Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

The Worst Sin

Started by King Kong, September 04, 2013, 01:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Let this be your only warning for the worst sin on Pandora.

I have had reports of vet players taking advantage of other vets by making new chars, and pretending to be brand new players and getting all this free stuff from them.

This is the worst kind of person who has zero respect for our shard and players. I don't want you here.

If I catch you doing this, and I will as I will check all associated accounts and logs of that new player if a vet gives you stuff... you will be perma banned in an instant. - No questions asked.

Vets - I know I spoke to most of you, but whenever you do help a new player out, send me their exact name for me to scout them. (Exact name as in caps, lower-cases, etc.)

Helping a new player is how this shard grows and the core way we can survive. Those who abuse this are scum. Let this be your only warning.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

wmalone

its sad to think folks would even think to do that

regards
crenshaw

Cronk

sad, but not even slightly surprising. 

the community here is amazingly generous.  it's really unlike any other UO experience I've ever had :P

Electo Jason

I always think that when I am offering new players help.  Usually the first thing I do when I see a new player is give them a check for 1 millions and most times a lot of other items as well.  Obviously I would rather keep the money and sell the stuff so I can continue to build myself up but I know how hard it is to get started.  Also if by me helping someone from another shard once keeps them on our shard and helps it to continue to grow it is worth it in my eyes.
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Keeblerboy

Jason I couldn't agree more.  Giving aid with gold, some gear an perhaps a nice home helps set the tone for our community of players.  Most of the new players I've come across have played with friends on other shards and still keep in touch with them.  Nothing like word of mouth to help as well.  This is a target demographic to help bring other player to us. Just when I think I'm doing something good I have to be aware of possibly being taken advantage of.  Glad I saw this post.

It's nice to help for the sake of helping.  The new vet players coming in know what it took to get the gold , gear etc and are very appreciated. The new players quickly realize how much help they recieved.  I hope I wasn't duped by helping someone who was taking advantage of my generosity.   Like Kon said "Scum".

Keebs

Horns Nigel

Agreed, I have often wondered if I had been scammed in the past, I.used to buy new players homes, but now I don't have too as Kon gives them a new home.  People have always been very generous on this shard, , I like to get them in the guild before I go all out with money and imbueing......Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Gray

Really?..... Why would you even want to do this? Isn't most of the fun of this game, building as you go?...I mean...we don't even have to build skills anymore (which I don't like)!!!  I mean...sheesh...
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people that annoy me.

Ladibug

I used to help out new players often, but then I stopped because I'd give them so much and do so much for them, and they'd stop playing or turn into a jerk. So now if we recruit someone into the guild, and I get to know them a bit...then I'll go all out for them. I don't mind at all. We save up equipment for this very purpose. But I did not know that veteran players were making new characters and asking other vets for things. How sad.

And honestly, this is the EASIEST shard I've ever played to start up on. Especially now, that you get what, 100k? and a house deed? and all GM skills? Really no excuse why you can't go out and farm your own gold easily.
I <3 my Soul Family

ChickeN

This is a great post for new and vet players alike, Kon taking a stand to protect our vet players while making sure we as vets can offer help to new players to our server without the thought of is this all for nothing or am I being scammed.. I applaud your actions on this topic and back them 100% King.. our vets are some of the most freely giving players I've ever seen! this makes me happy to know we're also being looked out for here!

Electo Jason

I know ever the beginning Chicken thought I was someone else when he was hooking me up with stuff :)
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

King Kong

Quote from: Gray on September 04, 2013, 11:31:14 AM
Really?..... Why would you even want to do this? Isn't most of the fun of this game, building as you go?...I mean...we don't even have to build skills anymore (which I don't like)!!!  I mean...sheesh...

Yes. But you have a long way to go from a couple mil checks and small house on you. --

Many players, have played UO over and over again, shard after shard. It is a genre game.. Most of us had played OSI growing up, taking 6 months to GM 1 skill -- We been there done that. -- Some people still like to do that, but 90% I have found over 5 years do not. -- They want to play, explore, pvp, pvm, etc.

I like your way of thinking tho. Old School.  :P

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Thatperson

when i started it took me months to convince kitti and some others that i wasnt chicken, lol.
they all thought "that person" was the kind of joke chicken would play and because i never asked anyone for anything they figured i must already have it all lol..
i try to help new players where i can, some will bug you for the very shirt off your back, but its the ones who are determined to do it all themselves that i shower with money and aid, they will try to refuse items and i will just drop it on the floor and say "if you dont take it ill just let it rot" hehe

ChickeN

hahah nice to hear I've been mistaken for such a loyal Pandorian... and I agree TP the ones who wont take a "handout" are the ones I go after as well.. and I quote handout cause I don't feel that's what it is when try'n to get a new player started here.. but I have been think hard about this topic and IMO only I feel that UO isn't the only game some of these players are playing.. it almost feel like some ppl and not all or even close to that.. I mean a small fraction of ppl seem to find intrest in getting over on there fellow players for some reason.. with sooo much to do on Pandora, you'd think how do they find the time?? lol

Cyrusmcvale

I ignore the beggers and look for people hunting and help them out with gear or drop a check for them..sometimes just a total random check hehe

Horns Nigel

Agreed, cant stand the beggars, would much rather help out the newbie mining and chopping wood, they are still out there, I remember those days, except in the Ol days we were always running from reds  :o  ...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111