Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

P^M why Join CoM??

Started by Articus, August 23, 2010, 11:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaliah

QuoteFactions were reset because of an imbalance of power.

To be honest, I believe they were reset to fix a bug that made anyone unable to join any faction.
[e scream

Mahavira

I think you're right.

But staff was constantly complaining about the imbalance of power. I even remember them telling people to quit TB or they would eliminate factions all together.

Deadmau5

I understand and respect the argument you are attempting to make for role playing factions.  However this is not a role playing shard and you can not force other people to make decisions based on role playing reasons.  What you proved was that you are interested in the lore while P^M and a majority of others are interested in the pvp.  Factions have a history behind them but on a pvp server they exists for pvp reasons.

Konstantine said that he would like to see P^M out of TB.  After we were informed of that we chose amongst ourselves to join a faction that had the least amount of participants.  So well over a week before factions were reset we decided upon CoM.  C|S was in Minax so why would we look to join that one?  We were unaware that IECM had any intentions of joining factions before the reset along with Myaku had told various IECM members we were planning to go CoM after reset anyways.

Now that we are in the same faction we are not trying to change anything.  Please understand its IECM that has this desire to remove P^M from CoM and that P^M is not asking anything of IECM.

Articus

I guess I misunderstood when i heard someone say

We want an entire faction to ourself coming from a P^M member along with other arrogant remarks.

My bad, look what i have created........

[e scream

We can live in harmony :)

Dleatherus

this is escalating into something out of proportion

all that it is about is trying to have a bit of FUN and balance on the pvp side of factions .. nothing more, nothing less

since p^m and iecm find themselves in the same faction it seems, to us in iecm at least, a bit contradictary to be in the same faction and yet fighting each other ... there wosn't any plot or scheme on either side to end up in the same faction, each had a valid reason from their perspective for joining CoM

viable solutions were suggested, and turned down or ridiculed ... sad to see such conflict between folks who though 'enemies' ingame, have quite a few friendships that reach(ed) across the divide of our guilds

from my side it's not an ego thing ... we will leave com and choose another faction is all, and hopefully all of us have fun out on the field ... glad that we were able to work this out reasonably between us, take each others views into consideration, and thanks for the constructive input  :twisted:

Bobby Digital

This shit is fucking roll on the floor funny.... I love it when people get so mad they start kicking their children in the head behind a video game.

WHO GIVES A SHIT which faction EITHER guild involved is in. You can't attack each other in Trammel (in factions or not) and all of P^M is RED PK'S (aside from Serenity and an alt or two) therefore we will PVP in all FEL FACETS ANYWAY. If we see each other in Fel we will fight, EVERY ONE OF US knows this.... the only people that would or even could complain is P^M cause of the fact that you can flag on us in a guard zone first with an explosion...... WHOOPTY FUCKIN DOO!!! Like I said... HILARIOUS...

JUST DROP THIS IGNORANT ASS ARGUMENT.

Dleatherus

erm .. why did you bother joining factions then if not to have a purpose in terms of attacking/defending towns & sigils?

mebbe i'm missing the point, and i'm first to admit i ain't no expert on it, been 8 years since i stole a sigil, but from yer comments bobby yer saying p^m is just interested in a gank fest and screw everything/everybody else, factions just happens to be there and the extra faction bonuses help in having an upper edge in the gankfest, even if it be against fellow faction members?

Bobby Digital

no bro I'm not saying that at all, maybe it came out wrong cause I'm tired of looking at this bullshit wall of tears over the last 3 days. As far as I'm concerned we'll pvp in or out of factions, I could give a rats ass if we're faction mates, and rightfully so...... we're not in the same guild, therefore we're enemy's in fel facets right? and I'm sorry but I dont gank normally unless it's a field fight with multiple people.. which is also where you get res kills in the [pvpstats that everyone seems to cry about. as far as ganking...... right.... let's not even get that started...

Dleatherus

again, mebbe i'm wrong .. but when i did factions many many moons ago everybody in the faction worked together against the OTHER factions .. sometimes a couple of factions would have an  informal alliance against a stronger faction and the pvp within the faction system was a boatload of fun as ya attacked/defended towns and sigils against the other factions .. all i'm seeing bobby, and seriously, correct me if i'm wrong here cos sometimes i don't see the forest for the trees, by saying ya don't give a rats arse whether we're on same faction side or not is reinforcing my point that factions for you/p^m is just a mechanism to get some more stats to carry on your gankfest, the purpose of factions itself is somewhat lost .. and that's all good and fair .. not bitching about it, it's all a part of how the game runs and am fine with it .. just wanting to make sure we're all clear about it is all

Deadmau5

That is very truthful that P^M is in factions for the extra pvp that it allows us inside fel guard zones as well as the benefits of factions itself.  Just because a guild kills other faction members doesn't prevent that faction from succeeding and owning all of the towns.  They can't pk that faction in town just only in other Fel zones.  Factions have ALWAYS been about the extra pvp that it adds but guilds in factions have killed each other in the passed for even more pvp.

Trinsic Mayor

Dleatherus  get off your high horse champ considering they just fixed a resource glitch.So it does look kinda bad for you with the 2 items in question stacked up 1 on top of the other. Plus once again luna has a rune libary house that everyone uses so your wrong on that aspect.Lets not call it a player town lets call it what it is a glorified guild house then.Also why did your teleporters get wiped for a day ..... people usually dont wipe things unless something is wrong with them?Im just saying people are not as dumb as your hoping they are.
                          Also im sorry for jacking this post to whoever cares just a few things i have been wondering about for 1-2 weeks.I pretty much got the answers i thought i would on the subject.

Articus

Trinsic Mayor

What the..........??

:roll:

I Pmed you ingame I'll friend you to our glorious guild digs,

I don't understand anything else you're saying.

A little off topic here. But i think the Problem is Dleath is Kon's GF in Real life, that's why he gets special treatment.

Sorry I had too bring it up here Dleath but it's time everybody knew.........

I hope the humor and sarcasm carries over to you the reader, I am LMAO writing this just now :)

It is the OFF TOPIC thread Trash talk allowed hahahaha

Bobby Digital

Dleath, you are my friend reading what I'm saying wrong, either that or I'm saying it wrong and you're reading what's there. As for the gankfest.. I didn't start "ganking" people until a few weeks ago when Stillwater, Bulldawg, Mahavaria, and 2 or 3 others tried ganking me in the Dojo. I didnt' bitch about being ganked, i fought them 1v5 or 1v6 for over an hour... (was a badass fight) Until they called in Chronic BomB and Silver Slug to help. I don't really "care" about being ganked, but in turn it opens the field to things such as Res Kills etc.. Cause if you gank me for no reason.... ie. I'm fighting someone else and 2 more people recall in and try to dismount gank me... so be it, all is fair in Love and War... I'm gonna res kill, and I'm gonna gank every time I see that person... my Original post on this topic was to actually try and make the peace..... as far as everyone working together... WELLLLLLL where the hell was IECM when we were stealing sigils and then returning them once they were corrupted?... JUST sayin...

Belegerandh

Well, there's a solution to having a house being opened to completely yourself. That's this: buy your own d*mn house and don't be a scrub. Sorry, you're not the mayor there.  :lol:

Dleatherus

QuoteDleatherus get off your high horse champ considering they just fixed a resource glitch.So it does look kinda bad for you with the 2 items in question stacked up 1 on top of the other. Plus once again luna has a rune libary house that everyone uses so your wrong on that aspect.Lets not call it a player town lets call it what it is a glorified guild house then.Also why did your teleporters get wiped for a day ..... people usually dont wipe things unless something is wrong with them?Im just saying people are not as dumb as your hoping they are.
Also im sorry for jacking this post to whoever cares just a few things i have been wondering about for 1-2 weeks.I pretty much got the answers i thought i would on the subject.

having 2 resource boxes doesn't look bad for us at all .. are you implying that WE were doing anything wrong???? you're the kind of idiot who would burn a woman at the stake in the middle ages becos she floated instead of drowning when you threw her in the pond lol

emily runs the luna library she is/was a member of the guild ... since she is basically inactive and that library isn't being expanded on, we're doing it at the town .. i'm surpised a little weaseling rat like yerself hasn't snuck into the guildhouse and seen the almost EIGHTY completed books that are due to go into the new library shortly .. once again yer so off base it's laffable

the teleporters got wiped for a day becos there wos a legitimate misunderstanding on gizmo's part as to where they pop out at ... that misunderstanding was cleared up, and the teleporters put back in .. if there was something 'wrong' with them, they wouldn't have been put back in would they my little einstein?

why don't you stop trying to find fault with legitimate players and devote yer time to doing something novel like.. oh .. i got it .. having fun in the game???

and btw ..when the rune library and resources are up and running, you're more than welcome to come and make use of them just like everybody on the shard will be able to (yes, including P^M lol) ...  don't bother trying to apologise when it's all in place, i don't think a fish's lips can make the right shape to say 'sorry, i wos wrong'  :lol:

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman