Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Valentine Event a day early(feb 13th) + some info for those that has missed.

Started by GM NollKoll, February 08, 2016, 09:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Des Sanct

Quote from: treefer1 on February 12, 2016, 12:51:00 AM
Yeah pvp'ers are a fickle bunch for sure, even on OSI whole guilds would get transfer tokens moving shard to shard constantly looking for the ever elusive good battles of old. Their moneys nice as they leave a trail of stench and decay across the lands and eventually drive non pvp'ers back to tram or to other shards or games... then move on. Far as I'm concerned pvp'ing died for me with scripting 3rd party programs as well as the implementation of Trammel. I just play for fun killing mobs and getting neat items any more myself.

So.. this debate could rage on and on, back and forth for a millennia. Guess the GM's will just have to decide for themselves what's best for their own shard in the end. As they say.. It's their world and we are just playing in it..=)

Anyways.. can't wait either way for sure. Great to see some new lands and goodies to fill my pack and trophy houses with. Thanks for all the hard work guys, can't say enough about this shard and your awesome events to others. Played some real doozie shards in the past. This ones definitely home for me.

And there's my point! What makes what you do now, any different than if the new lands were in the felucca facet? Are you going to quit over the fact you can't farm your own new items? No, Otherwise you wouldn't be here now. You are currently content with the system provided. Again, I am not trying to knock you on your opinion, rather than open up your eyes to the true value of how pvp helps to establish a shard. I've tried pulling a few dozen people to Pandora over the last 6 months. They come here and leave after a week due to the lack of fighting. WE HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING TO APPEAL TO AN ADDED PLAYERBASE!!! If I am wrong, then correct me with facts. At one time this shard had well over 200 unique players. I remember times when 150 people were all on and playing at the same time. We used to have 30 vs 30 vs 20 battles. People were DONATING on a daily basis! We didn't have to resort to a failing vote system. Word of mouth about the fighting was luring new players to the shard.
Do you know what the definition of insanity is? Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. Wouldn't you say that's where we currently stand? All I am saying, is some of us have been making noise and being shut down for quite some time now. The people who don't want involved in the pvp have been getting catered to. Thats fine. However, lets be fair and equal to both sides of the coin. The other way has yet to prove successful. Why not try what the rest of us have been begging for?

zaxarus

Before i will write something i need to quote some of the things that have been said. Two of those to make sure EVERYONE can read this.

Des Sanct said:
QuoteI don't think many of you realize how strong this shard was as far as population is concerned. The amount of donations it was bringing in when pvp had a purpose. Yes we may field 45 on a high day, but we all know most of those chars logged in are bots for farming resources/bods. The reason we have lost all of the player base....we lost PVP! Whether you like it or not, that is a factual statement. I am sure Kon can even attest to the declining numbers, since all of the fighting has diminished.
So many of you spam about voting. I vote almost every day. The sites we vote on generally have Pandora listed as Top 1 or 2. Guess what? Our playerbase isn't growing. Some old players of the shard peek in on occasion and then leave for 6 months or more because there is ZERO pvp. THEY ARE ALL GOING TO SHARDS THAT ARE PVP HEAVY! So.. those players are still spending money on items to play, THEY SHOULD BE SPENDING IT HERE, but they're not.
QuotePandora has pvp for free, between the dailypvp and the battles and we cant even get that. It's time for a change on this shard. We have been catering to the wrong crowd. Am I wrong? Look at our events, "NO PVP" or in tram rulesets, so we can farm the hell out of items that will be worthless in a month.
QuoteWhat makes what you do now, any different than if the new lands were in the felucca facet? Are you going to quit over the fact you can't farm your own new items? No, Otherwise you wouldn't be here now.
QuoteI remember times when 150 people were all on and playing at the same time. We used to have 30 vs 30 vs 20 battles.
QuoteAll I am saying, is some of us have been making noise and being shut down for quite some time now. The people who don't want involved in the pvp have been getting catered to. Thats fine. However, lets be fair and equal to both sides of the coin. The other way has yet to prove successful. Why not try what the rest of us have been begging for?
Sorry for these long quotes.
But you couldn't say this any better.
I also remember these times and those were good times: Newbies had to be very careful, you'd have to hunt in groups to make sure you're able to defend your spawns. There was global activity, including the world chat. Let there be some smack talk (as long as it doesn't get too personal), what does it matter? All it does is showing that the server is active and far from dead. When i was new here i obviously had no chance against established players. So what? I had to try or run away - and it was fun, thrilling and exciting. Was there anger and frustration? Of course. But that moment you were able to defend yourself properly... it was amazing. And no matter if you lose, win or whatever the outcome will be. In the end you will be gladful that something happened. This is called INTERACTION.
The interaction now is basically reduced to trades or guild hunts without any disturbances aka raids. Don't you think that can be boring sometimes...?^^
This is why we need PvP and the new lands HAVE TO BE FEL.
I can't understand how you wouldn't want this! I really can't. Even if you are no PvPer at all: You will be able to defend your grounds because of numbers or just because someone comes to your assistance. Whatever it will be: At the end of the day you might admit to yourself that this was really fun and you deserved your gold, scrolls and items.
Maybe we're nostalgic, Des, I and all those who are trying to get the PvP going again. Sure we are. But the same time we KNOW what it can do and achieve for the server!
It was a mistake to mess with weapons, abilities and spells. Cause the system worked as it was. And it was a mistake to change certain places to Tram. It would be a huge mistake if the new lands would become Tram, too.
Making areas Trammel proved this: Many players lost interest...

Flint said:
QuoteFel Tram?? Why not both?? Its all on a region controller so why not go both? Go 2 weeks tram 2 weeks fel. This way " ALL " can enjoy the new area. Its Just a simple click of a switch. And the easy way to let everyone know what rules are in effect is to go to a town crier type news and let the crier say for example from Feb 1st through Feb 14th New lands are under Tram Rule set. As far as the champ my suggestion is while under Tram Rules drop the gold rate.
No. No. And no.
This is by far the weirdest and - sorry - most useless suggestion on this. Don't take it personal, but what would happen then?
I tell you:
All of you would go there when it's Trammel, get all the nice stuff to use or sell it. And during the "Fel Weeks" the place would be empty. Could just make it Tram only then...
Compromises are always a good way for diplomats.
But this is a problem that needs a clear result. You want Tram or Fel? There shouldn't be a middle ground and no half solutions.
That's why it has to be Fel. You will go there anyway. The difference is that you might have to earn your stuff in different ways than turning on your macro and stop paying attention...
We want ACTIVITY. Don't you get it?

treefer said:
Quote(...) as well as the implementation of Trammel
Then why in the world should a new area be Trammel then???

Yea, i will fight for this to be Fel with a passion. ;)

Tys

"My name is my name."

treefer1

Dunno guys.. I like ya Des, I do but there really isn't much of anything I'd agree with you on except PS's in Donation store being a really bad idea. I can agree with some of Tys' arguments but not many. Just two complete different reasons for us playing the game.

Doesn't seem to be much of any compromise from pvp'ers whatsoever really. Probably why they come and go. At least I gave a viable option which truly isn't even much of a compromise at all if all you TRULY wanted was some killing action... You'd have that in spades. Fel rules and major drops coming pre-insured is like you having your cake and eating it too. I'd think you guys would jump all over that if nobody was out to control the new area and it's goods. heck I know I'd come and fight ya guys if attacked. probably everyone would if that were the case.

But anyways I can; unlike many, play on complete off hours if such is not the case. So I at least will get to enjoy the new lands without too much grief if not many others do.

Welp..enough about this for me I've said what I thought needed said as probably have you. What comes from the almighty GM's comes. Don't forget all... there's a Valentines day event come Saturday.. Rare Slasher or something I think Noll said.

zaxarus

Quote from: GM NollKoll on February 10, 2016, 04:36:07 AM
will add a timer to infested aswell, where they will just dissipear (and possible leave a pile of infested goo on the ground), until i figure out a better way (which cannot be exploited et.c et.c.)
The timer i will have in the beginning will be 2h.

Then may i suggest to raise the timer on Injectors to 24 hrs or so (like peerless keys)?
Tys

"My name is my name."

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111