Please log in.

Re: Please Read.

Started by Despicable Me, September 02, 2010, 06:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despicable Me

i read...

bad idea

Statin

You realise there are 100s of thousands of items and mobs in the game.
A few pieces of minor decoration will make literally 0.0000001% difference to the server.

You should be more worried about the amount of times I die, thats a hell of a lot of corpses.

Demotic

Pointless rant in my opinion. I for one don't agree. Better understanding of English would help.

orange_peel

Quote from: StatinYou realise there are 100s of thousands of items and mobs in the game.
A few pieces of minor decoration will make literally 0.0000001% difference to the server.

You should be more worried about the amount of times I die, thats a hell of a lot of corpses.

I can attest to this.

Quote from: DemoticPointless rant in my opinion. I for one don't agree. Better understanding of English would help.

For starters your post contridicts itself; If you don't understand, then you can't disagree. Also, you're ignorant.

Jaxtron

One nice thing about this server is the balance. If you like pvp,you are more than welcome to run around felucca based lands fighting all you want. Trying to force others into your play style kind of defeats the purpose of the balance.

Cuemif

I agree with 1 thing in this post. Vote stones should be at other banks as well . that is all the rest is just well stupid

Jaxtron

QuoteNew postby Fury » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:44 am
not force other into felucca, forc others out of insula

But reading your original post, there are a few places that you specifically mention Felucca and seem somewhat anti-Trammel ("trammy newb", "Brit Bank felucca").  

That aside, if you aren't trying to force everyone out of Insula into a felucca based town, what is the point?  There is nothing preventing you from going to another town and playing with reds. If you want to go to Brit in Felucca, have at it.  If they kick everyone out of Insula and everyone goes to Brit in Trammel, what have you gained?  You still can't attack or be attacked.  How is that any different, being in a Trammel town as opposed to Insula?  I don't see the reason.

Another thing, if you split up the locations of where people are meeting (if Trammel, here, if Felucca, here), with a limited number of players, you make the population seem that much smaller.  This server is growing and is highly ranked but still, we have limited numbers.

I am all for changes if it makes the game better.  I don't see how this will change anything other than move players (including reds because they obviously hang out in Insula) to the Brit Bank in Trammel.

Dleatherus

there were other sets of voting stones originally ... i know 1 set existed by brit bank, not sure if there were any others ... i forget why Kon consolidated them all into the one set in insula, server stability or easier to track fraudulent voting

Jar Jar

I sort of agree with everyone on this 1.

I agree with fury in that reds should congregate at brit bank fel, would force more pvp especially factions :)  Everyone being at insula to hangout is really quite dull imo lol.

However its not really an easy fix, i agree with whoever said that getting rid off insula will just force em to go to brit bank trammel. I personally dont see a way of making fel bb the hangout spot other than players organising it themselves ingame. Only thing i can think of is having a "gate room" icon on gate list, remove insula, bb trammel and bb fel from actual gate list so ppl have to go into the gate room then to the gates themselves to get to these places. and maybe the gate room could be felucca but in guarded zone? so reds can be attacked but all blues are safe as houses?

Kon started to make a brilliant gate room in termur that IF was pvp would be the perfect spot for my above idea.  :)

Jaxtron

QuotePostby Fury » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:22 am
Geez i just want people to hang out of insula expecialy those who are red and in factions it will creat more pvp.

Nothing is stopping you from hanging out at the Brit Bank in Felucca.  Start a movement to get the reds and like-minded blues to start congregating in Felucca instead of Insula.  It doesn't take a GM making major changes to get the community behind an idea if there are enough that like that idea.  And Jar Jar is correct, this isn't an easy fix and will most likely take a concerted effort of the community to decide on and create a PvP hot spot.  

As for a common gate room, I have no problem with that but unless you remove recalling to the new trammel hot spot (be it Brit bank or where ever if Insula were removed), the gate room won't do much for the situation either.  Occasionally I will hit a gate for Ilshenar or the coin/donation room, but that's about it.

Sorry Fury, I don't mean to keep picking at this but it isn't as easy as just removing Insula.  I understand what you want but just moving hotspots from one safe spot to another won't get everyone involved in PvP to a desired area.

dg_w

Meh .. Kinda like it how it is ..

I do not PVP, dont want to PVP. I enjoy this shard due to its  PVP / PVM options.
I enjoy havinig Insula as an active hub of people. With just a 100 or so people online its a great place to meet up, a hive of activity.  Maybe even put the shop gaters across the river by the newbie dungeon.

If the reds want to meet somewhere else, thats fine, and I can see the point, but it has to be organised in game by the PVP people.. Not by changing the overall shard for ALL players

Belphegor

If you're wanting more action then why not create it? If you can, go kill someone somewhere and they'll advertise you well enough and that will bring the others out of Insula and to you.

Just attacking most Trammies will cause enough of a scene to produce your desired effects.

Karzack

I'm the same as dg_w.  I'm just not really into pvp.  I like Insula the way it is, because it's a nice hub.  I think it's nice that anyone can pop in, red or blue, and just socialize, get what they need, etc.  A bit of work has been put in to make Insula the way it is.  Let's just keep it that way and allow us all to use it.

And as for encouraging pvp.  I see "i wish to duel" quite a bit in Insula.  I also see pvp tournament messages quite a bit.  I don't know how many people join, but I see the messages pop up.

Tsunadi

I agree in the fact that it is quite boring that the main town is a trammel town ive played here for a month and as of yet i havn't seen any field pvp,exceot for me getting pk'd out of town :P, people here are saying that if you want to mess with reds then you can go somewhere in felucca but we all know thats not how it works, you dont organise a fight with your enemies. I Think its the spontaniety that makes it fun. Reds never know how many people are going to be at bank and u dont know how many friends they have waiting at the edge of town when you chase them out etc. On another note stealing is like the most pointless skill in the world here. Nobody likes being stolen from i know but it keeps you on your toes plus i like being able to nosey in peoples backpacks.

Kellyn

OMG! All of you need to use spell check or something! Wow...

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman