Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Risk vs Reward...

Started by Jaxtron, July 19, 2010, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domos

Maybe there could be some sort of a "reward" for reds going to key trammel town spots, kind of like blues having a reward for going to fel. In that case both have a reason and a danger of going to enemy territory, talk about balance.

Martin Looter

lol.. reward for reds is to be able to enter tram towns..

this balance issue is crap anyways.. if you are PK and just hunt PVM characters in the usual spots you will always kill them cause of the gear they wear (luck lrc ..)

there is NO RISK for a pk.. at least if he's not totally retarded.

i really like pvp and pking is part of the game too.. like griefing is. the single problem is just that there are no consequences for people going red here. it's always easy to kill some dudes and go red but handling the murder status should require some skill. not just recalling to insula bank and dropping off all loot.. that's just lame.

Mahavira

There isn't supposed to be a risk for pk's. There job is to make your life hell when you enter FEL, so you don't farm artifacts. Get over it.

Domos

This is where I see it differently, I see a PK as an outlaw and as an outlaw they should be hunted. And there should be a reward for killing an outlaw based on their kill count. With the current system we have there is almost no chance of catching one off guard...

Dleatherus

agreed domos

Mahavira

Have some friends hiding and in stealth while you hunt. What looked like easy prey, just turned into a gank.

If you do a champ spawn, have a knight of justice protect you. Duplicate scrolls and will protect from a single pk.

It's not too hard to catch a pk off guard.

madegowarrior

Good tip, never thought about the Knight of Justice part.

Balithustrious

Killing the PKs isn't the problem, to be sure. If you have a party of players who are skilled and ready for the fight, killing a few PKs can be easy as pie. The fact is, as of now, they literally run through champion spawns looking for players to kill. Every champion spawn. Then they run through the Fan Dancer Dojo, then they go to the Yomatsu mines. This style of play is more than aggravating for people trying to get a few power scrolls of any value. These players will scour PvP facets endlessly, and there's no escape. There needs to be a penalty for being a murderer. Many facets I've played on had the blues-can-gank-reds-in-town rule, and it was fantastic. Reds had to watch their backs and wait for their murderer title to go away before showing their face to humanity.

Player Killers have incentives to hunt players- easy loot, regs, etc.
Players have their incentives to go to fel- champ spawns, etc.

Without some kind of penalty, however, players wont want to go to fel for much longer, and PKs wont have anything to hunt.

Jar Jar

I have a solution that as long as everyone works at will fix it.

If everyone starts afk hanging at fel brit bank we that will be your opportunity to gank reds. Ppl will tend to hang out where the majority of others do for the excitement. If everyone starts to hang out at brit bank fel, blues can gank reds and reds can only attack if attacked themselves. Anyone likey?

Dleatherus

in theory it sounds fine jerry, but i don't think yer gonna see a red go afk at fel brit bank any sooner then yer gonna see a blue go afk at despise champ spawn :-)

tweekzz

Quotein theory it sounds fine jerry, but i don't think yer gonna see a red go afk at fel brit bank any sooner then yer gonna see a blue go afk at despise champ spawn
i think thats kinda the point, you dont see most pks outside of insula unless theyre stabbing you in the back while spamming wither and/or fireball lol. it would be a good idea to make brit bank popular again. would bring more balance and give a chance to fight the pks, where a blue or 7 might be able to get a jump on one, rather than the other way around, alllllll the time.  :D

Aaliah

Quotein theory it sounds fine jerry, but i don't think yer gonna see a red go afk at fel brit bank any sooner then yer gonna see a blue go afk at despise champ spawn

HAHAH i've seen a blue afk in dspise :] couple times actualy...
But well, i would go hang out in fel brit bank if there wasn't some massive building wrecking visibility near the bank :/
[e scream

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]