Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

THE WINTER CURSE WILL SOON BE CALMED! *updated again, main post*

Started by GM NollKoll, December 14, 2013, 09:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Mr. Giggles

Hey noll any timeline on when this event might be ending so were all prepaired.

GM NollKoll

ill notify a few days in advance.. but aim at next saturday
But..

Thatperson

had? =P
[/quote]

well.. got, not consumed.. does that mean there is only one super rare of each or just highly unlikely to see another? hehe
btw, nice spellink  :P

GM NollKoll

U can  get as many super rares as u wish.. just that it will remain at 0.1% chanse of getting a super rare drop... It wont get harder or easier to get another, but might get lucky and get another one quickly afterwards, or u might not..
But..

GM NollKoll

Thinking of ending it with a super big smashy smash "event"..   
Entrance only to those with a event robe.
You may only wear the robe, and have a club (wooden club).. no runebooks, spellbooks, armor, weapons except the robe and the club.

A large large area containing around 500-2000 snow creatures of some kind (like one hit kill monsters)
Have 1 of them drop a robe simular to the super rare robe, but named with Unique, and maybe a small bonus to some stat, but im not sure on that yet, then some other deco items and other foodstat bonus items. But i guess only Unique (one of a kind item, i place them by hand in the creatures pack, so no dropchanses, just whack the right one =P)

Those that got a rare robe might get allowed to enter the area 5 seconds earlier then the rest, and the super rare robe gets to enter 15 seconds earlier?
But..

Thatperson

you know I always love a big smashy smash event :D maybe they could spawn in "tiers", so 500 monsters with 1k hp, then when theyre gone, 100 with 10k, then 10 with 100k, then 5 with 1 mil, then one massive one with 5 mil or something like that.
if your worried about making artis that are too powerfull you could always do what osi do, replicate current arti's and give them a unique name and colour, that way people don't "miss out" coz the real artis are always available but if your there at the right time you can get a special one..
also if you did want to make powerfull items you can spawn them as cursed.. that way they can sit safely on a porch as a "look at me, aren't I great" deco item, or they can be worn by someone with big balls whos understands that it is not safe and they must be super carefull or they'll lose it.
I know its a tough balance coz things need to be desirable to get people interested but overpowered event items cause anger in those who don't get them before the opportunity to get them is gone forever.
just food for thought
good event :D

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Thatperson on January 04, 2014, 07:30:19 AM
you know I always love a big smashy smash event :D maybe they could spawn in "tiers", so 500 monsters with 1k hp, then when theyre gone, 100 with 10k, then 10 with 100k, then 5 with 1 mil, then one massive one with 5 mil or something like that.
if your worried about making artis that are too powerfull you could always do what osi do, replicate current arti's and give them a unique name and colour, that way people don't "miss out" coz the real artis are always available but if your there at the right time you can get a special one..
also if you did want to make powerfull items you can spawn them as cursed.. that way they can sit safely on a porch as a "look at me, aren't I great" deco item, or they can be worn by someone with big balls whos understands that it is not safe and they must be super carefull or they'll lose it.
I know its a tough balance coz things need to be desirable to get people interested but overpowered event items cause anger in those who don't get them before the opportunity to get them is gone forever.
just food for thought
good event :D

did u just answer 2 questions in the same reply from 2 different threads? =P

-Not afraid of making something overpowered, do not worry, have i ever been near of giving out something overpowered?
-will not make different tiers, i will spawn all monsters by hand, no automatic spawner, one hit kill monster, resulting in the killers 100% loot right, so fair for even noobs or those that doesnt loot quick enough.. Some other creature might be in that area aswell, but not sure on that yet..
But..

Thatperson

don't know what other thread you mean man.. just you were saying not sure if youd add stats to a robe and I was just sayin some possibilities..
and live spawnin even better :D never know whats gonna pop next so rock on

GM NollKoll

http://www.pandorauo.com/community/index.php/topic,11124.0.html was talking about this thread..

And not "live" spawning..  An area with ALOT of creatures, all are allready spawned.. players just need to enter and smash
But..

Thatperson

ah, no, but I have been thinking bout that, will post at some point

Mr. Giggles

yeah I would love to see some garg iteams drop hehe I know im beating this into the ground heheheh

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Mr. Giggles on January 04, 2014, 04:08:44 PM
yeah I would love to see some garg iteams drop hehe I know im beating this into the ground heheheh

talked to vors about this issue, i think he have fixed it, or will fix it.. so next random armor drop might contain garg items
But..

Mr. Giggles

ohh nice cause I was trying to get ready with my club and robe and argh I cant arm a club on garg ;[

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman