Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

is there a quest to go from elf/ human to gargoyle?

Started by Squeeke, January 03, 2013, 01:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squeeke

apparently gargoyles are the best race to play.  Throwing seems to be an only gargoyle skill and I wish to have a character with every skill.  I refuse to have any extra characters so this is an important question for myself.  Not going to spend anymore time raising another character. 

TheGrimReaper

No you can't turn into gargoyle and no it's not the best race to play if you are interested in having challenges. I admit it can do some serious dmg in PvM and PvP. And throwing is not only a gargoyle skills. Humans/ elfs have throwing axes and those throwing nets but they can only be bought with PvP coins.

Horns Nigel

I agree with grim, but if your looking for imbuing, you cannot beat a garg with 120 imbuing and a port forge....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

ieshabones

gargoyles cant have archery though as far as I know so your really not getting anymore skills.

On a side note if more people joined these pvp events I would have more pvp coins.

I mean it would be more fun and practice for everyone as well as a free way to learn a few pvp tips and tricks, even if you don't pvp ( you may have to defend yourself sometime)

TheGrimReaper

Saturn

Quote from: Horns Nigel on January 03, 2013, 03:59:05 PM
I agree with grim, but if your looking for imbuing, you cannot beat a garg with 120 imbuing and a port forge....Nigel

The bonus garg characters get with imbuing is only really apparent with lower skill levels. As you go higher with imbuing, the bonus gets less less. At 120, with a doni forge, the bonus would not even be noticeable, if at all.
I have an elven character with 120imbue and doni forge, and i do all my own imbuing just fine.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Thatperson

There are several differences between gargs and elf/human, its not possible to "have it all".. Yes, gargs have throwing but they cannot use archery. gargs can fly so they can have all pet slots fighting and still move at mounted speed but they cannot mount pets ever. elves are great for making tough chars as they get 75 energy resist and their night sight frees up an imbue slot. .
The only race to avoid is human as thier "jack of all trades" ability is useless on a no skill cap shard and with the 600 stone weight limit on your backpack and 827 stone rated carry ability at 225 strength makes the "strong back" ability useless too with humans.
Good luck :)

Saturn

Im pretty sure humans get an extra hit point regeneration over elves and gargs...But with maxed gear, thats not that big of a win.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Mercathane

Remember u can filter lighting in razor and never worry about night sight anyways folks.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

TheGrimReaper

Well i'm a human and i think i'm doing pretty great here. :D Oh sorry i'm Grim Reaper *Evil Smile*

Dwarvey

But lack of night site makes it more fun. And more like the original OSI where I had to cast it before I went dungeon crawling. It was a fun quirk I got used to.

Thatperson

@Dwarvey.. You know what i remember the olddays when i was a dexxer and had to run round looking for a mage to in lor me :) it was fun, and i forget how nice the lighting effects are at my house n stuff on my elf but it is functional hehe

Dwarvey

I actually took off all my nightsite items when I was doing the deco at my Castle just to get a good effect for the lighting, and find those hiding spots for lights. They illuminate, but are hidden by walls and stuff.

Just makes it more interesting for me personally.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman