Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Cure Potions 2/12/2011

Started by King Kong, February 12, 2011, 02:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Cure potions now have a 20 second delay on them.

Thank you players for speaking up about this.

Stay Tuned, more to come.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Co Kane

I'm all for a delay on cure pots but 20 seconds is a bit much. A greater heal is only 10 seconds. 10 seconds should be the max, I still think thats to long. If your going to keep it at 20 seconds you need to nerf the mortal timer. You can only eat an apple every 2 minitues and 30 seconds, if you have negative karma your not going to be able to use remove curse. Yeah you can say raise your karma then but then that weakeans your necro spells.

Anyway 20 Seconds is way to long for a cure pot on this server.
L|D

Mahavira

You're saying poisoning is overpowered now, but you want to nerf mortal? That would only make it more overpowered. The reason mortal and bleed are more effective methods for stopping your opponents heals, is that you actually have to hit your opponent with a melee attack. With poisoning, we can just cast poison a few times or use darts and shurikens, which never miss. But it's also very easy to get rid of poison (and it's still very easy to get rid of poison).

I don't think we'll be seeing many duels lasting 5 minutes anymore either.  :)

knoxrub

since when is poison so overpowered?  its mortal that needed a nerf IMO

Myakuu

IMO 20 seconds is a bit to long for cure pots. maybe 3-6 second timer for cures at most. all adding a long timer will change is pvp will turn into a lot more running and a lot less fighting each other. its not impossible to kill someone chugging cure potions if you are playing your character right. all that the large timer on cure pots is going to help is people running ganks.

@Mahavira. i know u saw me and coeur duel in the daily pvp event today for about 10 mins before he finally killed me, and that is an area where u can not use cure pots... if two people that are good duel each other its going to take a while.

outluke

IMHO the 20 sec delay is just right and makes cure pots what they should be - emergency cure. No more unbalanced, script 1 sec greater cures. There are so many other ways to cure a poison: magery cures, cleanse by fire, cleansing winds, bandaids - to name a few. Every change - like this one - that will limit script users' advantage over others, is awlays welcome and will surely improve pvp over time.

King Kong

Yeah - I think 20 seconds is almost perfect, I got that delay by watching people duel while hidden over and over.

I mean only thing cure does is take away poison, which is a level 3 spell or something from a weap if they can actually hit you.

So many ways to cure besides potions. That scripting chugging cures every 2 seconds is garbage. I believe this will help pvp greatly in long run. I believe poison is the most important spell in a duel and it needs to be used efficiently and needs to be effective.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman