Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Will the PvP system be ever reworked?

Started by outluke, December 22, 2010, 12:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outluke

We all know it's far from perfect as it is now. When as of late I asked my friend, who used to be a very active player for last half of the year, why he wasn't around anymore, he replied that after building his suit for so long he found out that PvP atm is brought to "a bunch of retards running around and shooting each other with crossbows, and that there was no sense in making spell combos as your opponent will heal right through it".
As I see it, PvP on Pandora is purely script based atm. Have a script to apply your 2sec bandaids, have it chug your cure pots instantly on infinite loop, with no delay, making it impossible to poison you, have it to eat enchanted apple everytime someone will mortal you. It is well known that a well geared person, running a good script, is pretty much invincible, unless ganked by massive number of players (only well geared players, as even 10 newbs won't beat the speed of a good script).
Seeing how pathetic it all become I can't help but to plead for some changes. Would Staff please consider taking some steps, ie:
- putting delay timer on cure/heal pots
- lowering bandaids speed
- consider lowering fc/fcr caps

Please do not act like there were no problem. There is a HUGE problem of PvP (which is the end-game activity for most of us) being dead. Please consider introducing changes (in any form you like) that will stop the "one man invincible script armies" and put some skill and teamplay back into action.
Thank you all for your consideration.

Bosskie

Definatly delay potions. I would say either lower bandages speed or lower fc/fcr cap. Do them both and I could see problems. My toon is a dexxer with no need for magery. It's already hard enough to leech, bandage, and pots and sustain max damage output. But then again I was diag with a rupture on my spine and the drugs have kicked in.

Kennedy

Pandora is a no skillcap, fast paced pvp server.

There is nothing stopping you from utilizing these resources/techniques to your advantage as well. Build a better suit, make a better weapon. Imbuing is easier than ever atm, use it to your advantage.

If the fast paced heals, pots, casting are not your taste, there are plenty of shards out there whos pvp caps might be better for you.... not being rude or anything.

Bosskie

Quote from: "outluke"As I see it, PvP on Pandora is purely script based atm.
Which ill agree with that. For the ones not using it, salute! With honesty, I wouldn't mind to start a post with a preview of these scripts, with honesty.

Domos

The pvp scripting with no caps takes a good portion of the skill out of it, 2s bandaids are fine by themselves, so is the fc/fcr cap, but when a player has both it becomes a bit of a joke. Simple fix that Ive talked about before: drop someones fc/fcr cap when they reach a certain bandaid speed, just like protection spell does. This way scripting can still be used, just wont be as op as it is now. Like it or not there are other people playing on this server, just because you feel something is "fine" doesnt mean others feel the same way, and while I understand you wanting to protect your supremacy, I dont think its appropriate to tell someone to go to another server just because they disagree.

Kennedy

I didnt tell them to go to another server, I said another server MIGHT be more geared for their taste (pvp wise) is all.

Pvp is alot different here, and definitely takes some getting used to.

outluke

You miss my point entirely. I do know Pandora has specific mechanics, and I've done all to adjust my playstyle, I do have superior gear and made the most out of imbuing system. The main problem is when I go out to PvP and try to utilize all skills, spells, use different tactics and what not, even with my superior gear I cannot compete with people running scripts. Sorry, but hitting easyuo play button is not my idea of PvP. Either some measures to rule out overpovered scripts from PvP will be taken, or most players who value real skill, teamwork and tactics in PvP will just give up.
IMHO the simple solution is to leave the caps for bandaids, potion delay, fc/fcr as it is now for PvM and tweak those for PvP.
I do believe that people who now "rule" using sophisticated scripts, would have much more fun if they had someone to actually fight in fel based facets, other than spending hours looking for a lonely newb at champ spawn. Even if you won't be able to use your pro Godrick-made scripts, you will probably spend more time fighting and having fun, other than as I see it now - sitting at Insula.
PvP is dead, lets not argue, lets work out something to revive it.

King Kong

lol -- oh people, everyone with a opinion.

You know they say this about PVP on every server? It's such a complicated system it cannot be perfect.

But the answer is yes, I have a test pvper, and I pvp with players to see things or find stuff that needs adjusted.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Mahavira

The only way to kill anyone with an imbued suit, 2s bandages, and pot-chugging script is with multiple, consecutive mortal strikes.

Don't bother casting any combination spells, the person will simply heal through it. You cannot poison someone to stop them from healing. The only way is with bleed or mortal. Without the ability to also poison your opponent, bleed is totally ineffective. It only takes 2s to bandage the wound, so it will take them 4s for their bandages to heal them. We all have around 150 hit-points. You cannot deal 150 damage in 4s. It's impossible. Then you have to try bleed them again, if you miss them (bound to happen), their Greater Heal potions go off (30hp-40hp with EP 50%, every 10s.), then their bandages go off, anywhere from 43hp-70hp (every 2s). Within 2s, they're back to full health. :/

Mortal makes this easier. They can't chug a greater heal pot while mortaled. It also lasts 6 seconds. Still, you cannot inflict 150hp worth of damage in 6s. You'll be lucky to get half that, then you need another mortal strike. Same rule applies, they will be full health again if you miss on your attempt at a second consecutive mortal strike.

Now with a crossbow, this isn't impossible. It may take you a bunch of tries, but landing consecutive mortal strikes can be done. The reason it's easier with a crossbow is that, as long as you're standing still and your opponent is within range, the swing timer is active. However, with a close-range weapon, like bone harvester or hammer pick, the swing timer is only active within the 1 tile range. What's even more difficult about close-range weapons, is they don't hit very hard, even a hammer pick only has a base damage of 15-17. Crossbows have a base damage of 18-22 (those things hit like Armor Ignore while inflicting a Mortal Strike). With a close-range weapon, most of your damage has to come from spells (harm is basically the only way), and you can't cast and move, so your pretty much fucked. Sure, you can Deathstrike, so they can't run away. Again, 1.25 swing speed applies on DS, even if you hit, cast your spells to wear them down, you have to hit them again (3 hits in a row!), then repeat. Good luck.

What's worse about crossbows, with these suits we have, it's very easy to get 240+ stamina. This isn't a problem on OSI. I have no idea what the stamina cap would be on that server, but if you're over 200 stamina, it's at the expense of an all-round nice suit. At 240 stamina with 40 SSI (You can get 40 SSI just by crafting in ash wood), it's 1.75 swing-speed. At 50 SSI, it's 1.50 swing-speed. That's absurd.

Sure, I could run around with a crossbow myself, but I don't want to. That's retarded. I want to be able to cast combination spells and time my attacks. Running with a crossbow is really just who is lucky enough to land two mortal strikes in a row. Where the hell is the fun in that? The PvP system is complete shit. It's not surprising that PvP on this shard is dead. You can try different things like building a new system of player run towns, and all of the other cool things Xeen talked about at the developer meeting, but with a PvP system like this, the player base will continue to shrink.

What should be done immediately:

All potions should have a 30s cool-down, at least. These should be for emergencies only. All this talk about high-paced PvP is a garbage. People who run those scripts don't have to use bandages, use pots, use weapon abilities, re-arm, cast evasion, etc. It does everything for you, how is that fast-paced, accelerated PvP?

To consider:

Slowing down bandage speed, lowering the property caps on items to 6 (I'm a dreamer), limiting stat bonuses on jewels to 1 stat, capping HPI from items at 25, nerfing mortal to 3s (only with other changes, right now it's the only way to kill anyone :/).

Probably others, it's late, I'm exhausted. I'm just saying, this is a joke. I spent months building a character and suit on this shard because the PvP was awesome (even when I got rolled repeatedly, time after time). It's horrible now, not even worth playing.

UOAddicted

Quote from: "Konstantine"lol -- oh people, everyone with a opinion.

You know they say this about PVP on every server? It's such a complicated system it cannot be perfect.

But the answer is yes, I have a test pvper, and I pvp with players to see things or find stuff that needs adjusted.

did you ever get hit with kontact's x-bow?

70 damage (i got 70 all resist) +2 hit spell +concusion and never miss
even do im 120 parry 120 bushido 180stam 65dci
i mean ohh weeeeeeee cmon lol  :shock:  :evil:  :o  :x  :?
nothing personal with kontact but i dont call that balanced pvp sry

Kontact

tbh i cant even be bothered reading all of it all i saw was bla bla bla kontacts bow. how about blablabla stop crying cos u didnt spend 6+ months building a suit about a xbow when i did. how about make one yourself if you are obsessed with it that much and stop having a boohoo. ty.

Kontact

only reason u want to nerf pots is because some people have developed pvp assistant scripts. otherwise u wouldnt care.

and u only care because the cure pots can keep up with the gay consecutive poison spam which is a lame strategy anyway.

this argument is less about pots and scripts and more about dexxers vs mages.

if you nerf pot timers, then mages should have their fc fcr nerfed to 2/6.

oh but you wouldnt like that now would u.

paco el flaco

Quote from: "Kontact"only reason u want to nerf pots is because some people have developed pvp assistant scripts. otherwise u wouldnt care.

and u only care because the cure pots can keep up with the gay consecutive poison spam which is a lame strategy anyway.

this argument is less about pots and scripts and more about dexxers vs mages.

if you nerf pot timers, then mages should have their fc fcr nerfed to 2/6.

oh but you wouldnt like that now would u.

2/6 IS the cap for Magery ....................... :S (necro is 4/6 and chiva 4/8)

Kontact

either way, mahav said he 'chooses' not to run around with a xbow or whatever or build a suit around one. thats his choice i dont see why i should get the shit i spent months building nerfed down to his or anyone elses level because they 'choose' not to build the same or a similar or even counter template. fuck that noise

Kontact

the oppotunity for my template exists for everyone if you choose not to use it thats your choice but idgaf if you dont want to, just dont QQ about me when i pwnt u

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman