Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Event Suggestions

Started by GM NollKoll, July 02, 2013, 07:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Here is a special type of suggestion thread, write up whatcha want to see ingame that could be made without scripting any new items/stuffs. If u dont know if its do-able without scripting new stuff, put it up aswell.
Describe it as much as u can, if its something sneaky/suprising, pm me on the forum about it.

So this thread goes for those who got lovley ideas, and want me to try put em togheter ingame, aka you say idea, i create and sit back, laugh and watch as u struggle with "your own creation"

If there would be a flooding with several nice ideas, there might be a poll, but feel free to comment on other players event ideas.

But keep in mind, events that req. things like special armor and weapon pieces will take up alot of time when the event is about to start (*sigh* my class pvm event did take alot of time)
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Thatperson

this is an idea I posted a long time ago, I still think it would be cool so im gonna copy paste it straight here...

Ok how about this for random events..
Every hour, on the hour somewhere in the world, a crack opens in the ground and a system message telling us only the facet. Around the opening of the crack a group of random monsters spawn, and in the crack, more monsters and a boss. when the boss is defeated the crack seals but if the crack is never found it seals anyway. after the hour is up a new crack opens randomly somewhere else.. Anyone still inside the cavern when the timer runs out will remain in there to finish the battle but no newcomers will see the crack or be able to get in and if the current occupants leave they cannot return either.
The monsters that spawned above ground will remain under usual despawn timers so as you are running through the lands you will encounter monsters you never would expect in that region.
In the interests of pure randomness it would be cool if the bosses could be given a random model, skillset and loot so you might fight a lady mel thats called a drake, looks like an edyn and drops a sand robe or whatever mad combination.
I think this would encourage general exploration, add some randomness to the predictable wilderness and just generally be cool :)

GM NollKoll

ok, a little bit of what i had NOT in mind here =P but i guess it could be created, but then it would be me more of an automatic pvm event sort of..   I guess its possible, but if you want random caves, and random loots, that could be a tough one. I might learn alot of a certain game mechanics atm, this prob. aint impossible, and shittons of work =P

The thing i was thinking about if a player wants a staircase maze event, a pokemon battle event, a tower defense event (you are either archers or mages, trying to kill monsters before they reach a certain point) etc =P but good idea none-the-less.. Though i have to put it on the shelf at this very moment, since i need to learn the mechanics a bit better first.
But..

Thatperson

hehe, yeah I get ya man, just thought id resurrect it as an idea seeing as there's a board for it now :) ill keep thinking, but definitely anytime spawning one of the bosses that spawn on a daily or longer timer  or your own unique creations like the other day (Canada day) will draw some kind of a crowd, especially if there's a hunt or a riddle to get to it...
stay pimpin!!

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Thatperson on July 02, 2013, 11:04:36 AM
hehe, yeah I get ya man, just thought id resurrect it as an idea seeing as there's a board for it now :) ill keep thinking, but definitely anytime spawning one of the bosses that spawn on a daily or longer timer  or your own unique creations like the other day (Canada day) will draw some kind of a crowd, especially if there's a hunt or a riddle to get to it...
stay pimpin!!

well that was rather too easy tbh =P best of all worlds would be something that contains:

-"Fast & smooth" when the player arrives (like a classic pvm event in an arena or so, without event equiptment, but shitloads of strange monsters that has been altered in advance)
-Something new/different
-Equal to everyone

ah well, i might produce a jumping puzzle race tils the weekend, but cant promise anything ^^
(and yes, you might think why i put you all to agony by a jumping puzzle, then u wonder why a jump puzzle, u cant even jump in the game...  we will see!)

But..

Cyrusmcvale

Events can be simple also, scavenger hunts, find a npc or gm with clues where in the world is noll :), naked racing from point A to B, event tokens can be used for rewards to a special event store that has deco items or an event theme item, the more event tokens the better the item you can get, the player can choose the item, also make the tokens non transferable so you have to actually attend the events to get the tokens.

TheGrimReaper

Or make the tokens just blessed for the player like checkbooks. No one else can use them except the one who earned them. For example : Event Token [Blessed For GrimReaper]

TheGrimReaper

Oh and yes, would be awesome to see scavenger hunts again. I miss those days when Lucky Lady was always on trouble. ^^

zaxarus

Quote from: TheGrimReaper on July 03, 2013, 04:58:57 AM
Oh and yes, would be awesome to see scavenger hunts again. I miss those days when Lucky Lady was always on trouble. ^^

This could be something we players just organize. Let me think. ^^

Noll edit: erhm was to qoute u, not modify u
Tys

"My name is my name."

GM NollKoll

Quote from: zaxarus on July 03, 2013, 06:07:31 AM
Quote from: TheGrimReaper on July 03, 2013, 04:58:57 AM

This could be something we players just organize. Let me think. ^^

Noll edit: erhm was to qoute u, not modify u

But i guess i could do a scavanger hunt is even way funnier =P
But..

TheGrimReaper

Noll, don't forget all the awesome rewards tho. :P

zaxarus

Noll, if u wanna do a Scavenger i would really love it.
Tys

"My name is my name."

GM NollKoll

Scavanger it is, i have to check with vorspire first, so i dont ruin his suprise, by having players run my scavanger hunt..   
also add some v v simple quest npcs... (u think u just woulda get the things from a corpse? no no no muhahah)
But..

Saturn

This was one i did way back on my old shard; Basically its a 1 time custom harrower type event. Players would have to locate 5-7 mini bosses, loot a special key and bring it to an alter to activate the main boss. I used lord blackthorn, as he isn't really used in game that much and has cool graphics/smack talk.

I also enjoy the battle royal type events. Its where all players that show up remove all their gear and items, and are given a bag with some simple weapons, a few regents, couple bandages and a random spellbook (no chiv, because you cant control their tithing points). Personally i prefer doing this as a one on one tournament style, but you can also make it a free for all in some Forrest that is blocked off. 

People love a good deco contest, and i haven't done one since xmas. Its great for more passive style players

SoP did a scavenger hunt race not to long ago that was a blast. Those are always popular.

Marty from SOUL did a house collapse event over the holidays which was well received. Filled the house with loot and dropped it at a specific time.

...I have some ideas i've banked for when i have enough time to do some more player run events. But those are gonna stay secret as usual  :-X
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

GM NollKoll

Sure a deco contest would be fine, then i got time to work on other things ^^
Maybe make a themed deco contest, hmm..
But..

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman