Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

The Worst Sin

Started by King Kong, September 04, 2013, 01:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monastery

What about those people always PK and rob players in Fel Champ? And this behavior is spreading to other guild members. Yes, it is just a game, but their motivation of prevent others from doing champ is just for control resource, dont want others to get PS.   

Cyrusmcvale

Plain and simple Fel is a pvp zone, I dont pvp but thats just the nature of the game

Horns Nigel

Agreed, in Fel its Risk = Reward, but for those of us that are just tired of it, would be nice to add some more champs to the Tram areas.....Maybe less reward....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Electo Jason

I admit being pk'd at champs does suck but it happens it is what the game is about.  But it does bring action to the game and gets you motivation to get better in order to take out those players.

There also is some pks who will kill you yes but they wont loot you or grief you by rez killing.  Very few will do that.  Again some of the same people who used to pk me all the time have a very hard time doing it now and that is because I had the motivation to get better to prevent that.
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Dwarvey

Being raided at a champ is part of the game. I'm pretty sure it's happened to all of us at least once. I've  even been party of a raiding party.

It's the people who grief players while doing it that piss me off.

Horns Nigel

I am known fairly well as a very poor PVP player, I dont use macros nor do I use many Hot keys, so Im an easy target.
I have had experiances where a player has seen me in Fel and said "Oh, its you Nigel hehe" and not attacked me, thats always fun, also nothing more fun then Bumping into Grim and he just smiles :) at me.

I guess people just know I hate to PVP, I usually only go to battles just to see how long I can fly without getting killed.
I try to go to PVP when they call for needed players and am in shock when i actually win, not very often.
I am friends with a lot of the players who like to PVP, most are not rez killers or looters and some will even Rez you after the kill, I have great respect for them.
The greifers are a dimished breed here on Pandora, and usually the other players take care of them all in good time.

I do enjoy watching a good battle, and appreciated Draks invite to Spirit just watch him, Clean and others go at it, it makes me appreciate just how good they all are at it.

Anyways, just thought I would share a bit of my experiances with all of you, hope you enjoyed it, see you all tonite....Nigel

Saturn

Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Electo Jason

Another annoyance on this which I have been experiencing a lot from 1 player not to use any names is constantly asking for handouts.  This player has been on the server longer than me and will not leave me alone asking for free imbues/gear/gold/pcoins/help pvping people etc.  Again not using any names but I am sure everyone knows exactly who this is.  Again I don't mind helping but when realizing how much I have given this player gets outrageous.  Than of course ignoring or telling them no doesn't work cause either he spams World chat/PM spams or just shows up at my castle and waits for me :(.
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Horns Nigel

Agreed, we all know who it is....Nigel

King Kong

Quote from: Electo Jason on September 16, 2013, 07:56:25 AM
Another annoyance on this which I have been experiencing a lot from 1 player not to use any names is constantly asking for handouts.  This player has been on the server longer than me and will not leave me alone asking for free imbues/gear/gold/pcoins/help pvping people etc.  Again not using any names but I am sure everyone knows exactly who this is.  Again I don't mind helping but when realizing how much I have given this player gets outrageous.  Than of course ignoring or telling them no doesn't work cause either he spams World chat/PM spams or just shows up at my castle and waits for me :(.

Feel free to give me the name.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Cronk

never feel required to help people imo jason.  help them if you want, and help them more if they're genuinely appreciative and you enjoy helping people.

to be genuinely appreciative though, they should value what you give them and not EXPECT you to give them more.  ever.  if they do and can't take the hint that you're slowing down/stopping the handouts, feel free to tell them to take a flying leap.  you wouldn't be burning any bridges that shouldn't be burned anyways.

heck, i'm new so i'm still building my own little powerbase, and someone kept bugging me to meet him places or go pvp or go blahblahblah and i finally just got stern with him.  i might not have many tangible resources to share yet (altho i have with noobs myself), but i still value my time, and if you're demanding i spend it with you in some certain way, over and over and over again, i'm gonna tell you to piss off eventually.  and i would certainly do so much quicker with someone if they're not a real noob, but just someone needy and demanding.  i'd suggest the same... mainly because you're a giving person and there's better people who deserve generous you instead of "sucked dry by 1-3 greedy players" you.

Horns Nigel

I've taken the approach lately to be as nice as I can and let them know that its time for them to start working for themselves.  I have even dragged them with me on p coin runs, and made them pound out some armour while I watched.  I think part of it is the age, I know there are some young players who just want everything handed to them.   I try to be patient, and teach so they realize at some point you have to work for it or you will have no friends here.  If I felt I was  truely being taken advantage of I would not hessitate reporting it......Nigel

ChickeN

Well said Cronk... I agree fully ;)

Cronk

Quote from: Horns Nigel on September 19, 2013, 07:36:42 PM
I've taken the approach lately to be as nice as I can and let them know that its time for them to start working for themselves.  I have even dragged them with me on p coin runs, and made them pound out some armour while I watched.  I think part of it is the age, I know there are some young players who just want everything handed to them.   I try to be patient, and teach so they realize at some point you have to work for it or you will have no friends here.  If I felt I was  truely being taken advantage of I would not hessitate reporting it......Nigel

ya agreed a lot of it is just the age. 

cloning runebooks of pcoin mobs/minis might be an idea.  with a decent weapon and some resist/lrc gear and jewelry/talisman, you can manage to get yourself enough of a start here. 

anyways OT i like that the people who run this shard take such a hard stance against a lot of the horribleness that often comes from UO sandbox.  after years of playing servers like IPY, it's refreshing not having to wonder the newest way someone's gonna find to screw me over (noto killing/baiting, stool barriers, blahblahblah... it's HORRIBLE). 

King Kong

If you have an issue Cronk. You private message me personally.

I am the owner.

Thanks & welcome.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman