Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

UPDATES Q&A

Started by sandonato1400, June 11, 2013, 07:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voxpire

Great feedback, just what I needed :)

The house category for industrial gives stat bonuses based on whether the categories are balanced, IE, why choose one or the other if one lacks certain features? Though I see your point and will probably just remove stat bonuses for the industrial category.

Slayer imbuing causing client crashes because (I think) the text displayed on the rune is too long for the client to handle. (Slayer descriptions are quite long) - I'll see if I can shorten the text, but as it stands, it's based on the cliloc game files so it's language-independent, so I'll have to sacrifice that globalization to fix the client crash.

What are your opinions on the amount of slots available for equipment?
I haven't counted how many runes are available for each piece of equipment yet, so it's possible that, at full tier 5 (15 slots) you might be able to add every rune available to one item (which is something I'm trying to avoid in order for people to mix and match different sets)

Horns Nigel

Cant wait to get off work so I can try it...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

zaxarus

Ah okay, i will try again later to log back in then? Because I think i got a slayer rune in my backpack now.^^
(Tried to close my backpack faster than client would be able to crash me, but think I've only proved that machines are faster than humans, hm?^^)

QuoteWhat are your opinions on the amount of slots available for equipment?
I haven't counted how many runes are available for each piece of equipment yet, so it's possible that, at full tier 5 (15 slots) you might be able to add every rune available to one item (which is something I'm trying to avoid in order for people to mix and match different sets)

1.) I noticed that Talismans will have now 5 instead of 8 slots. Would overpower all existing imbued Talis with 8 Slots, so we'd need to get XP to enhance them.

2.) Also I noticed that weapons will have 10 slots instead of 12; armor 10 instead of 15; jewels 10 instead of 12.
You can enhance up to 5 more slots, so weapons: max 15 // armor max: 15 // jewels: 15.

3.) Clothing: 5 slots instead of 6 (+ 5 = 10)

What i see now:

First of all the XP System is great. Makes sense & brings people back to PvM.

But:
What about all the existing imbued Talismans, Armor Pieces, Jewels and Weapons? Will they be overpowered then? Armor for example now has 15 slots. After patch every fully imbued Armor will be overpowered and can't be enhanced any further by XP. Right?
I suggest to let armor be the way it was: 15 Slots + 5 Slots by XP - or every player who fully imbued his armor will be punished.
Weapons: okay
Talis: I think same as with armor.
Jewels: Okay.

You have to keep in mind that there are new properties ahead & i have my doubts that anyone of the vets would want to make his gear again, for the third time then.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Voxpire

If armor has 15 slots + 5, are there even 20 separate runes just for armor? Luck and Nightsight are ignored and I think there are 17 possible runes that work on armor, leaving 3 that will never be filled.

Any item that will overpower after the patch will gain the Tier equivalent of how many slots over it is, so if you have 15 slots full now, the item will become tier 5 - how does that sound?
In the future maybe we add more properties to imbue, but for now I think we should keep the base/start lower?

Need to see what others think too :)

zaxarus

Quote from: Vorspire on July 08, 2013, 08:45:23 AM
If armor has 15 slots + 5, are there even 20 separate runes just for armor? Luck and Nightsight are ignored and I think there are 17 possible runes that work on armor, leaving 3 that will never be filled.

Any item that will overpower after the patch will gain the Tier equivalent of how many slots over it is, so if you have 15 slots full now, the item will become tier 5 - how does that sound?
In the future maybe we add more properties to imbue, but for now I think we should keep the base/start lower?

Need to see what others think too :)

This sounds better.
Means: If i got an overpowered armor piece with tier 5 on it I would be able to remove 1 property to add another one (if needed)? Let's say remove Faster Ethy to add one of the new properties?
Because if i got an item that is overpowered but has tier 5 i should be able to change properties within the max ratings, correct?
I also ask because even resists take space, too.

Tys

"My name is my name."

zaxarus

I do not edit, idk if u are alrdy answering, ok?^^

Question:
What's the Bonus Heal cap? 50? 60? 80? Cause 100 no one can get & gargs alrdy are disadvantaged.
(Not that i care, hahaha)

Edit:
Have to take back what i wrote about the armor pieces. Just simulated an existing item and tried to re imbue it within 15/15 slots with maxed increases and hp reg 3. Works fine.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Falada

Just checked the new Toolbox and saw that it does not hold Shovels like the 'old' one does we now have. Also i try to find out which tool could be the one in the imbue section cause the runchisel is in 'unravel' and the scribes pen is in 'inscription'. :) And what the section 'transmutation' is for. :)

Afk for a while. Checking more later.
greets Fala

zaxarus

"Daemon Dismissal" & "Balron Damnation" are not shown on weapons, the other slayer types (i like the new names) are shown.
(Checked this by [props cause no idea if that rune name thingy works now.^^)
Tys

"My name is my name."

zaxarus

Summary

1. Housing

House Customizing ("Manage Category")

- Tested "Industrial": working

- Tested "Commercial": working

- Tested "Residential": working

- Tested "Military": working

Every Category will last 168 hrs (= 1 week), that's good because you'd have to decide carefully your settings. Found no problems, no questions or bugs / crashing triggers.

House Trading (Ownership)

- Built a house, clicked Ownership and set price. House has to be public. Makes sense because you might try to sell a house with all included Deco and Items. No problems.
Idk if it needs an option for a seller's description, because some items might not be visible when in chests. On the other hand you could just lock down every single item you want to sell with the house. So just ignore this.^^
Bought a house, works.

2. Tool Box

A new setup of categories, makes it more comfortable.

Missing: Shovel, Pickaxe

Questions:
1) What's the category "Transmutation"?
2) Which tools are supposed to fit in the category "Imbuing"? (Rune Chisel and Scribe's Pen are in other categories.)

3. Imbuing Changes

Ratings, Runes, Properties

- Tested all imbuable properties for Armor, Weapon, Talisman, Jewels, Clothing. In general there are no problems (except the too long names for Slayer Runes, but you know).

- Simulated an "overpowered" Armor Piece (15/15 Slots) and tried to re imbue it - with success. You won't be able to put on every single property maxed out, so you have to decide and you have to set up your gear carefully: "Which property do I need where?"

- Imbued clothing, talisman & quiver with new properties: Evasion / Perception / Bonus Healing / Crafting Success. Works.
Also here you have to make decisions! That's good. Makes a gear more individual.
Questions here:
1) What's the cap on Bonus Healing? Humans/Elves can get max. 80; Gargs can get max 50. So the cap can't be 100. Is it 50?
2) What's the cap on Crafting Success and Evasion and Perception?

Material Changes

Crystals:
You will need crystals (1 to 3) for each property. When I was on Test Server a little while ago there was a Converter (an item) to change Relics into Crystals. Is this Item removed?
The drop rate seems very low. You already said that it's intended to be so. I checked some monsters (Elementals, Lurg, Medusa, Slasher of Veils, Virtue Bane, Dread Horn, Shimmering Effusion, some Champs, Stygian Dragon): The drop rate seems to be better on named Monsters, correct?
Also i killed a spawn of Earth Elementals: no single Crystal.
Concerning the fact that we'll need Crystals for everything this is a little hard, i think - so the converter was a good alternative if u'd had an overload of Relics.
From my calculations the average drop rate of crystals on regular monsters could be less than 0,5%?^^

Experience Points (XP), Tiers, Durations, Amounts of XP

How it works (might be interesting for those who don't join the Test Server):
After the patch every Item (Armor, Jewel, Weapon, Talisman, Clothing, Quiver) will not only have a Rating and a number of max. Slots you can imbue. It will also have something called "Tier". Every tier you get will give you +1 Rune Slots and + Max Rating. So if you get a Tier you get a slot.
Maximum bonus slots: 5.
You get a Tier by killing monsters. Every killed monsters will give you XP on every Item you are wearing. These XP are split up between people (damage depending).
You need:
100 k XP for 1st Tier
+ 200 k XP for 2nd Tier
+ 300 k XP for 3rd Tier
+ 400 k XP for 4th Tier
+ 500 k XP for 5th Tier
Means: If u get 100 k XP you got the first Tier (+ 1 Slot). Then you need 200 k more for the next Tier, then you need 300 k more for the next and so on.
(NOT 100 k per Tier, it's always more: 100, +200, +300...)

Killed several monsters to get an impression of the XP amounts they give. At bosses the rate is between 50 and 250 (average). A single regular Earth Elemental for example gives you 1 XP.
This is no low rate because you have to keep in mind that every item will get the same amount: Monster dies, 250 XP move to every item on you (not in backpack!).

Killed a complete Mephitis Champ Spawn including Mephitis:
9494 XP per Item. That's not so bad. Considering you might be with some people at Champ Spawns you might count with 10 (solo) to 30 Spawns (3 people) for 100 k XP (for you and everyone around you).
For next tier you can calculate with 20 to 60 Spawns (solo / 3 people) and so on. ;)

The best way to get good XP will be killing Spawns & named monsters (Peerless, Champions and so on).
It will be a long road to get it done, but this must be the intention. ;)

Tys

"My name is my name."

mysterio

Hi i tried testing the imbuing system and i found a few things that i think  are in error  maybe. First thing i noticed when using the unraveling rune. you get rough stones blank imbuing runes and blank unraveling runes? i personally think that is just silly. That takes the fun out of hunting rough stones.  Second  i really think the unraveling rune. is just to easy to acquire materials needed for imbuing. i think the current unraveling system is just aggravating enough to keep me interested. i mean. where is the fun in clicking unraveling rune 20 times bag empty repeat.  I'm not complaining. I'm just one person and personally i like sitting at my house and unraveling for 4 hours and making runes from the materials Ive collected. these are just my thoughts. I'll test some more tomorrow if i can figure out why i keep crashing on test server

King Kong

Nice informative post Zax

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Voxpire

@mysterio, I'm going to make it less redundant - I'm removing Blank Imbuing/Unraveling Runes completely so it just uses Rough Stone, that cuts out one step.

You can also craft a single Item Unravelling Rune which will destroy an entire item, so you don't have to sit and unravel individual props.

I've also added a feature to craft systems, works kinda like the Mark option, but instead it's for Unravelling, if it is enabled, it will automatically unravel the item when it's crafted.

@Zax, your info has been extremely helpful in balancing the systems, thank you for your very detailed reports :D

zaxarus

Thank you ^^

Glad if i can help.

Will the test server be on today?

Tys

"My name is my name."

Voxpire

It's up now :) I've been making a lot of edits all night.

Drake11

is there anything that can be done with items that have a ton of runes but only one in the stat, like the pvp shroud? has 13? runes but only 1 in each stat, is there anything we can do so that we can add stats to it?
Imperator of Warcry [WAR]
Commanding Lord of the House of Targaryen

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111