Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Risk vs Reward...

Started by Jaxtron, July 19, 2010, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dleatherus

i think you're still all missing the point that, unless they are on a gank warpath, the reds are all hanging out in insula .. tuff ta pkk them there  :lol:

Domos

Reds being free and clear in trammel is a whole other problem, you end up with a situation where they always get to pick their fights. I was on one shard where if you pkd someone they get something like 24 hrs to come after you anywhere, so no bank camping for you cause one or more of the victims may jump you and return the favor. It was a very nice system, the more you killed others the more people had a free shot at you, the more you killed one person, the longer that person had a free shot.

Deadmau5

If reds were not allowed in trammel then special coding of some crazy sorts must be implemented for reds to allow them into certain trammel zones that you can't even recall into.  The PVM event is in a tram zone, some of the dueling arenas are in a tram zone.  Players would not be able to safely duel reds if they could not interact with them in a tram zone as well.  Also reds could not duel each other safely if there were banned from tram zones.

Belegerandh

Dang, forgot about red safety. Oh, well. Maybe there's no solution.

Deadmau5

You think it would be fair if a blue dueled a red in a fel town then called all his buddies to where the red will exit the duel and jump him?  Same for a blue if they dueled not in a guard zone.  Having one sanctuary type town allows for interaction with reds and blues for both individuals safety.

tweekzz

QuoteAlso reds could not duel each other safely if there were banned from tram zones.
why?? because another red might come and try and gank you while your engaged in an epic battle with someone?? hmmmm kinda sounds familiar

Belegerandh

Well, if we really wanted to refer back to OSI UO, he or she could make a blue alt to duel with, couldn't they?

Gargarensis

Seeing Pks at trammel banks is really a joke, but I guess with some time gm`s will at least make town guards able to autokill any red at trammel guarded zones.
Also a good idea to turn the risk part of the equation to the other side would be to set some sort of reward for every pks "head", the more kills that char has the more things you could receive in exchange (pcoins maybe  ;) ).

tweekzz

yeah, like some kinda bounty system. that would be pretty wicked, it would also add to the effect of being a "red". i would almost think it would be sweet if factions could control towns, that would also draw more attention away from other areas for the more skilled players. and also open up another avenue for the shard, im sure if there were actual faction wars and whatnot more people would be inclined to try it and likely stick around.

Gargarensis

Yeah, and also it would encourage players to became "counter-pks" :P
But on the other hand exploits could be easily made to this system.. maybe not with some limits like only blue players can kill reds, they cant be on the same guild and cant belong to the same Ip number even if its from a different account.
It seems hard, but if in some time in the future it could be possible, it would help a lot to balance the risk situation, at least IMHO.

Deadmau5

And you would like to trade your suit in between chars and get all the same PS's for your blue as well to be equal?  What I am saying is with a sanctuary type town reds could duel each other, make trades with blues and everything.  Banning them from all of tram means that people could never interact in a friendly like way with reds without being.  

There is a dueling feature on this server for a reason, so that people can pvp against each other one on one without the fear of losing items or insurance.  All major pvpers are red too and in factions so trying to get them to behave and duel each other in a fel town will never happen.

Belegerandh

Well, it worked on OSI, right? And that's where you were taking us back to in your references.

Deadmau5

OSI did not have a special dueling pit feature which this shard does.  I am not saying this shard is like OSI in any way but that OSI had the same risk vs reward systems where champion spawns were only in fel and did not tailor to the needs of trammies.  OSI also has tots deactivated where this shard still allows people to collect them under special circumstances.  Maybe that should be deactivated too by your reasoning?

Jar Jar

Everyone is free to have their own opinions of course, but i really dont understand why some people want to segregate pandoras community..  :?

Belegerandh

Not used to someone disagreeing, eh? lol So I guess you want to have it both ways for your 'reds'? No inconvenience at all?

OSI did, in fact, cater to pvmers by creating Tram. Never did I say they had dueling pits but I did say, in some way, they didn't cater to the needs of reds by making things easier for their outfit of choice or their particular safety.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman