Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

UPDATES Q&A

Started by sandonato1400, June 11, 2013, 07:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horns Nigel

Vor Ive tried logging in several times to the test server on several days with no success....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

sandonato1400

I tried a few times today, no success either

Horns Nigel

Are the test shard numbers correct?   82.39.183.226  Have still been unable to log on...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

King Kong

Quote from: Horns Nigel on July 07, 2013, 06:15:07 PM
Are the test shard numbers correct?   82.39.183.226  Have still been unable to log on...Nigel

It was online all day yesterday - it will be online with Vorspire logs back on today

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

zaxarus

The test server is always shown ONLINE on Pandora Website. Even when it's not. So how should I know if it's online for real?
I've also tried several times, cause I rly want this patch become reality. It's been a while...

Tys

"My name is my name."

Voxpire

It's been up for the past 10 hours at least, so there is no excuse as to why you haven't tried at least once during that time, you can't say you're trying when evidently you're not.

Yes, it has been a while, time equals quality.
We work to our schedule, not yours, so please stop asking and just wait for our updates.

King Kong

Quote from: zaxarus on July 08, 2013, 04:08:09 AM
The test server is always shown ONLINE on Pandora Website. Even when it's not. So how should I know if it's online for real?
I've also tried several times, cause I rly want this patch become reality. It's been a while...

Oh Zax, you code? If you're a master developer of systems using C# with the RunUO & Vita-Nex Core engines, and have 24 hours a day to work on it with no other life we would love to have you on board.

But only if you promise that your hundreds of thousands of code is perfect and will cause no issues. Even having a period . in the wrong spot will not make the world boot up right.

Send me a PM if so. TY!

If that's not the case. Like Vorspire says, we run on our own schedule to produce the best work. When you run a world with millions of items for almost 5 years, many people's, including yourself and countless hours of hard work... you will understand why we are very careful and precise. -- I haven't ever even heard of a free shard offering a test shard for players to try out new stuff to find bugs... It's too much work, a lot more time required from Vorspire to do that. Most shards Devs & Owners won't do it. They just throw the patch in and hope it works. That's why shards go down all the time. -----

I mean to make our lives easier, we could just forget all patches years ago, and just let the server remain the same... That would be so easy and nice for us!!!!  Or we could put out an update every week. That update would be 2 things on it... a new mongbat spawn outside Moonglow and an ankh placed outside shame. - That's it.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

zaxarus

Ok, won't happen again.

Idk how i offended you by being excited about the coming things, but I also won't try to understand.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Falada

May I ask what the one has to do with the other? For me the Website also says that the Testserver is Online all the time. Last time i tried to login it didn't work. (Didn't try in the last 10 hours cause we were sleeping and at work.) Now it works. But what does that have to do with coding if we just ask that? :(

I know what hard work that is to run all that. But i think atleast 3 people asked why they can't log on the test server if it says online on the website. We will log there now and test whatever we can test.
greets Fala

Voxpire

The test server is hosted on my personal computer, not on the same machine as the live shard.
This means that we can not accurately predict when the test server is online or offline, up to this point, I have had to manually enable/disable the box on this website with the information. Instead of doing that 10 times a day, I just leave it enabled if I know it's going to be up for at least 10 out of 24 hours. There are times when it's offline, and even for 5 minutes it can seem like it's not going to be online and it's easy to brush it off and not bother trying again. This is why I suggest trying once an hour, if you really do want to test.

Zax, the reason you are getting responses like this, is because you come across as pushy, sure you're positive and excited and we really do appreciate that, but what we don't appreciate is that you almost always add a complaint that it's taking too long, or has taken some time to accomplish. We are fully aware of how long it's taking and we don't need to be reminded constantly. This is probably why Kon has asked if you're a developer, so that he might be able to justify your attitude (to your benefit) towards the time it takes to complete quality work. We do understand that anticipation is equally frustrating, but we can't update with new information if there is none available. We also do not want to give false hope by making statements about how long this and that will take to complete, but when faced with constant questioning, we barely have a choice: estimate, lie, or look ignorant. We would appreciate it if people did not put us in that position.

I hope you understand.

zaxarus

I do understand. I am a GM on a RPG Server (NOT UO, this will be no advertisement & i won't answer any questions about that private project), so I have an understanding that things take their time. And the answer "It's done when it's done" is one i always give when someone asks about something and i have no intention to make false hopes or simply got no idea myself how long this and that might take to accomplish.

I think I'm a loyal and also very active player & I'm always trying to help, even with criticism (because this is the only way you guys can get response: What is good and what is buggy or "wrong" or fails to work properly and so on...

And sometimes, when I'm excited I know that i tend to seem "pushy" or maybe even childish. That I know. But I hope you, Kon and Vorspire, know, that I appreciate your work all the time. Even and especially then, when I'm behaving like a little dinosaur on speed and ask and ask and try to get a perspective.^^
I apologize if u felt "being pushed" or something but I want to make it absolutely clear that it's never been my intention to offend anyone. It's excitement, childish excitement. But i stand for this. ;)

I won't say anything about your reactions to my question, just because I hope that you might understand my intentions I just tried to explain, ok?

The reason I wasn't able to log on Test Server the last 10 hrs or so is simple: sleep & work. Nothing I can control.^^

I am on test server right now. If it helps I will post what I've tested & if there are questions/bugs/problems.
Ok?

Ty, and now we should relax again....

Tys
Tys

"My name is my name."

Voxpire

I understand. It's really nice to read posts of appreciation, but it seems that appreciation goes out the window as soon as people say things like "... it's been a while", etc. Ending your posts with a negative almost always offsets the positive. You could write 1000 words of praise, then end it with a single negative sentence and it throws it all out the window. That may just be my perception, but when I'm writing statements or asking questions, I always try to get the negative stuff out first, then sum the statement up in a positive way so that the point is still made but isn't distorted by negativity.

In context, if you say "It's been a while for this patch..." (the negative) and then continue on to say "...but I think it's looking really promising from what I've seen..." (the positive), you change the entire angle of the statement towards the positive and the negative is less likely to be noticed.

Far be it for me to dictate to anyone on how to write their posts, this probably all comes down to people being naturally optimistic or pessimistic.
I know that I am more towards pessimism, it's something I can't help, which is why I tend to pick up more on negativity than positivity. Most of you may have noticed that I don't take compliments very well, or don't acknowledge them :)

zaxarus

Well, no bad surprises when ur pessimistic, right?^^

As I said: Not a single moment it was my intention to spread any kind of negativity.

Ok:

Test Server:

House Customizing:

- Set Commercial: check
- Set Military: check
- Set Industrial: check
- Set Residential: check

Question: Why bonus on STR/DEX/INT? Does it affect crafting, too?

-> Works.

House Sales

- Built a house, clicked Ownership, set a price, put it on market, sell --> works.

Imbuing:

Checked all Imbuing last time i was on Test Server, Fala checked the XP Gain by killing monsters - all working.

One problem:
Cannot test Slayer Imbuing, cause after confirmation i crash (happened 2 times in a row).

So far...
Tys

"My name is my name."

Falada

QuoteOne problem:
Cannot test Slayer Imbuing, cause after confirmation i crash (happened 2 times in a row).

I tried to test Slayer too and crashed. Now every time i login and try to open my backpack i crash again. :/
greets Fala

zaxarus

Yup, won't let me do anything: Backpack auto opens and i crash.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111