Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Enhanced Client and UOSALOADER

Started by cagle06, May 30, 2012, 06:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cagle06

I have been trying for 3 days now to get into Pandora. I am able to get logged in without incident on the 2D client. I am however more interested in playing the game with the enhanced client. I have only been able to locate UOSALOADER version 2.2. I have made attempts thru runuo.com and other websites and emails to get a working version of this file.

Angel0178

Personally, I find the graphics of the EC great, but, and I am saying this through personal experience (I have had this happen) when you die, the gump for getting rezzed is very hard to see. The okay, and cancel buttons aren't there. Also, the moongate buttons can not be seen as well. I would suggest sticking with the Classic Client. Also, I am going to move this topic to the General Discussion forum.

King Kong

Pandora is the most up to date shard, so it can handle anything the EC Client throws at it. But the problem comes with in game windows like mentioned above etc. It can be used, but it has far too many problems to officially support it.

If someone wants to create a new UO SALoader for Pandora with the latest client I will add it to the Wiki.

But pay shards themselves barley have people who play with the EC client, it's not hated by all, but most will play 2D regardless. The demand to support it fully just simply isn't there.

If someone wants to create an SALoader for it, I will happily post it on Wiki. That's how we have always handled it, a player would make the loader, we would stick it up there.  8-)

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

The Grixxitt

I found a working UOSA loader from here
<!-- m -->http://runuo.theabyss.eu/?files<!-- m -->

I just need to update the IP files for pandora instead of the other server and I 'should' be able to connect

Edit: its 208.115.227.82 and it works

download the uosa and cheese.cfg and dll from that other sight, then update the cheese.cfg to say     208.115.227.82:2593 instead of whatevers in there, save the file, run uosaloader and pandora comes up just fine.

Big thanks to the guys from the other sight for doing all the crunch work for me

Sparks

Quote from: "The Grixxitt"Can anyone tell me the IP for Pandora?

http://runuo.theabyss.eu/?files

I just need to update the IP files for pandora instead of the other server and I 'should' be able to connect

208.115.227.82 port 2593

The Grixxitt

Quote from: "Sparks"208.115.227.82 port 2593

Caught me while I was editing but it works just fine. This is pretty cool.

As a side, the first time I tried just hitting the uosa loader, the login screen came up so I just put anything in there, hit a random shard and got logged in to somebodys account on Atlantic.

Havent decided what to do just yet lol

The Grixxitt

Also, you (apparently) cant create characters in enhanced, but once you do so in the classic client you can play them just fine with enhanced client

King Kong

Official Paid shards are working on making the Enhanced ACTUALLY 3D and much more playable for those who liked 2D -- As we keep up to date, more than likely we will be the first shard to offer this.

But we have to go at their pace. But I will keep you posted -- That's why we kind of been taking our time for full EC client support.

I am going to sticky this for anyone else who wants to play EC sometimes.  (take note it does have some natural bugs in it, we cannot answer most of them right now, but you can leave a reply here for a organized place for support)

King Kong

Seems Enhanced Client has a client update -- if someone can find another Loader please post it here to handle the client version

cagle06

Quote from: The Grixxitt on June 13, 2012, 06:44:47 PM

download the uosa and cheese.cfg and dll from that other sight, then update the cheese.cfg to say     208.115.227.82:2593 instead of whatevers in there, save the file, run uosaloader and pandora comes up just fine.

Big thanks to the guys from the other sight for doing all the crunch work for me

I tried to do this but it didn't work. I have windows 7. I had to go thru dos after updating the cfg and rename it from a text doc to a cfg file

King Kong

Quote from: cagle06 on June 25, 2012, 07:57:27 PM

I tried to do this but it didn't work. I have windows 7. I had to go thru dos after updating the cfg and rename it from a text doc to a cfg file

Because you didn't read the post right above yours.

Pandora is latest client so it can handle any client, including EC -- But paid shards are re-working it and quite frankly the EC is garbage right now, that is why OSI is re doing the entire thing. We will support it as a team once this happens.

drayln

Has the EC been reworked at this time and is it usable in its current state. After following the instructions on the wiki AVG said the loader was a virus and I kept getting permission errors when trying to run the exe. I am of course running as admin. My setup though may have caused it. I have 128gb SSD and 1tb data drive. Install all games to the data drive. So when I unzipped the loader exe it put it in the folder with the enhanced client that i downloaded from UO.com. I prefer to play with the EC if it is possible. Any help would be appreciated. I apologize if I overlooked the answer to this on the forums. I searched and found the October thread of 2012 but that zip is doing the same thing.

Voxpire

We currently don't officially support the EC client.

The reason as to why AVG thinks it's a virus is probably because the loader tries to edit the memory of the client process, I've disassembled the loader previously to see how it works and it's clear of any virus.
Though this may not be the case, depending on where you downloaded it.
Some of the info on the Wiki needs heavy review and updates.

We are planning to develop our own EC loader eventually, but strongly recommend the Classic Client because of it's general stability.

sebastian

this files work server ? 3d

sebastian

This causes the server does not support 3d  still do not understand and do not want to play file

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman