Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

House Placement Rules?

Started by Oniel, May 26, 2013, 11:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniel

What are the exact details on house placement? OSI was 1 clear tile all the way around the house, and 8 tiles from the house in front of you.. This doesnt seem to be the case here.

Voxpire

3 tiles around the house, it used to be 5.
There isn't any documentation to suggest it's only 1 tile, none that I can find anyway.

Oniel

Well this doesnt seem to be working right then, example.. lets say i find a spot that will fit a 14x14 size house.. i can place a 7x7 all around the 14x14 area, even 1 tile from trees, rocks ect.. just fine, but when i try to drop the 14x14 in the spot it wont go... also, if its 3 tiles.. then how did i place my 18x18 1 tile away from my castle, i see houses all over the world that are 1 tile from the other house :) im not complaining, just frustrated. I havent found any documentation on it either... but im willing to bet the house that it was 1 tile :) thanks for the info, now i know why i cant squeeze the same house i had on OSI in the same spot i had back then :) on here.

Voxpire

If you check the bug tracker forums, general support forums and logged in to the test shard, then you wouldn't be as frustrated because you'd know we've known about the placement issue for a while and it's been fixed for the next patch.

Oniel

Well i did alot of research and haven't been able to come up with much, I did however find this article on UO Stratics, by the looks of the photo, its 1 tile all the way around and 5 in front. But its not a definite, ill keep searching it has to be listed somewhere :)

Article: http://uo.stratics.com/homes/betterhomes/bhc_placing.shtml

Oniel

Well the very next article i found has the answer :) like i said before i know this is not OSI but  i wanted to be sure i was right and not out of my mind:

To place a house, you must be sure that you have a level open spot for your house that is free of obstructions (including rocks, trees, and plants) throughout the entire footprint of the house. There is also a 'buffer zone' around the house of five tiles north and south and one tile east and west that cannot contain these objects, other houses, guildstones, or other game structures. This buffer zone is to insure that houses are not able to block passage through their placement. The ground where you wish to place your house must be flat, as uneven ground will usually prevent the placement of a house. Houses cannot be placed in a justice region, or any region that is zoned for no housing.

Im pretty sure the 5 behind the house is the other house owners responsibility,  As seen in the picture above, but it seems it is 1 tile as i suspected.

Will the new patch fix the "I wish to resize my house"

Article @ EA Help: https://help.ea.com/in/article/house-placement

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111