Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

P^M why Join CoM??

Started by Articus, August 23, 2010, 11:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dleatherus

QuotePlus u have a floor model resource box like the 1 insula above another resources box?

*sigh*  the resource boxes are from the donation room, paid for with pandora coins ..you also can buy 2, 3 or however many you want

the reason we have 2 is that we are a cooperative guild .. we basically pool the majority of our resources, including peerless regs and other valuables ... every single guild member has access to the front chest and can take out as much of everything as they like

since as the guild grows, the potentiual for having for  example, over 1000 peerless regs 'looted' grows, i limit the amount in the front chest so that losses would be minimised

hopefully this answers your 'concern' about 2 resource boxes

i don't know where you're even coming from on your posts, if you have an issue with what we are building/trying to accomplish for the shard, come see me in game about it .. i'll even be happy to friend you temporarily to our guildhouse so you can have a look for hidden weapons of mass destruction  :lol:

Mahavira

Factions are defined as "a broad game system designed to promote organized player conflict within the society of Britannia. The fundamental goal of the conflict is to provide a foundation for player conflict based upon meaningful and contextual combat and conflict-related interactions." In other words, factions are a type of role-play designed for PvP'ers. Factions were created to give PvP a real purpose, to enhance gameplay for people who like to PvP. There is a whole story behind the system and by ignoring the story, we miss out on the fundamental reason that the faction system was created.

The faction system is divided into 4 factions: 2 Good and 2 Evil. Each has a different alignment: Order Good(TB), Chaotic Good(CoM), Order Evil(Minax), Chaotic Evil(SL). These factions are meant to war over the Felucca Facet. The two good are meant to protect innocents, while to two evil are meant to kill them.

True Britannians are supposed to be the weak ones who are afraid to fight. This caused the rift between TB and CoM: "The Council of Mages broke away from Lord British after the creation of Trammel. They thought that Trammel should not have been created, and that Felucca was still worth fighting for."

CoM is not fighting for the ability to player kill, their job is to kill PK's. Now what could be more mind-boggling than a PK guild, joining a faction that is supposed hunt's PK's? You should be Minax or Shadowlords. Seeing that UO is Shadowlords, I think it would makes sense to join Minax.

Who should join CoM? Well, there isn't any guild that would qualify as PK hunters. IECM is a diverse group and would probably be more fitting for us to join True Britannians, I say this even though I prefer the CoM faction. However, given that newer players and people just starting to PvP like to join factions and since they flock to TB, I think it would make sense if IECM stayed in CoM.

I think this would be balanced: Newer Players/Small Ineffectual Guilds(TB); IECM(CoM); UO(SL); P^M(Minax)?

Dleatherus

wait Mahavira ..that makes sense!!!  

would be a good way for the varying guilds in existence to 'align' themselves with the corresponding faction

does that sound reasonable P^M?

let's put aside who wos where first, and return to the base reason for factions existing

Articus

Trinsic Mayor??????????????? Thread Hijack LOL

Deadmau5

All of P^M plays this game for the pvping not the lore behind the pvp.  If you are all so interested in the lore then I would advise trying to find more lore junkies on a RP server.  This server is advertised as a PVP / PVM server but does not say RP can't exist.  Its just not an area of the game that is of much concern to most of the community.

Its still IECM that has the problem with us in the same faction as them.  They don't run this game but neither do we.  We are not complaining about them nor will we ask them to change factions.  
Quotelet's put aside who wos where first, and return to the base reason for factions existing
Well said.  So the base reason for factions was PVP and which is what we plan to do.

Mahavira

I would advise you shut your fucking mouth. Don't reply with that garbage. You could at least be civil in your reply, instead of being an up-tight douche bag.

As for being a "lore junkie," I was helping to explain the concept behind factions, as you obviously don't know shit about them. They ARE NOT just for PvP, but instead have a story behind them. If they were just for PvP, the story would not exist.

Deadmau5

Sadly its the "pk" guild that is being the most civil about this whole situation and not trying to pressure the other guild to take action by leaving the faction.  Here is a quote from stratics:
QuoteThe Faction System is designed to promote organized player conflict within the Felucca society of Britannia and encourage the inclusion of a wide array of play-styles.
Now the base reason for faction was organized player conflict.  The inclusion of the wide array of play-styles is the crafting portion of factions and political portion of factions that results in ranks and voted leadership.  On a role playing shard this could mean good and evil but on a pvp shard this just means pvp.

We are not asking IECM to do or change anything with how they choose to play this game.  So please stop referring to us or this situation like we are doing something wrong.  As far as I am concerned all of my posts have had legitimate responses and do not attack or slander IECM in any way.

Mahavira

Quote the next sentence: "The fundamental goal of the conflict is to provide a foundation for player conflict based upon meaningful and contextual combat and conflict-related interactions."

Contextual combat.

Second, how is telling someone to leave the shard and join other "lore junkies," considered civil? And then you complain that IECM told you that you should join another faction. But telling someone to leave the shard is civil?

Klone

QuoteI would advise you shut your fucking mouth. Don't reply with that garbage. You could at least be civil in your reply, instead of being an up-tight douche bag.

:shock:

Aaliah

QuoteI would advise you shut your fucking mouth. Don't reply with that garbage. You could at least be civil in your reply, instead of being an up-tight douche bag.

Now...
How is this civil?
[e scream

Mahavira

lol no. I never claimed it was. But when I make a post trying to explain why it would be better for P^M to join a different faction, in an intelligent and respectful manner, and get ridiculed for being a "lore junkie" and told to leave the shard. Why should there be a civil reply?

Deadmau5

The great thing is about not being able to edit posts is that you clearly read what I previously said.  I did not say to leave the shard and join other "lore junkies."  What I did say is that you may find other people with those interests on a RP shard.  I also said that RP still can exist on our shard but that the majority of the community chooses to not participate.  You are taking what I said completely out of context.

About being respectful.  I don't believe I have been disrespectful in any of my posts.  Isn't that a little immature too.  If you say I am not civil in one of my posts that obviously gives you the right to not be civil in your next post?

P^M respects IECM and their decisions.  We will continue to exist as we previously did exist before IECM chose to join factions.

Mahavira

"All of P^M plays this game for the pvping not the lore behind the pvp. If you are all so interested in the lore then I would advise trying to find more lore junkies on a RP server."

So, I should try to find more lore junkies on a RP server. Wow, completely out of context. In no way were you telling me to find more "lore junkies" on a RP shard.  :roll:

Deadmau5

Maybe I should quote myself and ask you to read the entire paragraph not the first sentence.

QuoteAll of P^M plays this game for the pvping not the lore behind the pvp. If you are all so interested in the lore then I would advise trying to find more lore junkies on a RP server. This server is advertised as a PVP / PVM server but does not say RP can't exist. Its just not an area of the game that is of much concern to most of the community.

Did I specifically say leave this shard?  Or did I say don't try to do that on this shard?

This thread is about P^M and IECM in the same faction for PVP reasons.  We are not asking anything to be changed as we have no complaints about a problem that does not exist.

Mahavira

No, you never actually said the word leave. But in the correct context, that is certainly what you implied: "P^M doesn't care about your lore, we only care about PvP, go find a nice RP shard to play on." Anyone can see that.

Second, I already proved that factions are intended to be Role Played.

Lastly, it is a major problem. Not that you refuse to join a evil faction, but the fact that both guilds are in the same one. Factions were reset because of an imbalance of power. It's even more imbalanced than before. Something must be done.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman