Please log in.

Thanksgiving day town invasion

Started by Keeblerboy, November 26, 2013, 10:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

since this should end v v soon.. should i
a: make a script that makes all spawners stop in about 10-12h from now:ish
or
b: make a lever, completly out there in the open, that will, when pulled.. close down all spawners after around 30-60min..  (and if noone pulled it, i will close it down tomorrow when i get the chanse).. but i will make warning signs around the lever, telling people not to pull it :3

edit: ill choose b.. since its hilarious =P.. and evil

edit2: ended by SilverSerpent, had a few issues with the lever, but it was pulled as fast as he saw it =P
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

GM NollKoll

Ok... if anyone is interested.. here comes the dropchanses (roughly from my memory)

Day 1: only had 4 different foodtypes (turkey, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce :
1% clean, 10% rancid

Day 2: think i added Gravy, Robe (rare, cranberry & mashed potatoes), Robe (common, gravy), and random armor/weapon
Gravy: 20% clean, 2% rancid
Rare robe: 1% (this wont change, so will not mention it again)
Common robe: 30% (same as above)
Weapon/Armor: 30% (same as above)
Added a third decay state aswell, lets call it "extremly rancid" (maggots infested for turkey etc)
Which was around 5%
Lowered the chanse of getting clean food to ~0.8% (the first 4 types)

Day 3:
Gravy: 7% clean, 5% rancid
the 4 other types: Rancid 5%, extremly rancid 8%, clean 0.7%

Day 4 (which ended really early due to someone):
Gravy: 5% clean, 7% rancid
the 4 other types: Rancid 3%, extremly rancid 10%, clean 0.5%
But..

Keeblerboy

Thx again for making this happen.

Keeb

GM NollKoll

np at all..  Woulda been funnier if silver didnt pull that lever so early on =P have a force of players protect it, when an opposing force would be threatened away from it =P..

But yea, want some feedback from all of you Pandorians..  how did you think about the rare loots etc?
Make it more valuable, something to be proud of etc.. No need to mention that it took a while to kill a turkey etc etc etc...
But i got confirmed that a full fresh food set has been gotten.. but have the 2 robes been aquired?
Did anyone get the mashed potatoe robe, or cranberry sauce robe?
But..

Dr. Kevorkian

I know for a fact that the Cranberry Robe was looted as I have one in my museum. If anyone has the Mashed Potato Robe, I would be interested in purchasing it for my Museum collection. Please pm me in game.

Horns Nigel

I also got a cranberry robe, and TY Noll, that was a great event....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

rocktuff

let me tell ya something NOLL this is exactly the type of event this server loves from the diff spawning mobs some hard some easy to kill to the amazing loot with tiers people even tried like heck to get a full armor set even though it wasn't high powered armor it gave us a dif flavor of stuff to shoot for do something like this 1 weekend a month and our population would double in 6 months....
Long Live John Elway

GM NollKoll

^^ well just recently found out how to fiddle with the loot system ingame..  sort of speaking.. leaving out the tech. speak =P.. Well this was done the day after thanksgiving.. give me a bit more time and something funnier could happend =P  So vote!
But..

Saturn

Although I missed this almost entirely, due to my work schedule (I manage to sneak in to kill or turkey or 2), and I didn't get any custom loot, I still kept reading this post with such glee. Great Stuff! (Stuff-ing?)
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

BizKits

TY Noll, for the great event.

Like many have said, it was nice to have something different to do, especially when so many people have different tastes for what they like to collect, and you covered the bases excellently.

There were hard monster, easy, and midrange, amd there was deco, and weapons and armor.

I couldn't have been happier than with the couple of items I got.

As awesome as it was with the McBride necklaces, I think I got even more excited when we got the armor to find, and I especially loved my weapon. It's always been a struggle to figure out which weapon to banksit with...and now I have a permanent fixture.

I look forward to future events like this. Til then I will just continue to ignore my guildmates trying to get me to give up my stuff.

Great job!

GM NollKoll

Quote from: BizKits on December 04, 2013, 11:49:04 PM
TY Noll, for the great event.

Like many have said, it was nice to have something different to do, especially when so many people have different tastes for what they like to collect, and you covered the bases excellently.

There were hard monster, easy, and midrange, amd there was deco, and weapons and armor.

I couldn't have been happier than with the couple of items I got.

As awesome as it was with the McBride necklaces, I think I got even more excited when we got the armor to find, and I especially loved my weapon. It's always been a struggle to figure out which weapon to banksit with...and now I have a permanent fixture.

I look forward to future events like this. Til then I will just continue to ignore my guildmates trying to get me to give up my stuff.

Great job!

i think the lot of you could stop it with the necklaces joke now =P got so many stupid pms thanks to that lol
But..

BizKits

i think the lot of you could stop it with the necklaces joke now =P got so many stupid pms thanks to that lol
[/quote]

That's why Google is your friend  :P. I'm sure I have a handful of people who will never speak to me again, but I believe if I went hunting for gold, but found silver instead...I'd still be happy. Besides I'm sure many would have ignored this event and missed out on the loads of great fun. It was just the icing on the cake,. Or gravy on the potatoes. Or sumfin.

Anyway, you did an amazing job so again thank you.

...BizKits

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]