 for that. The key words though i paged before doing it because i was concerned  not wanting to get banned.I hope this has helped you?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman