Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Server Down for update?

Started by Oniel, July 28, 2013, 10:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniel

I see the server is down.. is the update going through now?

GM NollKoll

The patch got ingame, and a few things that shouldnt happened, happened...
There was a crash involved in the newly added rune codex, hopefully the server will be up and running again soon. Please be patient, we had no plans of this happening ofc, but some things might not have been tested on the test server (i do not blaim the patriots who have helped us there, didnt mean it like that.. Just that some things might slip trough =/)
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

King Kong

I manually put it back up, but it could very well lock up again.

Vorspire was exhausted from installing this patch, so Noll took over has been the eyes on shard.

Once Vorspire wakes up he will fix whatever error is causing the lock up.

Ty for patience.  -- Good time to update clients & read over the new patch.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

zaxarus

Might be still that Rune Codex / Master Runebook problem. Noll did hide them in our backpacks, but the Master Runebook popped back up.
Can't even click it now, dangerous...^^

Tys

"My name is my name."

Oniel

Its all good! Im just happy for new (original) content :) been playing Anno Online a bit, taking a bit of a break from the shop. But i have been glued to the forums :)

and off topic, what is this "Master Runebook" This is the second time i have seen someone mention it.

PS oh and is this update going to be something we need to download? Thanks :)

Silas DroSakhar

The master runebook is a central runebook (available by donation) that holds all of your other runebooks and runes.  There is also (after the patch) a nifty Runebook Codex available on the Trash Vendor for 25k trash tokens that serves the same purpose.  I may be over-simplifying this, but the basic context is true to the best of my knowledge.  Currently, however, both are suspected of having caused some shard instability, and the Codex (at least) is invisible to prevent usage until further testing and fixing.
Build a man a fire, and you warm him for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Thatperson

the master runebook is a donator item that combines all your runebooks into one.. the rune codex is a brand new item available for trash tokens that does the same thing.

sebastian

i dont see my bp master rune book ? huh fix pease

GM NollKoll

the masterrunebooks has been temp. hidden away, its still in  your backpack.. but you cannot see it
But..

GM NollKoll

Konstantine decided to put the server down, tils Vorspire can get back on and fix it, there was no point in having it up, there were some memory leaks, made it lag real bad tils the server crashed.
If you desp. need your dose of uo, try hitting at our sister shard, same ip but with port: 2594 instead.
But..

King Kong

Hey folks.

Vorspire will be getting back in the office soon enough to take care of this locking up problem. -- It's a huge publish. Even with months of testing, you cannot find everything. -- For those of you living under a rock the last 12 hours. The publish is already in. Read the notes.

Imagine what it would be like if we just threw it all in without a test shard? So next time you think the patch is taking awhile.... hehe

I am keeping Pandora down until Vorspire puts it up himself, which will be somtime today.

Until then play around on our sister shard Descendants. -- Same IP as Pandora but port 2594 (you can also using  play.descendantsuo.com )

It's more old school, but still quick skill gain and you appreciate the little things again.

http://www.descendantsuo.com/

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Voxpire

On the case, and won't be long :)

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111