Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Community Input, Have Your Say

Started by Voxpire, November 21, 2012, 08:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrusmcvale

Big question is what changed for us to loose 200+ population? pvp? imbue mats? drop rates?.all of the above?..

Housing in general and vendors, something needs to be done here,For example luna is a ghost town. theres houses with empty vendors that have been abandoned for well over a year. I would guess that 70% of luna houses are empty. 6-8 months ago Luna houses when for sale would bring huge bidding wars for them and im sure donations were at a all time high at that point.

{PVM}
Peerless,Doom,Mini champs etc.. Lets get these fixed and the drop rates set at a reasonable drop rate and also remove 1/2 of the trash that drops off these mobs. Spending a few weeks in doom and getting nothing,killing well over a 1000 sand crabs and no robe.

Imbue Mats should be difficult to get but not insane, Not sure how they are today but i see people selling tons of raptor teeth for next to nothing but on the flip side snake skins, voids, fairy dust selling extremely high.

PVP/PVM/Craftsman theres a balance here that needs to be met. I dont think adding another zone pvp is going to help anything it will just keep the pvm people out of another area and the pvpers standing there scratching there heads.
Take Ish and make it drop better items then the pvm zones, not just gold. something similer to the special loot bags like from the halloween event example with a random item deco,wep ,armor, mats.. and spread the mobs that can drop these out across the zone so there are no choke points. If you want pvmers hitting a pvp zone you got to make it worth it(risk vs reward)

Lets fix what we have then add/expand more content.

Cyrusmcvale

Just a thought on luna, Make some type of auction sign in front of these houses so players can bid on them for a week and the current high bid can be viewed so people know if they need to bid higher etc.

Also an option for home owners that are going to be gone from the game (military service,health reasons etc) to preserve there houses/charactors for an amount of time. with that in place set houses and accounts to delete after a certain amount of time to help with item count etc.not sure what the current setup is.

Thatperson

This is all great to read, big up yourself vorspire!!
Im no programmer but if i was the shardmaster here and could wave a wand, here are some of the things i would do.. in no particular order

Bring back the monsterous grizzle and sort out all the peerless's. I like the way they are kind of tiered so some are quite easy and some are enourmously tough, but i would double the monster spawn rate in peerless dungeons as its not the low key drop rate that the most frustrating, its that after you clear out the place your waiting around an empty dungeon for something to spawn, this would halve key getting times and give players something to do in the meantime.

I hear enhance potions has been capped at 50 now, i'd like a removal rune added to the rune crafting menu for "reduce enhance potions to 50" for those with ecru citrine rings with 75 so i can max out the other properties.

The battle necklace could, when awarded spawn with the winners name on it. eg "That person's battle necklace", again, add a rune to the rune crafting manu to remove this so those who wear one without a name have obviously bought it and those who wear thier own can show the world how awesome they are.

A turn in for imbue mats that eventually gives you relics based on points. this would clean up some items and help newer players get thier own relics a little bit more.

PVM events.. for me, i have a great laugh running around choppin and dont care about dying a thousand times but the only people who get anything are script looters coz its crazy in there (fun crazy though) i dont think it would be gamebreaking to spawn 1 pcoin per minute into the bank of any player on the business side of the energy field so after the hour you spent running round like a headless chicken you get a reasonable little something worth about 150k guarenteed.

I reallylike this [sac idea.. would it take all the cash? TBH i end up leaving nearly all the cash as im running around coz i simply cant be bothered to drag it all to my pack but i dont use scripts either.

:Edit.. oh yeah, voting might as well give 1 pcoin per vote, it's not much at all and while i vote to help the shard and not the reward, (and of course i do everyday :D) when my client goes whitcreen because iv looked at another window and i relog 3 times to do it. thats gotta be worth an extra coin or 3, nudge nudge, wink wink

Thats all i can think of for now.. Looking forward to seeing the results of all this :)
Many good things to say, but thats for another thread

Horns Nigel

Winterfest items could include sleds and bob sleds, skis, shovels, hats, mittens, snow shoes, all for deco.
Strings of xmas lights would also be cool...
How about some new tamable winter dragon or something like that/

As for gameplay, everyones style is diff so we are all not going to want the same thing, as for me its all about crafting and stealables.
The more new deco the better, also more stealables and more ways to steal them.
Put them on monsters so that certain ones can only be gotten by stealing them off a monster, hide them randomly throughout the shard.
Put them in the shops in locked boxes, so that the lockpickers can also have some fun, make some very hard to reach, make it so we will have to be creative to even get to them if possible.

Maybe even a team stealing item which would take at least two people to steal?
Along the same lines as doom where you need five to get in the room to steal the items...
Add more items to the reward system, add more items to the trash reward system, maybe have a chance of getting imbue ingredients off anything that spwans a pandora or ocean coin?

Also one more thing, SURPRISE is the best method to enthuse the player base, nothing better than finding something that you never saw before, maybe you dont realize it Vor, but like the night you appeared to us at your home, the guild is still talking about it.
Its because it was completely unexpected and sometimes we need stuff like that to bring us back to why we all love this game as much as we do....

SoP is thriving on this shard and has far more players in it now then ever before and still growing, we love it here...

Your doing a great job, please keep moving forward, i think its a great idea to get our opinions, ad cant wait to see which ones you may implement...Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Maggdalena

Quote from: Jiggy on November 21, 2012, 09:16:00 PM
2} a chest or bag that u can assign people to access it like a vendor house can have a bag next to each vendor the owner of the vendor can access only.

The owner of the vendor can say "I wish to place a strongbox" and have their own box, accessible only by them, in your house.  They need to stand at the exact spot that they want the box when they do it.  It can also be removed with an axe when they're finished with it.

I can't remember if they just need to be friended to the house or a co-owner, but it can be done :)
Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

Cyrusmcvale

Some older players have a ton of gold just sitting around how about a special vendor selling Deco, Special old event items, etc for high dollar. example a house bank stone for anyone to use, Statues, horror type items .. basically unique items that cost 5mil to 50mil, there can also be a pbuck vendor with items like this also.

Donation item idea, Make weapons that are loaded up,custom graphic,custom name and bumped up damage just a few notches. these can be for pvm use so it does not mess with pvp. hence physical damage. like a crossbow,composite bow,hammer pick, double axe, soul glaive, garg hammer.

Example: Vorspire crossbow of suffering, Hammer of Konstantine, Pandora Glaive of Flight.. maybe even have a contest in naming these items. and the stats im sure there would be a ton of players that would agree on what to put on these,

There are alot of vets with nothing left to get with pbucks/gold this will help the long time players spend some currency

Thatperson

TOT dye that leaves your weapon the same colour but adds an awesome blood stain :)

Thatperson

Ok how about this for random events..
Every hour, on the hour somewhere in the world, a crack opens in the ground and a system message telling us only the facet. Around the opening of the crack a group of random monsters spawn, and in the crack, more monsters and a boss. when the boss is defeated the crack seals but if the crack is never found it seals anyway. after the hour is up a new crack opens randomly somewhere else.. Anyone still inside the cavern when the timer runs out will remain in there to finish the battle but no newcomers will see the crack or be able to get in and if the current occupants leave they cannot return either.
The monsters that spawned above ground will remain under usual despawn timers so as you are running through the lands you will encounter monsters you never would expect in that region.
In the interests of pure randomness it would be cool if the bosses could be given a random model, skillset and loot so you might fight a lady mel thats called a drake, looks like an edyn and drops a sand robe or whatever mad combination.
I think this would encourage general exploration, add some randomness to the predictable wilderness and just generally be cool :)

DamJ.NeT

First of all, thanks for showing your interest in what us players think :)

I agree with a lot of points made before my post,

And I strongly agree with Cyrus's posts.

Now,

To reduce item count you should give everyone a trash bag. Ok you can buy one with the tokens, but not on your first day. So give a trashbag to noobs when they create a char. Instead of throwing items on the ground people will put them in the bag (and if they do want trash tokens, then they'll buy the special bag)

N°1 priority should be to work on a Taming Bodbook :D I've seen houses FULL of those. And I wonder who does them anyway. After seeing the reward I got from 20WhiteWyrm/Drag/Drake, I'll think twice about filling again a "hard one". So I presume thousand of BoDs are stocked, and they'll NEVER get used.
Speaking of wich, please give us a list of rewards we can get. We know exactly the rewards for Smith and Tailoring. Should be the same for Taming BoDs.

Mats : Yes you should add a turn in. The easiest mini champ, the ratman, gives 80% useless mats. And I'm sure people collect that, as I did aha.

Houses : As I said, I've seen many houses full of BoDs. Same goes for dead plants etc. There are super farms out there, and I'm pretty sure we're talking about 1000's of plants stacked.
On another shard, a GM has been able to give me back some of my stuff way after my house collapsed. If you can do that, I'd say just get rid off 1year or 1year and a half unused houses. And those Stockhouses if they're unused for more than 6 months. If people come back after that much time, they'll still have their char+bank. And if they had super valuable stuff or doni item in their house, then just spawn it back. Or if they have doni item in house, put them in their bank, then erase the house !

I don't have a ressource box because it costs toooooooo many pcoins. Reducing the cost = more people get it = less ressources all over the place.
Or remove that one, and add little ones for cheaper prices. Like one for ingots, one for wood, one for tools etc.

As to what I'd like to see...

Auction house definitly.
Way to see a pet's stats when shrunken. Always good for buyers/sellers.
Rest I don't know, I'm mostly a PVMER.

Oh yes...

QuoteDon't comment about loot drops or rates, buffing or nerfing bosses or bugs - we'll cover that stuff another time, another place on these forums.

I'd like to see this topic :p I feel like this has to do with the lower player base.

Anyway keep up the good work, long live Pandora !

xcalibre

Wow many great idea.  Thanks Vospire for all your great work !

I have a question. If I put my things on the ground, everything will disappear after around 5 min and will remove from the shard? Same thing for corpse not looted ?The trash bag is only to perform the cleanup of your house chess ? Am I wrong ?

Another thing, Why not destroy all that is perishable every years ?
Food, potion, "tamming bod", fish, ...  The only way to keep that stuff more than an amount of time is to have a special chess (fridge?) ;)

Thanks

Angel0178

Actually, unless I am misunderstanding your question, you can take a trash barrel when you go hunting. i used to tqake one when I went to Bedlam.

Horns Nigel

The new trash system gives you a couple of ortions, a craftable trash barrel, and a barrel and bag that you can buy, with the trash daily limit now at 500, once everyone starts using it, we should see the items count on the shard drop...

Dwarvey

There does need to be a way to store taming BoDs............The person was right about there being houses dedicated just to their storage.

Horns Nigel

Yes, I agree I have at least 3 full chests or more dedicated to just taming BODS, I have even begun to trash the ones with multiple dupicates...

DamJ.NeT

And my question was, who does them anyway ?

I completed 2 larges, but it took more time to do them than if I had collected gold to get the same thing off players, or pcoins off the pcoin store. I remember an old topic trying to figure out what the rewards were... This topic died with not even 10 BoDs repertoried. So I'd look into it if I were you.

Mostly by looking at the rewards, revealing them to players, and adjusting some bods/rewards.

For example, the 6 large farm animals (pig goat chicken etc) gives you a pet bonding deed. Yes it is nice, but I had so much trouble finding 20 of each animals. Specially PIGS. We have boars here and they're exactly the same, but wont work in PIG bods :D
Anyway, gathering 200pcoins is MUCH faster than this bod.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman