Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

More PvP Rambling's

Started by Articus, June 28, 2010, 02:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaWrPwNt

No one seems to be understanding the fact that were NOT complaining that its capped at 2 seconds. Im a garg at it took me a LONG time to acheive 214 dex, What were saying is that the heal time is INFACT NOT 2 seconds long. Now if you want to say its lag on my end or the players end your wrong, my ping is 48, theres no way i have a 4-6 second lag overall, theres no way i would be able to fight anyone if so,  What were trying to say is that theres something WRONG with the calculations that were inputed. With 214 dex i should NOT be getting 6-9 second heals.. im sorry but no matter how you look at it or what calculations you think you did right, There wrong. and ALL the dexxers are saying it.

AND to say that they should just take up spellcasting.. do you not see that dexxers are called dexxers for a reason? Dexxer - HIGH DEX?? Low INT? if we dropped the dex for more int out bandage timer would be hindered EVEN more..

Dleatherus

it was posted in your other thread by gizmo that it's being addressed rawrpwnt ... chill a little ... rescripting takes a little more than closing yer eyes and clicking yer ruby red slippers  :lol:

Articus

I guess we stirred something up here a little bit huh??

Time for a little rant from Articus, bear with me folks......  :)

I started pvp a couple months ago with little knowledge or experience, I know i keep repeating that to everyone sorry.....

I started on more of a dexxer character because i figured it would be a lot more simpler to start with. You know take baby steps when you first start walking. I began with maybe 5-10 hot-keys for different things, It was fun. I was getting beaten by most, learning alot and even winning some duels every so often. Slowly building my skills, hot-keys, and character into something that would be more competitive.
Now everybody knows someone that just playes a dexxer that doesn't incorparate casting CANNOT be competive on this shard. This isn't going to change, Nor should we attempt to change this fact.

The thing that really sticks out as a point to myself is, it is a SIMPLE way for people to get into PvP, Just like myself. Have some fun and work on thier skills and ideas on a strategy that works for them.

My Fear is this simple way of introducing new people to pvp/duels has been taken away somewhat. Someone attempting to fight as a newbie dexxer will not stay alive more than a couple seconds.

When I was starting out I was at least able to stay alive with the bandies for a little while, watch and learn what people casted at me, think of different things I could do to fight back.

EVERYBODY here wants more people to get into PvP. Nobody will argue that!

Remember this is just my point of view drawn from my actual experience on Pandora.

Thanks for your time, seeya in game.

Articus/Anderson

King Kong

Gizmo and I are looking into the bandaids --

and RaW got himself thrown in Jail today for talking garbage over and over in world chat. If there is something you dont like - send in a page and we will look into it, dont say in world chat

"if they dont fix this I quit"

Remember world chat is a privilege, and I can take it away from you very fast. So RaW wanted to quit till we fixed it, well Giz is AFK right now, so I put him and Giz next to each other in jail until Giz returns. I mean nothing else to do in game if you think your bandaids are a little slow right?
 :roll:

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Articus

Like anything in Life, No particulair Solution/Fix will suit everybody. This usually must be overlooked and a solution made that in this case is the best for "the Shard".
Myself and i have no doubt the majority of people that read this forum have absolute faith in Kon/Gizmo's decisions and fixes relating to Pandora.

For anybody that is really having a tough time with things.

Suck it up and look forward to whatever you enjoy  :lol:  rather than focusing on something that makes you a little  :evil:

This is a LIFE rule not just a UO rule!!!!

Life is great we all must enjoy it.  :D

Domos

I understand why he got so upset, a dexxer is screwed without bandaids,  but in the end it will be fixed and go back to normal, just got to be patient. Balancing takes time, some changes wont work and will be to corrected, shit happens.

Dleatherus

screwed .. that's a tough one to answer

i know that how i play(ed) a dexxer is screwed, but that actually isn't all bad

here's my thinking behind that (and i speak purely for myself, not dexxers in general):

with the way things were i could heal myself relatively quickly just with aids .. i rarely had to reach for a pot ... basically with my bow i wos a 1 trick pony ... the change is making so that, if i want to remotely be a challenge in a pvp fight, i have to broaden my repertoire of tactics

if we were on an osi shard with 7xgm skill cap i'd be complaining i think .. with the huge array we have here, this gives us the incentive to be creative and incorporate dex into something more than the standard template ... means more work and effort, but probably more reward and survivability down the road

one thing most of us, whichever 'side' of the discussion we're on, seem to agree that if it becomes apparent that it's imbalanced, they'll tweak it to try and make it work, and THAT i think is really important to understand ... the goal is to try and balance, not nerf us or piss us off .. i have faith it'll work out, and if it doesn't, we'll lure kon & gizmo for a nice little bbq and lop their heads off  :twisted:

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman