Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

THE WINTER CURSE WILL SOON BE CALMED! *updated again, main post*

Started by GM NollKoll, December 14, 2013, 09:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

a winter curse has befallen Skara Brea!
Met up with several new monsters (remodeled for this purpose)
Also some evil snowmen that curses the whole town, to ward off intruders!
**EXTREME CARE SHALL BE TAKEN TO THOSE THAT VENTURE INTO SKARABREA, WHEN THE CURSES ARE ACTIVE, ITS EXTREMLY TOUGH**

with 6 monsters and 4 different snowmen, on both facets, the amount of work and scripts put into this event is epic, so i hope your experience will be the same!

all of the monsters drop special items, with various raritys, random weapons, jewelry, talismans, armor and shields. (note the equipment have no rarity factor)
The super rare robe is something epic, just saying :3.
There are 2 main types of winter pies that can be gotten, one that increases str, and one that increases anatomy, they can all be aquired with 3 different raritys, boosting the str with 100! (the highest rarity) Ofc its a temp. buff, and wont be permanent.

And to the biggest MUST READ, there are 4 snowmen that randomly spawns (but not too often), there is just one way to deal with them, and i wont say how. But when they have spawned, you will notice that either your health will go down, or your stamina will go down, or your mana will go down, also a snowmen that will put deadly poison on ya!, with all 4 active at the same time, venturing into town can be extremly difficult. So dealing with the snowmen is prio 1!!! (wont say how =P)

This festival will be held during whole xmas, and probably to next year, so around 2 weeks?.

The festival is in both facets, there is a slight difference in loot and spawn between the 2 facets:
Trammel: Will have a "calm" prefix to the name, and a bit lower respawn rate & 1 monster less
Felucca: Will have a "wild" prefix to the name, and a bit higher respawn rate & 1 monster more (duh)

In both facets i have placed a free-to-use corpse stone, and a healer north of the Moongate. (somewhat of a safezone there)

Might upload more information here when i figure something out i havnt said =P
Other then that, i will go to my parents town tomorrow (monday 23rd) and will be off for a few days, will be on the forums, but not ingame. So i wish you all a merry xmas and a happy new year.

Drops:
Yuki-Onna                - Snowflake* & Strength pie*
a Winter Storm Entity - De-activated Snowman* & Anatomy pie*
a Bigfoot                  - Snowy Tree* & X-Mas Candle*
a snow eye               - X-Mas Talisman**
a X-Mas Grinch          - X-Mas Robe* & X-Mas Jewelry***
a magical snowpile     - X-Mas Armor(armor/shield)*** & X-Mas Weapon***

* 20% common, 1% rare, 0.1% super rare
** 7.5%
***: 15%
-Note-
-You got a chanse of aquiring for example all raritys of robe, on the same drop, but u need to be rly lucky then =P i.e. a monster drops both common, rare and super rare robe, so u get 3 robes at once.
-On magical snowpile its 15% chanse on dropping an armor piece, so its not 15% chanse of a shield AND 15% chanse for armor, its 15% chanse on dropping any armor/shield ingame, so you cannot get both an armor piece and a shield in the same corpse, but there is a chanse of getting an armor or shield AND a weapon.
-As i claimed earlier, felucca items got Wild in their name, and trammel got Calm in their name as a prefix.

*below here comes the old thread info*

Since i barely got any response/feedback at all from the sailing event, i will postpone it again.. Do not worry, i know its a hectic time.

But onwards to the real topic..  Since you all seemed to love the thanksgiving (leftovers) festival, i will try make an even more awesome winter festival, that will last longer.

I will make somewhat simular drops (in what i mean, common, uncommon, rare.. and possible super rare)

So..
-What would you like to see for kind of monster smashed (will remodel some monster, so i wont spawn alot of stygian dragons for example).
-Where?
-What loot would you like to see? (i will personally ban the player that asks for donation items and pbucks =P ). Also i forgot about handheld lightsources, still a want factor on those? A new armor/weapon drop, simular to thanksgiving, renamed, hued random weapon/armor?.
Are robes still in fashion?, if ill make rare and super rare robes, or some other fancy braggy brag item?
Perhaps a sonic screwdriver?..  Forcing Dwarvey to play the game a bit more =P

-Rarity-
I thought somewhere around 20%,5%,1%,0.05%, might be possible noone gets the super rare item, but if someone gets it, they can regard themself rly rly lucky.

Also, the biggest question of them all, will Tys be content, or mad? =P

*****New as of 10th jan*****
Ok folks, the festival will be closed down tomorrow, no levers, but a big smashy smash event.
This festival was a long one, and probably the longest i will ever have on (interest died almost half way?)
But all in all, i think/hope you all enjoyed it.

Tomorrow saturday the 11th i will hopefully (i dont think my gf got anything planned for me etc etc)
will end it with the late christmasH event.
*NOTE*You will need atleast a common drop robe from this festival to participate!*/NOTE*
There will be a large area containing ALOT of one-hit-kill critters, well 99.9% of em will be one-hit-kill.
Your only allowed to have the robe equiped, and a normal wooden club, nothing els.. Not even in your backpack!.
Some of these monsters will drop a few decos and buff items perhaps, some deco items will be unique, so only 1! will drop.
Those who have sweated enough to get a rare or super rare robe will get earlier access to the smashing grounds, the exact times for rare/superrare early release have not yet been determined. But perhaps 3-10 seconds for rare, 10-20 seconds for super rare?
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Keeblerboy

I would like to see the evil Santas as Pcoin mobs as the main monster. Once again invading of town. I like that you had weapons with self repair drop the last time. Could they also start as tier five? A nice little bonus. Perhaps a self repair with some stats for a unique shield as well? Also I would like to see the reindeer as a deco item. I believe that these have been possible to get in the past. 5 to 10 different ones were available.

Tys will be pleased provided the drop rates are fair. Lol :-p

Keeb

zaxarus

Noll,

thanks for considering me and my funny moods.^^ I am a very sensitive and - same time - awesome person and you just have to make sure i am happy. :P

(Ok, i got a hangover from last night and i am in the middle of my recovery process, so i am even more sensitive now... lol)

Tys

"My name is my name."

Keeblerboy

Just saw on the Dr. Oz show about hangovers.  Drink a shot of "pickle juice" to help cure your hangover quickly.    Enjoy.

Horns Nigel

How about a giant snowman?  Not sure what he could do damage with, maybe snowballs?.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Mozot

rocktuff

I would like eatable food items with dex or strength bonuses like gingerbread cookies and eggnog...with added say hit point bonus when consumed...
Long Live John Elway

Keeblerboy

Nice Sheldor.  I would like to see Holiday Rum cookies.  Eating a few will get you drunk.  Go easy on'em. :-p

Keeb

GM NollKoll

Quote from: rocktuff on December 16, 2013, 12:21:50 PM
I would like eatable food items with dex or strength bonuses like gingerbread cookies and eggnog...with added say hit point bonus when consumed...

Is there some food types that gives str bonuses ingame now? (i could perhaps modify em)
But..

GM NollKoll

How about a town invasion in both facets?
The felucca side might get a slight slight better odds of getting the items, but only increased with 20-50%, to a maximum of 2-5% increased chanse.

(a rare drop that has normal droprate of 1% would get increased by 20-50% which would be 1,2-1,5% chanse of dropping, but a common item that would normally have a chanse of 30% of dropping would result in a droprate of around 32-35%.)

Trammel side will get a prefix name of "a calm" and felucca will get the prefix "a wild" in their name..
For example for a torch "a wild christmas invasion torch (SRare)" for a super rare torch looted in felucca.

Been investigating the possibility of snowmen that could be killed, atm not that sure (sure a monster that looks like a white earth elemental is possible).. But there is a snowman item, might be able to make those shoot dangerous ice damage at you when you go near.. but i will need to play with em a bit before i can promise anything..

Would also like to know if there were any foods that gave temp. stat bonuses so far?
But..

Horns Nigel

I love the town Invasion idea, reminds me of the old days when the undead attacked Trinsic, Maybe you could add a "Green Lich" how the attack actually started and rename it the "Grinch"?.....Nigel

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Horns Nigel on December 18, 2013, 08:30:16 AM
I love the town Invasion idea, reminds me of the old days when the undead attacked Trinsic, Maybe you could add a "Green Lich" how the attack actually started and rename it the "Grinch"?.....Nigel

stop living in the past =P i got future plans for a rly cool story based town invasion, but that time is not now
But..

Saturn

All the winterfest food items give a temp stat bonus. (Jellybeans, Cinnamon Rolls and lollipops), similar to the Halloween items.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Horns Nigel

Us old guys have to live in the past, Its all i can remember as I cant even tell you what I ate for dinner tonight  :P....Nigel

zaxarus

Quote from: Horns Nigel on December 18, 2013, 10:32:25 PM
Us old guys have to live in the past, Its all i can remember as I cant even tell you what I ate for dinner tonight  :P....Nigel

Alphabet Soup?
Tys

"My name is my name."

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]