Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

P^M why Join CoM??

Started by Articus, August 23, 2010, 11:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahavira

I don't know dude, I got lost myself.

Belphegor

Honestly, I don't see the 'L337 H4X' and cheating going on like they're being presented. Ya, I gave my login to someone in my guild for while I was away from the game. Big deal. This isn't OSI as been stated repeatedly by others and if that was dirty or wrong then ya, Kon can ban me. I don't, however, remembering him hiring a non-OSI SS Corp to help him ferret out dirty 'cheaters' like myself who do share a login with a guildie. UO has always been about meeting people, friends, and thus trust. I still call people from OSI UO and have 2-3 hour conversations with them. Pretty bad stuff there ... taking the game out of the game and being RL friends, ya? So if IECM is about that to me and I can trust my friends there, sure, ban my ass; you have my confession and I'm not stopping any of that.

Cheating has never been part of the IECM ideal and if it was I wouldn't have let myself be part of it. I've never afk mined or lumbered, afk shopped for goods or w/e, afk smithed, afk scribed, none of that. I didn't even knwo what an 'esseence' was until Chronic told me the other day and, really, I don't have time for it. I'm building two libraries on this shard and hardly have the time to hunt. When I -do- hunt, ask anyone, I've given most of those arties away. None of this should have mattered to anyone or been their business but since you press me, I will tell you. I gave those to Chronic, to Jerry, to other guildmates, and used the few I had left to be icon markers for my library shelves. Hell, even my PCoins were bought or given to me by people who appreciated the PCoin mob runes. My spare time has been to make a new TMap (post-patch) rune system for the shard.

Point being, I'm too involved in UO's nerdy shit to care about the damn essences, PVP, who is doing what, who is doing who, and none of that can be replaced like someone's PVP suit, house, or even a donation item, as important as those things are. There is no system of replacement for it and it's lost until I rebuild it myself.

Trinsic Mayor

Last post for awhile your 14pages 2 late to play innoncent victium role now man. You made fun of me with pictures cursed me out called me everything under the  sun.You made fun of an Autistic child your a real piece of work guy. I didnt even post for 2 days you made fun of me had your little chuckles it was super fun huh. Now that push came to shove you got pushed.Now your some poor runebook libary makers that isnt a prick to people on this forum? When did this transformation happen? Did you magical find a religion or something? I mean if anyone wants to question this just look at the post where he tells me to suck his d***. 1-2 days later he is just a runebook libarian what a sweet innoncent guy.

Dleatherus

QuoteAs to Heartwood quests: I paged a month and a half ago about someone afk at the fletcher, but like all my pages, it went unanswered. I suppose it's because they have limited staff and are extremely busy, so don't feel like constantly checking heartwood to see if people are afk or not. I'm not staff, but I would make it illegal.

but this is my exact point ... it's NOT illegal to afk craft the heartwood quests

i'm not saying i'm a big fan of them, and personally i don't use them myself, though that's more a case of me being less computer savvy than most and having an awful conn, so if i had the ability i might well be running the quests in heartwood also

but the fact is, is that like it or not, whether it's a wise decision or not, whether i personally agree with it or not, this server allows for afk scripting that doesn't involve pvp/direct gold farming

QuoteRemember grinding Ele's for hours to get a few Fire and Toxic essences? But crafting relics would be fine???
to get what i would term the 'rarer' imbuing runes like the resists needs an amazing amount of grinding, and i'm still grinding eles for them lol, also rough stones are needed and those need to be hunted for also

on tokuno tuesdays i don my luck suit, take my pet and i can get a relic frag within an hour's worth or so of hunting,

as i sed, i don't script at all, and i have an abundance (had, since after an imbuing session i'm down to 9 relic frags now, it was 26), magical essences and enchanted essences i have quite a few of, for me they aren't hard to get using the quests and unravelling all the loot from a coin boss etc i'm rambling .. my point being is that without afk macroing essences, residues and relics aren't that difficult or hard to get it's the elemental essences and rough stones that are the tough parts, the elemental essences in particular

QuoteNow if instead, I could stand there, convert a bandage to the wood by some bug and then use the wood to craft the quest item and get my reward, I would consider that exploit. Would it be easier to purchase bolts of cloth and cut them into bandages instead of running around chopping trees? Shoot yea but I would suspect this probably shouldn't happen. If I decide to do it anyway, I shouldn't be surprised if I am punished for taking advantage of an exploit.

If you use EUO to script the entire process, from gathering wood, to crafting, to completing the quest, you are still following the process. If you use EUO to make bandages, convert it to wood, craft and then complete the quest, yea, you are following the process but taking advantage of an exploit while doing it.

i wholeheartedly agree with this, the example of converting bandages into wood is a good example of what i understand to be a bug or an exploit

but that's not, from my understanding, what's happening in the least ... it seems to me to be a direct parallel to the heartwood quests ... exceptional cleavers(i could be mistaken on the actual weapon) are being made with ingots that were legitimately (though again i'd bet huge money the ingots were also gathered using an afk script, legal on this server), the made items are put into a bag and unravelled, that unravelling produces magical residue that can be used in recipes or traded up (75 to 1 is the current 'exchange rate' i think)

so just like the heartwood quests, the macro is doing all the grinding for you ...

too easy? perhaps, but whether it's easy or not isn't the issue .. my point is how can afk macroing for runic kits to make tons of money and elite weapons be legal, and yet use basically the exact same script with a modification for the items being made,and make essences, residue and relic fragments that can make tons of money and elite items be illegal?

is it just me that is seeing the inconsistency here?

this is doing my head in lol

and my response isn't a slam or a flame on anybody, least of all Mahavira who i hold in high regard ... i'm genuinely wanting to discuss how the one can be allowed, and the other not

Belphegor

I never said you or I were not, in fact I've said quite the opposite of both of us. Prick.

Belphegor

Umm .. go tell someone I said that  :roll:

Rachel

Trinsic, you did not answer my question. And the bods were regarding afk BODers not people physically doing them. Also, try to use some sort of punctuation. Half of what you say is not discernible. I would really like your input, but I need to be able to decode it.

Cherrie

QuoteJaxtron Ok, found another post. Apparently it involved crafting something, unraveling it and converting the unraveled resource with the quest? Not sure what was crafted but I assume it wasn't with a runic hammer? I certainly have ideas but haven't tried it and wont.

it was a dagger that was being unraveled. costs very little ingots to make. I'm not clear on the rest of it, but I think it had a chance of yielding an enchanted essence.

Before anyone gets any ideas about me I have one account with 3 toons and none of them have imbuing on them. I mostly do tmaps and fish and anyone can tell you I have the shittiest gear in the game.

Anyhow I totally agree that there are waaaaaay too many gray areas on what is legal and what is illegal. I really do hope that Kon and Giz take the time to draw up very specific guidelines for the shard on exploits and then update the webpage and forum to reflect that. This is going to happen with every update we have. Somebody, old or new to the shard, is going to take advantage.

Serious Impact-

I still want BULLDAWG. Oh where has my little bulldawg gone.

Dleatherus

QuoteAnyhow I totally agree that there are waaaaaay too many gray areas on what is legal and what is illegal. I really do hope that Kon and Giz take the time to draw up very specific guidelines for the shard on exploits and then update the webpage and forum to reflect that.

thank you for bringing a voice of reason to the table :-)

Articus

Time for me to have a say i think :)

There were people that were crafting alot of residue/essence. This was deemed to be exploiting by Gizmo.

ALL imbeing materials were deleted from these accounts in question.

THIS IS NOT WHY PEOPLE'S ACCOUNTS WERE DELETED!!!!!!!!!!

People accounts WERE deleted because it was thought some were running more than the 3 Accounts you are allowed to have on Pandora. Some were running 3+ some were not.

I can only comment on my situation because i know the facts about it, so here goes.

I had 3 accounts running the night in question, Legal I know.

Sometime in the last month I had logged into Belegerandh's account to grab a few runebooks he had marked for me.

So i guess it appeared that our accounts were linked somehow via IP address (I don't know too much about the internet or RunoUo servers so....)

So it appeared i was runnning 4 accounts that night, which is of course illegal/exploiting The accounts in question were deleted.

I know other people crafting alot of residue/essence just had the materials deleted.

I know other accounts were deleted but I don't really want to specuate too much about what happened.

I can for sure that Bobby is a Similair truly innocent party in this matter just like Belegrandh.

I also know some other accounts were rightfully deleted because they were using more than 3 accounts, where as the case i provide above was a misunderstanding.

To sum up, unravelling mass amounts of residue was NOT the reason accounts were deleted!!
Anyone that says that is grossly misinformed!!

Just copied and paste from the other topic. Make sure everyone is clear on what happened.

Rival

Thank you art, This was and is what i understood to be the explanation.
Luckily though this is The rick roll section of the forums and i would just like to comment that i severely love that belegrandh got his house  plot in luna back :D

oh and this as well. just for you trinsic
[attachment=0:2ltxlxju]lololefd.jpg[/attachment:2ltxlxju]

Jaxtron

I want to comment on the "gray area" of exploits.

First most of us here are adults. I question that at times when reading some posts but more often than not most come across as adults. Being adults we also should have a certain amount of common sense. If something seems questionable, our first instinct should be to verify instead of taking advantage. Most have played this game long enough to know things happen that aren't exected.

We have training elementals. They work great and skill gain is very quick and can be done while afk.  Still it isn't instant. If they wanted it to be, we would all get multiple 100 skillballs.  Now if i am out hunting, find something i attack and gain several full points of skill, i am going to think  this is a bug and report it. Yea i can do the same with the training elementals but that still doesn't mean using this mob is how they meant it to be. If i report and am told all is well then yea i will use it. But if it goes against everything else that i have seen in the game, why would i think it is as expected?

What is wrong with expecting adults to use a bit of common sense and at least verify something questionable isn't in fact an issue?

Cherrie

Jaxtron, it's called ethics and I think some people just plain don't have them. Or they think this is J.A.G. so it doesn't matter. Anything you do that affects other people matters.

Both of your posts on this have been very well thought out and logical. With all the smoke and mirrors and red herrings from everyone, you kept the main point at hand, which is what no one else seems to have accomplished.

Rachel

To be honest none of you kept the main point. Read the initial post and read the title of the thread. Thank you Mahavira for having the common sense to make your own thread.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman