Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

UPDATES Q&A

Started by sandonato1400, June 11, 2013, 07:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Vorspire on July 09, 2013, 08:21:39 PM
New detailed shrunken pets :)

needs Req.Taming skill aswell, new folks here often get a greater dragon as a gift, and one bloke had a real problem with his, but it was only that it req. 105% animal taming. Perhaps good to add?
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Voxpire

Good idea Noll, I'll cover that too :)

zaxarus

Except for some bugs & things to be fixed / adjust, everything we've seen so far is more than great. :)

There is one thing that should be mentioned though. And this is no negativity at all, I just think it's better to talk about it now than later, when the patch is in, ok?

It's this:

As explained before, you will be able to transmutate Relics into the Crystals we will need for Imbuing. All properties will need 1 to 3 (maxed property) Crystals. You'll need at least 10 Relics (up to 20, depending on the success chance you wanna have) + some Residues to get 1 Crystal, makes 30 to 60 Relics for one maxed imbued property (fails not included).
So far so good. I think that's a perfect way for people who might need one special Crystal or are not able to hunt for whatever reason. In other words: good!

But:
You can also get these crystals by killing monsters. The drop rate is beyond being low, since we've killed about 1000 monsters on the test server and got only 7 crystals...
This is way too low, since we'll need the crystals for every single property. Even vets will soon reach their limit on Relics to exchange into crystals & even vets won't be able to hunt for all crystals they need, simply cause of time. I mean, you'd have to hunt 24 hrs per day, every day, every week, to get at least a basic amount of crystals.^^
I don't want to start about newbies...

Please think it over. Maybe the drop rate could get an adjustment? I don't say it should be easy or fast to get the crystals. But there should be a perspective & the chance to get them in an appropriate amount of time.
So, please think about it. This is just from a player's perspective & the try to fix this before it's getting frustrating, ok?*

Far from this I want to make clear that the coming things might result in the best and biggest patch this shard has ever seen.

Ty,

Tys

* Suggestion:
To adjust the drop rate of crystals I just got an idea:
Since Rough Stones can be crafted after the patch & also can be obtained by Unraveling, why not change the drop rate on Roughs to 1:50 & therefore make the drop rate of Crystals 1:60?
I don't think that this is too heavy since we'll need them for absolutely every imbuable property.
Just an idea.

Tys

"My name is my name."

mysterio

i doubt i could have worded that better my self i completely agree

Horns Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Voxpire

It depends on where you were killing the monsters, the drop rate is 50% lower in Trammel :)

Don't forget, we are opening up an entire new map to play on which is dedicated to scaling everything by tier.

People who currently have fully imbued equipment will automatically have their gear tier adjusted, so most of you will probably be average tier 4 or 5, max tier is 5 currently.

Here's the Crystal Of Elements drop formula, which might be useful for you to calculate averages :)

double chance = 0.05;
int min = 1;
int max = 1;

if (m is BasePeerless)
{
chance = 1.00;
min = 2;
max = 3;
}
else if (m is BaseChampion)
{
if (((BaseChampion)m).IsNewbie)
{
chance = 0.50;
max = 2;
}
else
{
chance = 1.00;
min = 2;
max = 3;
}
}
else if (m is AbyssalCreature)
{
var ac = (AbyssalCreature)m;

chance = ac.ScaleValue(0.10);
min = ac.Tier;
max = min + (int)(ac.ScaleValue(0.01) * 100.0);
}
else if (m.HitsMax >= 500000)
{
chance = 0.50;
max = 5;
}
else if (m.HitsMax >= 250000)
{
chance = 0.40;
max = 4;
}
else if (m.HitsMax >= 100000)
{
chance = 0.20;
max = 3;
}
else if (m.HitsMax >= 10000)
{
chance = 0.10;
max = 2;
}

//Reduce chance according to map
if (c.Map == Map.Trammel)
{
chance /= 2;
}

zaxarus

Thank you for posting this, things getting clearer...^^

Maybe we test that again  :D
Tys

"My name is my name."

Falada

Very nice, thank you :) I'll try that again tomorrow. It's too late now to work on that with enough concentration^^
greets Fala

mysterio

OK so i think i broke my calculator on that math project. but i think i have the figures right. ill pm you with numbers on test sever. if my numbers are right . that has put my worries to rest . however. only figure missing is new area and what will be there some spoilers would be nice.

Thatperson

could be a great opportunity here to make use of the vote tokens and create a buzz about voting by offering tier upgrades buyable with vote tokens.... just a thought :)

zaxarus

Quote from: mysterio on July 10, 2013, 08:02:50 PM
OK so i think i broke my calculator on that math project. but i think i have the figures right. ill pm you with numbers on test sever. if my numbers are right . that has put my worries to rest . however. only figure missing is new area and what will be there some spoilers would be nice.

Tys loves spoilers.^^

On the other hand he also likes surprises. Now what to decide? hmmmm

Might check that drop rate on another facet. Or is there anything else that needs further or new testing? Just say a word.

Tys

"My name is my name."

zaxarus

Test Server is offline. Will it be on next hrs or are "we done"?

Tys

"My name is my name."

zaxarus

"Final Testing"

so far:

- The drop rate of the crystals has been adjusted. MUCH MUCH better now. It's not too hard, not too easy in Fel Facet. The average drop rate after a whole spawn is about 10 to 30 (different crystals), so considering the important function of these new materials this is rly okay.

- Checked Tool Box: Runic Tools are working with it. Sewing Kits: Names are not shown in the box (but still working).

- XP Rate after killing spawns seems okay to me. Depends on the damage you do, will be splitted up between everyone who is killing there & gets (full!) on each item you are WEARING.
Example:
You kill monsters with an area dmg weapon, you get 20 XP (after a small amount of creatures) and every item gets 20 XP.

- Seen one of the new monsters, looks very very cool (won't say anything, but i know people who will love their hue^^).
Tys

"My name is my name."

zaxarus

Will the test server be up again?

Tys

"My name is my name."

Saturn

After reading this entire thread i must admit that i am utterly lost with the new imbue/tier system. Someone is gonna have to write a guide for dummies on the new changes. If the test server goes back up, let me know, cause i'd like to actually test these things, instead of just dinking around with GM powers like i was...
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman