Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

POLL! Change FC FCR to lower cap!

Started by Zephyr, August 03, 2010, 05:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyr

i would like you to post a yes or no for the change.

i propose that the shards fc/fcr cap 2/6 like osi... or even 3/5!  who feels the same?

yes= change it
no= keep it.

RaWrPwNt

Yes change it. Its not balanced at all.

RaWrPwNt

Yes Change it. Its not balanced at all. Not only do they have insane fc/fcr. they have LMC, LRC, INT+ , Focus, Meditation, And other things aswell. I saw a mage cast 6 Flamestrikes in a row. Now come on, Thats rediculus.

Deadmau5

You can't lower the fc/fcr cap to 2/6 because then you would need to lower the total stats players could have and possibly remove some mods from some items.

The reason why 2/6 works on OSI is because players are capped at 255 max stats and can not have mods the way we do on necklaces, earrings, or talismans.  With 255 max stats if you wanted 150 dex that means you only have 105 left for str and int so dexxers often can't run with 150 dex on OSI or else they have no hp or mana.

Increasing the stat cap like pandora did allowed for a faster fc/fcr cap because dexxers could achieve faster bandage and swing timers.  Changing one would mean changing both.

Deadmau5

QuoteNot only do they have insane fc/fcr. they have LMC, LRC, INT+ , Focus, Meditation, And other things aswell.

Rawr a good dexxer would have all of this as well.  Maybe not INT+ but it would be DEX+.  On OSI most dexxers are often human for jack of all trades and wear all leather or mage armor like mages do to gain benefits of meditation.  They also use lmc and actually need lrc even less than mages do but a reg bag solves that for both.

Zephyr

difference is dexxers have to be next to you to do their insane dmg... mages can be 5 tiles away csating 6 flamestrikes before you get close enough to swing.

Mahavira

6 Flame Strikes? What? You're crazy. Don't exaggerate.

More importantly, cast to interrupt! You cannot be a pure dexxer on this shard. You cannot be a pure mage. You have to incorporate both. Hell, I wanted to be a pure mage, but I wouldn't be competitive, so I'm evolving.

Just earlier, dueling RaWr, he was bitching that I spammed him with lightning. First off, he was in wraith form. Ok, you realize that makes you move slower? You honestly think you're going to leech my mana pool down? Next, try Paralyzing Blow. You can hit a mage, you can paralyze them. Then try Armor Ignore when they are para'd. Both abilities can be used with a Spear (very fast weapon, too!). That's quite a bit of damage. All set up, from one hit!

It's more about your poor tactics, a dexxer based hybrid can be an efficient fighter on this shard. Isn't that what Chronic Bomb is?

Learn from your mistakes.

Deadmau5

This being an all skills shard I suppose I was not aware that dexxers could not swap weapons in battle between archery / throwing and melee items.  Chivalry and Necro both benefit from fc / fcr and dexxers can use both if they use them widely.  Even on OSI dexxers can run with 4/8 casting for chivalry or 2/6 necro.

TrashyNewb

with 4fc for all casting skills it really takes away from much diversity.

Kontact

keep fc/fcr as 4/8 without 4/8 mages are fucking nothin. ive played a shard with a 2/6 cap and all u get is a bunch of fucking tards who claim they are good coz they can spam bandies. I reckon, grow some balls, make some hotkeys, and diversify YOURSELFS to make use of the 4/8 fc fcr. chay?

Articus

Caps are not going to change.

Has been mentioned before in this post and many others.

If you want to be competitive in PvP you MUST incorparate casting, look back through previous posts for some great tips from different people on PvPing.

Start saving your fc?fcr jewels and save some imbueing ingredients get yourself upto 4/4 or 4/6 and start making some more hotkeys for stuff like Kontact says.

Kind of a useless topic if you ask me, (or Kon I bet :) )

Seeya all out in Pandora, :)

At least it might get some people to forget about that risk or reward topic......... :)

madegowarrior

This is a good post I am three weeks old and I am learning a lot from this. I will definitely read older posts as well to diversify my tactics.

RaWrPwNt

Im just saying. Forcing people to become hybrids, and Forcing people to use casting spells. Its a downfall. and it will mostlikley be "the" downfall.

Deadmau5

No one is forcing anyone to become hybrids or use casting spells.  But dexxers who refrain from using casting spells are not using all of their abilities available to them and then complaining about how they can't compete.

Astax

You guys are getting very passionate. I will say that I can tell from where I am (Not involved in pvp at all atm) that stuff on Pandora is not exactly what you would call "Balanced." Lets work on this together.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman