Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

A new type of battle

Started by GM NollKoll, June 20, 2013, 07:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Ok, even i as a none-playing staff member got ideas sometimes..

Started figuring out about xml spawners etc etc. (they are the one controlling the auto-pvp/pvm events)

This morning i had a little idea, but so far it wont be done in a great while.

BUT, i want to know if players would enjoy this idea and prob. not get bored of it quickly etc.
So vote how "cool" this idea is, and if the needs/wishes are there, it might be created ^^.

This is ofc. without talking to any of the devs and king kong himself, and even if all vote 10s it might not be done.. but hopefully will if it aces!

~Battle Royale~
a "PvP" automatic event, maybe once or twice a day, takes a maximum of 60 minutes to do.

A really huge area is needed, with different zones. I will explain this to those that havnt seen the movies, so all can understand.

-You will enter with only random clothings that offers no protection
-You will enter with only 1 random item that might help you survive
-This is a free-for-all event, pvp/survivor event, in prevention of letting people gang up, names,titles will be removed (temporary), everyone gets turned into a human male/female randomly, and you will not be able to speak/party or even guild chat. If possible you wont even be able to open up the other guys paperdoll.
-Everyone will look the same, have nothing for name, so hopefully it wont even show up in journal when you get near a person.
-Last man standing
-Hunger/thirst & Sleep will be a big role in this, also possible weather scenarios etc.
-Will take up to 1 hour or so, so a real long event (could possible take less time, but near 60min mark, a special trigger will make the last survivors finish it up)

example:
10 players playing it.
They all start at random places, with a random tool/weapon (not a 100/100 durability katana, but a very fragile or weak weapon, so everyone gets a chanse, even if someone gets a melee weapon, more examples of the random item will be furthur down.)

You will need to eat something each ~5 min, or you will slowly start dropping strength (makes you weaker and have less hp)
You will need to sleep for ~2-3min each 20 min. (you can decide to when you are going to sleep, sleeping to early might be a tactics of knocking out people while they are sleeping, but maybe req. an extra 10-20 seconds to "fall asleep"
Being tired drains your stamina, makes you sluggish and somewhat easily defeated, some of the things you do on the battlefield might fail in your hands, and damage you (your tired and trying to make a fire, you might burn your hands etc.)
Also when you sleep, to make it interesting, a big black gump, covers all your screen, with only a timer on.

The 10 players needs to survive, but also be the last man standing, and after set amount of time, 1 or more areazone(s) will be "purged" , random explosions(or instant kill) will occur during this time, in that particular areazone. (a warning message will go out for all)

Dropzones will also occur at random locations, pre-warned in a message to everyone playing. (could contain just food, maybe 1 bandage, or some other useful item.) (these moments are dangerous since all players would like that package, and gain the upper hand.)

Tils the end, when around 50? minutes has gone, remaining players can only exists in 1 zone, and must kill each other, or there is a draw and noone wins (everyone is killed) at the 60 min mark

Some items might be gathered in the wild, a few animals might spawn, there could be fresh and saltwater available to players, drinking salt water might hurt you a bit.
(Since you wont have any real tools at all, a gump containing "Pick resources, drink, commit suicide,sleep and possible other commands)

The random items?
(everyone starts with normal cloths, and maybe 1 ration of food)
Well i only thought of a few:

-a granade (medium-high damage, one shot only)
-a blowgun containing 1 to a few shots (depending on damage, and chanses of hitting)
-a bottle/vial of poison (being to able to instant? kill someone in their sleep, or poison a small fresh water lake, for medium damage to players that drinks it.)
-one or a few bandages
-extra rations of food (perhaps enough to finish the whole ordeal)
-a fishing rod
-a weak club/weapon, wont last long, but prob. long enough to kill someone, just a bit better damage then fist-melee
-a big rock (throw for low-medium damage, or used to instant kill a sleeping player (smash their heads in))
-a vibration-sensor alarm clock (will warn/wake up players that are sleeping when another player is coming near)
-a trap device (place out one or a few traps, that will do medium damage and stun players, possible self-trigger)
-a camo-sleeping bag, be hidden when you sleep(other players might still stumble upon the exact spot you are sleeping, and you will be revealed, but also awake)

The list could be made really long, and some items might not bring you that super amount of upper-hand, but its all about tactics sometimes.

If possible, skills and stats will be different during the time of the event. So its a fair event for everyone)
Spectators in form of ghosts wont be allowed (when you die, you will be teleported and alive, and you wont know what happends in the zones (to lessen the chanse of ganging up).
Still possible to wrestle players, and perhaps a chanse of strangling a sleeping player to death, but somewhat low chanse and the sleeping player still can fight back if it fails (recently had food, and well slept increases the chanses of instant killing a sleeping player with no special item, but maybe a max 40%?, but this all is still in the idea stage)

Rewards:? Well, there might be a timed reward, everyone gets a battleroyale coin each 10 min (given after event), and winner gets more(could be turned in for deco items or something?, perhaps a piece of armor/weapon is rewarded each week/month to top survivor.)

You may add ideas to this, since i just thought about this today.
But vote if this seems to be a fun addon to this server, and vote depending on how much you would like this to be added, and if you would compete alot in it)
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

TheGrimReaper

This is just...... AWESOME! can't say anything else about this. ^^ I hope this will come soon in the future.

zaxarus

Sounds interesting, yes.^^

I'd do this 100%.

(Some aspects do remind me of Worms^^)

Tys

"My name is my name."

Thatperson

replying before iv even finished reading the post to say iv seen the movie a million times, its awesome and i want the pot lid!!! lol
does this mean noll that you will be the wierd teacher guy who gets killed and then sits up for a quick chat with the missus before dying again?? lol
and do we all have to have intertwining love stories? hehe
iv always wondered how i would cope if i were in that movie.. looking forward to possibly having a go :D

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Thatperson on June 20, 2013, 08:31:29 AM
replying before iv even finished reading the post to say iv seen the movie a million times, its awesome and i want the pot lid!!! lol
does this mean noll that you will be the wierd teacher guy who gets killed and then sits up for a quick chat with the missus before dying again?? lol
and do we all have to have intertwining love stories? hehe
iv always wondered how i would cope if i were in that movie.. looking forward to possibly having a go :D

ive think you have seen that movie more then me... Havnt seen that movie in 5-10 years..

I will prob. be the one running around, laughing at the "so-to-be" survivors...
(and if anyone wonders, the suicide option is for those who want to leave the event early, due to its massive length of time needed to compete)
But..

Electo Jason

Great IDEA!!! and for those who dont like it they dont have to compete :) anything to add excitment and bring players over here from other servers.  I would be at everyone :) "work permiting"
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

GM NollKoll

But..

Oniel

I voted for it, but i dont PvP... seems like everyone else loves the idea..

GM NollKoll

^^ Well i cant promise this will be done, but it seems to be of liking..   My current priority is a quest npc for new players, introducing em into this server, and i guess everyone can agree this would be for the best ^^
But..

Electo Jason

Would be nice to give them a location quest to learn the cities the NPC's hunting grounds etc.  I know when i first started on Catskills/GL 15 years ago my noob experience was getting lost in the forest and being chased around by a bunch of player orcs trying to kill me lol "Orc Fort"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Cyrusmcvale

we played cats when it first open, came over from chessy and started two thiefs and pretty much were terrors :) back when players had house keys in there packs you could steal

Horns Nigel

Sub, the good ol days  :).....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Electo Jason

Since i was 15 at the time i was pretty bad myself i would always lure the poison ele in shame lvl 3 to the portal so when people went through the portal they would die and i could loot them haha :).  This was back before they added Felucia and everywhere was PvP when it was fun :)
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Horns Nigel

I think you meant before they added Trammel, the original world was Fel.   We used to hide at moongates in gangs getting anyone coming out of the gates, was a ton of fun....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Electo Jason

aww somone gave me -1 karma :(
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community