Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Wild X-Mas Monsters Appears! *Holiday Event*

Started by GM NollKoll, December 22, 2015, 11:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Ok, sorry for the wait folks, xmas gifts, xmas ham n shizzles that needs to be dizzling.
This year it will be a somewhat ... simple? event.. Even though it has among the biggest droptables so far i ever done. (No, there wont be thousands of decos, you will understand later^^)

I did hint a few days ago ingame, and maybe forums? it will be slighly pokemon inspired.. Well, worry not if you havnt played it hehe.

You will meet "Simple" bosses, each with a hp of 5k hits. Which issnt huge. Sure there is a slim chance of one of  these creatures will counter your attacks and spells with poison.. so beware! (This is a anti-macro and anti-dull thingie)...

-Pokemon inspired you say? Why?
Well, to summon these monsters, you need  to walk in tall grass in the new arenas i have placed. Simple walk around, do it carefully if you do not want to anger more then 1! Then a wild x-mas monster appears, just like that!

There are 13 rooms, more or less the same. Same amount of spawns, just the grass is a tad different, but nothing that is better then the other room. Why 13 rooms?
Well, so everyone can team up with their friends ofcourse! Solo it, duo it, trio it.. Your choise!
Sure there might not be enough rooms if EVERYONE wanna go solo. But try share a bit.. IF IT COMES TO THAT! ^^,..

Otherwise, do not walk into a room if a player is there and wants to be alone, AND  there are vacant rooms.

Otherwise, simple rules but i do not want to see em bent in anyway!
-no afk macroing (the random rare poison counter mob, and walking in grass should stop a few macros i hope?)
-No PvP or greifing.. It's xmas for crying out loud, be happy ^^,

And ive built the "gate room" kinda like how the rooms are placed on the main map, open up the uo steams map, and you will see why the gates are located in the gate room like that.

This event will start very very shortly, it might even be running when you read it, just wanna test it out with a few players first, see that it works et.c. And will last to the beginning of January...ish..

Each room got 2 corpse stones and 2 healers, at the opposite walls.. (grass is in the middle).. Enjoy!
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Tnos

GM NollKoll

nope! but .... The monsters are relatively easy for the normal average player.. It could probably rip a hole in your guts pretty quickly, so i would suggest find a friendly player and he'll guide you ^^
But..

Tnos

Define average?

And only one way to find out   :D

GM NollKoll

Ok, the gate leading to the gate room has been placed in Luna, its super white.. cant miss it!

Thanks Salina & Amung Un Rama for being my random test subjects for this, and helped me got it running ^^ (soon bed time for me)

Enjoy!

And yea, Even Salina went down once or twice.. there is a 33% chance the mob will spawn as a necro mage, which will use blood oath ^^
But..

GM NollKoll

Ok, after some more real testing, when i opened it up.. might nerf the str of some of the settings..  but beware, you could have some bad luck and getting a poison counter necro mage setup..  Tys went down almost instantly.. But yea, beware of the tall grass!

Will nerf em tomorrow when i got more time, desp. need  to hit the bed now..
Go in teams or be very careful ^^
But..

Tnos

zaxarus

Quote from: GM NollKoll on December 22, 2015, 01:02:48 PM
Ok, after some more real testing, when i opened it up.. might nerf the str of some of the settings..  but beware, you could have some bad luck and getting a poison counter necro mage setup..  Tys went down almost instantly.. But yea, beware of the tall grass!

Will nerf em tomorrow when i got more time, desp. need  to hit the bed now..
Go in teams or be very careful ^^

Indeed i did... bad luck and spawned exactly what is the deadliest in there. ;)

But still a great event, simple but effective.

Some notes:
When you change the monsters....
- Please check the frequency of stuff like Strangle & Blood Oath, it's spam atm
- Please reduce the "Anti AFK" Disarming, this is tbh annoying and irritating... ^^

ty!
Tys

"My name is my name."

GM NollKoll

The disarming ain't anti ask, just the mob doing it alas. But I can lower the wrestling skill.  But gotta check the scripts for the blood oath, might be hard...  Anyhow, tired noll here, off to work ugh
But..

zaxarus

Just some feedback:

The walls are helping.^^
The Poison Strike & Blood Oath frequency seems to have lowered a bit, that's fine. The Disarm is still annoying but there is a good way to counter this.

Tys

"My name is my name."

GM NollKoll

Quote from: zaxarus on December 23, 2015, 07:52:42 AM
Just some feedback:

The walls are helping.^^
The Poison Strike & Blood Oath frequency seems to have lowered a bit, that's fine. The Disarm is still annoying but there is a good way to counter this.

Actually I just logged in, added the walls then went to take a nap :-P havnt done anything yet.. Will soon.. But good to hear that a couple of walls could have such placebo effect.. But don't worry,will lower it soon
But..

zaxarus

Let's say it may have been just "luck" and there didn't spawn 2 spammers, who knows.^^
But there are ways to _ _ _ _  ar_ _ _ _ it.

Quoteseems to have lowered a bit
Tys

"My name is my name."

GM NollKoll

=P
Anyhow, made it so they are easier now.. Lowered wrestling skill, so wont hit you as much, lowered spiritspeak and necromancy skill. Aswell as more then halfed the encounter rate of poison counter mobs..

Will add safe zones to each gate in each room whenever i get more time, and maybe add a rare encounter that you might meet once in a while.. But that is for another day.. Booked up whole day tomorrow sadly =/
But..

GM NollKoll

Added safe zones around the gates, both region type of safe zones, and a blockage of line of sight.
Shouldnt waste all the excitement on just plainly entering gates.. Safe it for the gifts!
Merry Xmas!
But..

LoriLee

I can not afford this event! The walls do not protect you. And the monsters are far to hard to kill and have way to much power. Not enough people play on this shard to group up and kill anything. Would have been nice to have it like the halloween event that was fun and you did not get killed over and over.  >:(

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman